EA Forums - Banner

Double Haunting? Tapping friends houses that are already haunted confusion

Prev1
I wondered the same thing. It almost looks like when you graffiti a building and someone else comes along and cleans it up. Could that be right?

Replies

• WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Donna4612 wrote:
    I wondered the same thing. It almost looks like when you graffiti a building and someone else comes along and cleans it up. Could that be right?
    Yea, that's exactly how I thought it was too. Hopefully somebody tested it
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I tested it with my different towns and it seems like it works just like the graffiti: you get 2 goo, the neighbour none.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    When you tap an already haunted house it says Haunted by ghosts. I've had it a couple of times today but can't get a pic because the button is broken on my tablet.
  • czechgirl3
    29 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ive gotten that in mine and others, It does just say haunted by ghosts.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This still confuses me because I've tapped already haunted buildings by accident and sometimes it says "haunted by ghosts" and stays haunted, other times the haunting goes away completely :? Also I've noticed with a few of my friends who have visited my town that I only see two hauntings by them, which I doubt they would only tap twice and leave..so this has got me thinking, perhaps they tapped an already haunted building and therefore took away my haunting.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Bump (sorry I would like to know for sure if double haunting is harming neighbors)
  • Davebod89
    25 posts
    edited October 2013
    bee88161 wrote:
    Bump (sorry I would like to know for sure if double haunting is harming neighbors)

I've thought this too, I've tried to stay away from already haunted houses, maybe a glitch that needs to be ironed out? I've seen 2 haunts from friends but not a third... Maybe the option to tap the ghost above the haunted house should be removed once haunted? If you get me.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Davebod89 wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:

I've thought this too, I've tried to stay away from already haunted houses, maybe a glitch that needs to be ironed out? I've seen 2 haunts from friends but not a third... Maybe the option to tap the ghost above the haunted house should be removed once haunted? If you get me.

Oh good thank you I'm not the only one lol, I thought it was strange because I know neighbors wouldn't just tap twice and leave.. So I think we are being ripped off by some double haunting lol. Hopefully this is either fixed or people stop doing it lol. I'm avoiding it at all costs now because it's unpredictable whether it will stay haunted or disappear.
  • codybippen
    20 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure if it says, "haunted by (the?) ghosts," it means that building is in the middle of a quest. Like when Homer goes to the plant for the Grimes mission. I don't think that will hurt them as far as GOO goes, but there's no way to tell if you're going to click on a previously haunted building or a building in use.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Bee, perhaps they accidentally tapped on a non haunted building and got money instead?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Bee, perhaps they accidentally tapped on a non haunted building and got money instead?

Hmm maybe? But wouldn't that show up as a handshake instead then? I think I may just avoid tapping on peoples already haunted buildings just incase I take away their haunt completely, because I accidentally did that to someone today.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ya.. I'm gonna stop double haunting too.. dont want my friends to miss out on their hauntings for an extra goo..
  • Mathwall
    412 posts
    edited October 2013
    bee88161 wrote:

Hmm maybe? But wouldn't that show up as a handshake instead then? I think I may just avoid tapping on peoples already haunted buildings just incase I take away their haunt completely, because I accidentally did that to someone today.
    Yea but when I did that I also got goo
  • kdc13collier
    59 posts
    edited October 2013
    Some of my buildings have been doubled haunted and doesn't seem to matter. When I tap the first name comes up, and tap again and the second person's name rises. I still get the goo so I don't think it makes much difference??
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Some of my buildings have been doubled haunted and doesn't seem to matter. When I tap the first name comes up, and tap again and the second person's name rises. I still get the goo so I don't think it makes much difference??

I could be entirely wrong but what I think is happening is that sometimes it benefits and sometimes it doesn't. I have gotten the double hauntings in my town and therefore gotten the goo..but other times somebody double haunting one of my buildings has actually taken away the haunting completely and leaving me with nothing basically an untouched building ( I gather this much because I know somebody wouldn't leave after only tapping 1 or 2 buildings)

So I believe it is hit and miss, you don't know if you're going to give someone a haunting or take away the already existing haunting by tapping on a haunted building. Like I said I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from my experiences because I've accidentally made a friends building unhaunted by tapping on in.

I'm 99% sure that was confusing and made no sense haha I'm sorry in advance!
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I opened my two towns last night and tried this out. I mean, I had my iPhone and iPad going at the same time. I found out that when I doubled haunted it did take the house away from my main town. However, seeing as I have had it work before, I believe that occurs when you "double" haunt a building that a Ghost has previously haunted, rather than an another friend.

Therefore, I believe it is not a good practice to double haunt
  • fizzbin71825
    234 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've done it a few times by accident as well. I've changed my approach slightly now - I haunt my 3 buildings first, then go after ghosts. I've found that my double-haunts were when I was trying to tap a ghost.
  • jackbsmummy
    153 posts
    edited October 2013
    Also, I think u only get 2 goo if u tap an already haunted house instead of tapping a unhaunted house and getting 1 goo, money and XP
  • seanharry
    143 posts
    edited October 2013
    Some buildings have a message, haunted by ghosts
    And some say haunted by seanharry or whoever.
    You can tell the difference before u tap it.

Some towns with low activity have houses that are haunted but you can't really haunt for some reason.

In those towns I will try to just get my 6 ghosts and drop a gremlin or two .

What ends up happening is that I accidently hit 1 or 2 houses when getting ghosts.
    Then I come back later to get the double haunt.
    That might be why we are seeing only 2 haunted.
    I have seen my friends doing this.

I assume the best bet is to go for the 2 ghost on everything.
    Haunted houses
    Gremlins
    And the 5th ghost
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    bee88161 wrote:

I could be entirely wrong but what I think is happening is that sometimes it benefits and sometimes it doesn't. I have gotten the double hauntings in my town and therefore gotten the goo..but other times somebody double haunting one of my buildings has actually taken away the haunting completely and leaving me with nothing basically an untouched building ( I gather this much because I know somebody wouldn't leave after only tapping 1 or 2 buildings)

So I believe it is hit and miss, you don't know if you're going to give someone a haunting or take away the already existing haunting by tapping on a haunted building. Like I said I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from my experiences because I've accidentally made a friends building unhaunted by tapping on in.

I'm 99% sure that was confusing and made no sense haha I'm sorry in advance!

I think this is somewhat right. I just tried in my other town also and saw one baiting disappear then another was haunted twice by me so I ended up with 2 goo's for it. It seems hit and miss but maybe there is some rhyme or reason to it. Just don't know what it is. I wonder if anybody has figured it out. @spAnser is there anything u can decipher in the code about it?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!