EA Forums - Banner

Goo isn't being collected if you leave neighbors?

Last time I checked (WD) I had to collect them. I think. At least I didn't take my chances.

However, I've noticed in Krustyland that if I pop my three balloons and press OK before all the tickets are counted it SEEMS like they disappear. But if I go into the build menu I have the full amount of tickets there. This was very noticeable when I had 4993 tickets on the standard in game screen but 5023 in the build menu, and I purchased a piece of land for 5000 and then ended up with -3 on one screen and +23 on the other.

Maybe it's the same for GOO? You get them but can only see them in the prize menu.

Replies

• brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    I noticed this too, but I think it's actually working, albeit, much slower than in WD. It seemed the the GOO wasn't being added, once I moved to my next friend's town, but then 3 or 4 towns later, I noticed about a 20-GOO jump in my total.

It made me slow down for a bit, but I think the math is just working very slowly in the background. Thankfully, it seems to work out in the end.

Unrelated, I noticed that I got my first doughnut from tapping a ghost. :D

What I don't yet understand is how quickly we can return to a friend's town to chase down more ghosts. I've visited certain towns 2-3 times in a 12-hour period to tapped ghosts, yet others remain at 0 since I first went there to haunt.
  • Brooklynight
    210 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I think you're right. Earlier I noticed a jump in my GOO total, which I may have wrongly attributed to Gremlins. I'll try to experiment later because it could go much faster without having to wait.

Congrats on the doughnut too. How many ghosts did you tap before getting it? I'm still looking for one.
    brewdog79 wrote:
    I noticed this too, but I think it's actually working, albeit, much slower than in WD. It seemed the the GOO wasn't being added, once I moved to my next friend's town, but then 3 or 4 towns later, I noticed about a 20-GOO jump in my total.

It made me slow down for a bit, but I think the math is just working very slowly in the background. Thankfully, it seems to work out in the end.

Unrelated, I noticed that I got my first doughnut from tapping a ghost. :D

What I don't yet understand is how quickly we can return to a friend's town to chase down more ghosts. I've visited certain towns 2-3 times in a 12-hour period to tapped ghosts, yet others remain at 0 since I first went there to haunt.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    Congrats on the doughnut too. How many ghosts did you tap before getting it? I'm still looking for one.

Lemme think... I know I've run through everyone's town once, and a few friends' twice, so let's say 120 towns visited, averaging 6 ghosts/town, so 1 doughnut (that I've noticed) after tapping roughly 700 friends' ghosts. Not sure how many ghosts I've tapped in my own town, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any doughnuts in there.

I'll roughly say that I saw my first doughnut after tapping 750 ghosts.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    I was playing around with this exact thing. I would leave before the goo was collected and go into another Freinds town and it wasn't there but when I went into my own town it's totaled up. You do get the goo, it may take a few towns to sync up or going back to your own town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    Just got my second doughnut, and it came from clearing a haunted house in my own town. :D
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    And because of it not collecting it just took me nearly 2hrs to get throw all my neighbours. :-(
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    In previous updates like Whacking Day, when you clicked on neighbors snakes, you could leave before it was collected and it still went into your total snakes. In this update, I noticed that if you don't wait for your neighbors goo to be collected before you leave, it doesn't add to the total later. So two questions for you guys:

1) Is anyone else noticing this?
    2) Did you always have to wait before leaving (for things like money, snakes and treats) or did I just imagine that?

I wouldn't want you to waste your time tapping and not collecting so I thought I'd bring this up.

I noticed this last night, after two days of just leaving!! I finally noticed that the goo amount was not going up. I was a tad irritated but at least it was only two days into the event.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    smith3198 wrote:
    I was playing around with this exact thing. I would leave before the goo was collected and go into another Freinds town and it wasn't there but when I went into my own town it's totaled up. You do get the goo, it may take a few towns to sync up or going back to your own town.

It was working for me before, I noticed the same thing but when I went back into my own town the goo that I left in those other towns like one or two barrels was there. I did a few times because I was curious about the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.