EA Forums - Banner

Fog and leaves?

Prev1
I absolutely love it. I am not sure if I would use after say Thanksgiving though as I would want a more seasonal decor, i.e. snow.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It doesn't seem like fog to me, it looks like the shadows of clouds passing over a full moon.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    It doesn't seem like fog to me, it looks like the shadows of clouds passing over a full moon.

Whatever it is I really like it. And I wish they had an on off button for the seasons that you could turn off and on anytime. The snow is one thing but I would use this after the holidays are over.
  • Donna4612
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Do you think that when they turn this off will they go immediately to snow cover?

We'll all be blinded. LOL! :mrgreen:

I didn't like it at first, but then increased the brightness on my Ipad so it's not as dark. I like it now.
  • excelsior0808
    98 posts
    edited October 2013
    Honestly I could do without the fog. Leaves are cool, though.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Doesn't bother me
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    I absolutely love it! :D
  • mccorthomas
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's brilliant, the only downfall being that I can no longer differentiate the four roundish trees,which are devoid of leaves, whilst the pine trees have no loss of greenery (my OCD is killing me now that my forest is inconsistent).

In all seriousness though, I'm sure EA will allow us to switch between the day and night mode after Halloween, because nighttime isn't seasonal (unless you're in Antarctica); it occurs all year round, unlike snow. Its too good to waste. Imagine if the night could be activated on Christmas overlaying the snow. It would be magical.... even more so if street lamps and buildings lit up at night (which is what I had hoped for this Halloween). Nonetheless, I'm stoked!
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's brilliant, the only downfall being that I can no longer differentiate the four roundish trees,which are devoid of leaves, whilst the pine trees have no loss of greenery (my OCD is killing me now that my forest is inconsistent).

In all seriousness though, I'm sure EA will allow us to switch between the day and night mode after Halloween, because nighttime isn't seasonal (unless you're in Antarctica); it occurs all year round, unlike snow. Its too good to waste. Imagine if the night could be activated on Christmas overlaying the snow. It would be magical.... even more so if street lamps and buildings lit up at night (which is what I had hoped for this Halloween). Nonetheless, I'm stoked!

I know it might look inconsistent but it's actually correct. Pine trees are evergreens and do not lose their leaves.

I agree with you though as I said that I hope we get to keep it. I would definitely use it. And I like your idea of using it with the snow, that would look amazing I think!
  • fires
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    The falling leaves might seem like such a small thing but really adds something great
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    they are definitely clouds before a full moon, not fog. And, if you zoom in, they more or less disappear. The leaves come and go--is there a correlation between the appearance of the leaves and ghosts?
  • beckycontr89
    69 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't mind the fog. The only thing I don't like is that I have to brighten my screen which in turn drains my battery faster. TSTO Problems.
  • musik4dsol
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This update is the best so far this year
  • snowmanspfx
    40 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    It doesn't seem like fog to me, it looks like the shadows of clouds passing over a fall moon.
    everytime someone says fog this is what I think.
  • Sakaane
    102 posts
    edited October 2013
    The blowing leaves seem to have disappeared from my Springfield and the shadows don't seem as prominent anymore. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I love it :D
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    Doesn't seem so much like fog to me as it does the moon shining through the clouds.

But I like it quite a bit.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    I like it. I wouldn't mind a few optional weather patterns that could be turned on or off throughout the year. I must admit, though, the animations of this game, especially with haunted houses and ghosts, are starting to test the performance limits of my phone and tablet.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've gotten so used to auto collet that I only just now noticed the illumination of the loot when you collect it. Cool effect. And I, too, think it looks like the rolling shadows of moonlit clouds rather than fog. Also, really, really love the leaves. Wllie rakes a lot in my SF these days.
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I like the effect.

This thread made me wonder though. Will the leaves on trees reappear after Halloween is over, only to disappear again at Christmas?
  • adityahmehta
    123 posts
    edited October 2013
    Love the "Fog" and leaves.

I would also love the on/off toggle afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.