EA Forums - Banner

There may be hope after all (Community Prizes)

Prev134
Your thoughts on this?

Replies

  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't see EA doing all that work and not making it so it can be completed in the time frame.

    What would be interesting is if everyone stopes collecting ghosts just for the day to see if the counter stops as well.
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited October 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    I don't see EA doing all that work and not making it so it can be completed in the time frame.

    What would be interesting is if everyone stopes collecting ghosts just for the day to see if the counter stops as well.

    Yes, I agree with you 100%! Why would EA spend all that time in designing the items and not make it realistic to achieve. Also I have my theories about the "fake" meter. It seems to be going up at the same constant speed.
  • Cyberlord604
    22 posts
    edited October 2013
    we're currently on 1,264,400,000 goo... where's our first prize???
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    we're currently on 1,264,400,000 goo... where's our first prize???

    We don't get the first prize until we hit 5 billion.
  • Cyberlord604
    22 posts
    edited October 2013
    come on ea... we're definetly gonna hit 5 bn, so why do they wait... but thanks for the info
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited October 2013
    we're currently on 1,264,400,000 goo... where's our first prize???

    We need 5 billion for it. We can do this! We survived whacking day so we can do this. It may take the majority of the event but we will get all the prizes :D
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited October 2013
    come on ea... we're definetly gonna hit 5 bn, so why do they wait... but thanks for the info

    My pleasure really, reading all the threads the majority of people don't think we can do it! Hopefully after they read this they believe we can do it.
  • katefreema142
    4 posts
    edited October 2013
    At the current rate of about 5000 goo per second I don't think we'll do it as we'd need almost 55 days and we have 34 full days left. However,if the rate were to go up we might. We are all collecting faster and in theory this will continue as more friends are added and visited so then I guess it comes down to whether it's a real or fake rate we are seeing!? Mathematically I dont think its possible but my maths might be screwed so feel free to check.
  • Zephkiel
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's up a bit higher now; closer to 5300. I suspect that a lot of the casual players haven't yet cottoned on with the event (I'd consider them closer to weekend/once-a-week players), and there'll be a surge come the weekend and when word starts to spread.

    What I find suspicious, though, is that almost every internet activity (forums, MMOs, etc.) have a distinct on-peak/off-peak flow of traffic, and this counter is consistently increasing. Off-peak tends to be around 3-7pm my time, but the counter still goes exactly as strong during those hours.

    Curious.
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited October 2013
    Zephkiel wrote:
    It's up a bit higher now; closer to 5300. I suspect that a lot of the casual players haven't yet cottoned on with the event (I'd consider them closer to weekend/once-a-week players), and there'll be a surge come the weekend and when word starts to spread.

    What I find suspicious, though, is that almost every internet activity (forums, MMOs, etc.) have a distinct on-peak/off-peak flow of traffic, and this counter is consistently increasing. Off-peak tends to be around 3-7pm my time, but the counter still goes exactly as strong during those hours.

    Curious.

    That is the question... Is the meter actually real? Very suspicious indeed!
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the first prize is just a skin for the Lard Lad donut shop? Cause if it is, thats a bit of a slap in the face to people that dont have it.
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the first prize is just a skin for the Lard Lad donut shop? Cause if it is, thats a bit of a slap in the face to people that dont have it.

    We don't know yet. We were speculating about that yesterday. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all get a free LL's. :)
  • Zephkiel
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the first prize is just a skin for the Lard Lad donut shop? Cause if it is, thats a bit of a slap in the face to people that dont have it.

    According to datamines it's a new building.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dill1785 wrote:
    haven't yet cottoned on with the event (I'd consider them closer to weekend/once-a-week players), and there'll be a surge come the weekend and when word starts to spread.

    What I find suspicious, though, is that almost every internet activity (forums, MMOs, etc.) have a distinct on-peak/off-peak flow of traffic, and this counter is consistently increasing. Off-peak tends to be around 3-7pm my time, but the counter still goes exactly as strong during those hours.

