EA Forums - Banner

Thanks EA for a truly great update

Much better than whacking day! Agree completely with all points. Great topic!

Replies

• stevieort
    615 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Add me to the list of grateful players. Well done, EA!
  • mccorthomas
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    I must agree, this Halloween update is amazing. Since this is the first time that an update has occurred for a second time, it's now kind of been established that events on Tapped Out are cyclical; I wonder how, if Whacking Day returns, it could possibly surpass this?
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited October 2013
    another improvement over whacking day - i just read on another post that once you get all the personal items, for every 2000 goo, you get a bonus box with either 1,2 or 3 donuts. Awesome.

Whacking day had a similar thing - but it was cash OR donuts. And while there were SOME people who got donuts, i think i unlocked 3 of those boxes and got a total of less than 2,000 cash. Needless to say, that felt like added insult to injury after the "donuts in snake eggs" fiasco.

BUUUUUT... less we digress from the theme of this board. This improvement is AWESOME and surpassed only by their generous Christmas gift to the players last year of the reindeer or donuts for extra santa tokens (which I hope they give us this gift again this year too... maybe minus the reindeer, because I think I got like 60 donuts from that which was a very Merry Christmas gift).
  • BillionDuck
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Pretty good, and they seem to be fixing the bugs rather quickly. Other than the connection issues, characters are wandering through the grass again. Also, I don't like that we need to pop all the goo to collect when in a friends town.
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited October 2013
    +1 This update has definitely refueled my love for the game! :D
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    i would add #8 to your list regarding the fact we can actually increase out GOO count so much more than we could in WD even if our friends do not visit as regularly as they should/could. the fact we can get a guaranteed 8 (possibly 10-11) ghosts with each friend and then drop off gremlins to collect more, makes it so much easier if we have friends who do not drop eggs, I mean, gremlins
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited October 2013

I agree this event is great. EA did a good job correcting all the issues with Whacking Day. In particular, play encourages sharing with all of one's friends and not just a single buddy (Although my buddy was great). I also enjoy the more relaxed goals. WD was such a marathon.
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited October 2013
    i would add #8 to your list regarding the fact we can actually increase out GOO count so much more than we could in WD even if our friends do not visit as regularly as they should/could. the fact we can get a guaranteed 8 (possibly 10-11) ghosts with each friend and then drop off gremlins to collect more, makes it so much easier if we have friends who do not drop eggs, I mean, gremlins

i agree. trolling for a friend to "swap eggs" with was a pain but the only way you could increase your egg count. then you had people who'd agree to swap and stiff you.

have i mentioned i love this update
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited October 2013
    The most innovative and fun Holiday event so far. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is good to see the devs took the community's concerns towards W.D. and implemented new tactics towards making the game much more social. I actually count the hours till I can revisit my fiends list.

Adding a new strip of land was an unexpected bonus. :thumbup:
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited October 2013
    Have to agree. This update is great fun, visiting neighbours is fun again, the prizes are great, and they've stuffed it with many neat little touches. Thanks EA!
  • ljashton
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree...Best one yet :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's amazing. You can tell with this update that they have listen to everything we have asked for. And the ghost vaccume is the best idea every! Well done EA :mrgreen:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    Best part is we get VARIOUS different ways of getting Donuts!! So far over 10 free donuts in the update since it started 10 more for Sunday quiz and 6 from Mr Burns and various more random Haunting or Ghost donuts. Don't forget the extra donuts every 2000 Goo at the end and we have our regular Gift box (but that is near impossible to gain because some are at 1 million xp. This update was been the only update to offer so many free donuts :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • NLmassmurder
    14 posts
    edited October 2013
    Simpsons_Clapping.gif
    bravo awesome update
  • NLmassmurder
    14 posts
    edited October 2013
    72500-minions-cheering-gif-Imgur-CQso.gif
  • BillionDuck
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    (I did like the squishing zombies a bit more... but I understand they didn't want to repeat that.)

Still, a great update overall. Fun fun.
  • simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Agreed, great update...i haven't been spending much time in the forums here because it's been keeping me so busy. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.