EA Forums - Banner

Can you only haunt a building if there is money to be tapped?

I am wondering the same thing!

Replies

• HeeHonkey
    51 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't think so. I got a couple of my buildings haunted while I was tapping around and am pretty sure that I didn't have them waiting to be collected. Further research may be needed though.
  • fuzznugget77
    1033 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Loads of my building get haunted 3 or 4 times a day and they are not due collection
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    If there is no buildings left to haunt, I'm assuming that the gamer has to go into his or her town and collect. It's just like if you visit someone's town that doesn't have a lot of buildings, they have to go in and collect to reset. (Think of the buildings that you can graffiti. Once they are all have graffiti you can't do it any more.)
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Im pretty sure you can haunt any building, regardless of whether its ready to have money collected. In the towns I've visited, pretty much every building has been available to click. So I dont think its tied into the same system as the owners money collecting.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    You can only haunt if there is a ghost floating above the building (instead of cash).

If there is no ghost, most likely the neighbor hasn't updated yet. Give them a few days in case they did not have a chance to do this.

If in a week to 10 days, there is only cash, then I'd say most likely the person isn't playing and it may be time to delete. There are always exceptions (for example, if the person has done a great job everywhere else in their town, Squidport and KrustyLand, then you may want to give them more time).

• canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Im pretty sure you can haunt any building, regardless of whether its ready to have money collected. In the towns I've visited, pretty much every building has been available to click. So I dont think its tied into the same system as the owners money collecting.

This is true. If you notice you can even haunt the nuclear buildings which are not even money producing. I've come back to my town and gotten the usual money from houses that my friends have haunted as well as goo so I'm pretty sure its not tied to payout.
  • spankymcnut
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've noticed that you can haunt a building more than once as long as their is a ghost above it. Instead of getting cash you will get 2 goo instead of the usual cash, goo, and money
  • RenegadeMoose
    308 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've noticed that you can haunt a building more than once as long as their is a ghost above it. Instead of getting cash you will get 2 goo instead of the usual cash, goo, and money
    I noticed this today too, but it removed the haunting. I did it on accident when trying to tap a ghost wandering around town. Now I'm wondering if this hurts the player I visited. Yes, I got more goo, but does that mean they get nothing since I cleared the ghosts? That would suck...

I could have sworn yesterday you couldn't do anything with an already haunted building... I noticed this after the update today.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.