    Curious.


    What you are not taking in to account is the game is played globally, so on-peak hours happen constantly because it's always 3-7pm somewhere.
    dill1785 wrote:
    That is the question... Is the meter actually real? Very suspicious indeed!

    I actually think it's either not real or not really accurate. If you log in with to different accounts and view the meter at the same time, the meter is off by about 50,000.

  • Zephkiel
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    What you are not taking in to account is the game is played globally, so on-peak hours happen constantly because it's always 3-7pm somewhere.

    You misunderstand my point. Consider the image below. Basically what it's saying is that a huge population of the world is around China/India, etc. If the population playing Tapped Out was spread amongst the population equally, then a greater concentration of players would be in China/India, therefore during China/India's peak hours, global game activity would be significantly higher than their offpeak hours.

    The 3-7pm my time reference means that when it hits about 3pm over here (Australia), internet traffic as a whole seems to slow down (video game forums, MMOs like WoW, etc.). This is because the majority concentration of players/users are based in America (I assume), and therefore 'global' peak times tend to align more with American on-peak/off-peak times as opposed to Australian on-peak/off-peak (in my experience). Note that I say America and not China/India or Europe as the sites/games I use usually have alternative sites/servers for European or Asian users, therefore my experiences mostly align with American-dominated games/sites. The location of the majority, whether it's Europe, China, Asia, America, Russia, wherever is irrelevant. The peak users on Tapped Out will still align with one of those timezones.

    Despite it being a global game, the players of the game aren't dispersed equally across the world. Wherever the higher population of players is would represent the game's on-peak/off-peak hours, however Tapped Out doesn't seem to reflect that.

    Either EA amazingly found a way to disperse its users equally across the world, or the goo should not be steadily increasing across a 24-hour period.

    world-po-LAT-e-LONG_2.png
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Zephkiel wrote:
    What you are not taking in to account is the game is played globally, so on-peak hours happen constantly because it's always 3-7pm somewhere.

    You misunderstand my point....

    You're right on me missing your point (my bad) and the server thing as well (as I see it). You make some good points.
  • Zephkiel
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    Zephkiel wrote:
    What you are not taking in to account is the game is played globally, so on-peak hours happen constantly because it's always 3-7pm somewhere.

    You misunderstand my point....

    You're right on me missing your point (my bad) and the server thing as well (as I see it). You make some good points.

    Mind you, it's all conjecture unless somebody actually sits down and records the GOO increase over a (or several) 24 hour period(s). My observations are purely anecdotal.
  • gianmaicol
    20 posts
    edited October 2013
    we need 5 billion for the first price?!?!?!?!

    and for the last one?? 25Billions?!?! :S
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dill1785 wrote:
    Zephkiel wrote:
    It's up a bit higher now; closer to 5300. I suspect that a lot of the casual players haven't yet cottoned on with the event (I'd consider them closer to weekend/once-a-week players), and there'll be a surge come the weekend and when word starts to spread.

    What I find suspicious, though, is that almost every internet activity (forums, MMOs, etc.) have a distinct on-peak/off-peak flow of traffic, and this counter is consistently increasing. Off-peak tends to be around 3-7pm my time, but the counter still goes exactly as strong during those hours.

    Curious.

    That is the question... Is the meter actually real? Very suspicious indeed!
    When it's 3pm to 7pm "off-peak" your time, then it's still peak time somewhere else. That's the beauty of international gaming. It never sleeps.
  • donkshow
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    If it goes 5-10-15-20-25 Billion, we will not reach the final prize. It'll take 50+ days even if we pick up the pace.

    However, it looks like the counter is fixed increments, and those increments look to be increasing hourly (started at about 3000 GOO per second, now it's up over 5000 GOO per second since the start of the event). So if those fixed increments continue to rise, than maybe EA has just set it so we reach 25 Billion and the final prize, on the final day.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!