EA Forums - Banner

haunt squidport...STOP the "unhaunters"

Prev13
Loads of people that arent on the forums are unaware. I just learned about this yesterday. Apologies to anyone whose towns Ive unhaunted :cry: Just keep spreading the word and pay attention to what youre haunting!

Replies

• edited October 2013
    I have accidentally double haunted a house trying to either tap a ghost or tapping an un-haunted house next to it. I feel bad when it happens so I leave an extra 2-3 gremlins for them to tap.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Good advice on the Squidport, I've been doing that a little. At the very least, I try to scroll well away from the centralized starting location before I haunt buildings. But I do also play building favorites. I like tapping the buildings that have special animations/ghosts (Power Plant, Burns Mansion, Prison, Bad Dream House) when haunted, as long as they're not already taken.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have accidentally double haunted a house trying to either tap a ghost or tapping an un-haunted house next to it. I feel bad when it happens so I leave an extra 2-3 gremlins for them to tap.

+1 The smaller towns don't have as many buildings and/or they are all close together. That's what I do if I mess up and accidentally tap a building. :thumbup: At least that way, no one has lost anything. They actually get a little extra.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013

Yeah, it's easy to mistap a building when you're going for a ghost. To alleviate this issue, I get my haunts out of the way first, then I go after the ghosts.
  • Cyanocitta21
    173 posts
    edited October 2013
    Worst thing is when you try to pop a single ghost and accidentally unhaunt a home. I now haunt the first 3 buildings I see just to not accidentally unhaunt one..then go find my individual 5 ghosts.

I try to drop an extra gremlin when I unhaunt a building, hoping it gets the player a few goo back.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited October 2013
    I know I hate to find one or two gremlins from one friend and no haunted house because you can pretty much deduct that someone came and tapped your haunted houses... And left you with nothing...
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited October 2013
    Worst thing is when you try to pop a single ghost and accidentally unhaunt a home. I now haunt the first 3 buildings I see just to not accidentally unhaunt one..then go find my individual 5 ghosts.

I try to drop an extra gremlin when I unhaunt a building, hoping it gets the player a few goo back.

I hate entering a town in a heavily haunted area, I'm always afraid to touch my screen so I usually start by giving a gremlin because the screen will move by itself (not always possible if the town already has 10 gremlins). :?
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited October 2013
    I know I hate to find one or two gremlins from one friend and no haunted house because you can pretty much deduct that someone came and tapped your haunted houses... And left you with nothing...

I disagree. When I have extra gremlins, I sometimes go into towns of friends that have been particularly generous and drop off a few extra.
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited October 2013
    Yeah... This needs to be known, I just found this info out myself the other day.
    Very sorry to anyone who I "unhaunted" and if I do accidentally hit an already haunted building then I make sure to leave extra gremlins for my oops.
  • czechgirl3
    29 posts
    edited October 2013
    I cant unhaunt one of my own buildings. my el chemestri wont let me click to un haunt it and collect my goo!
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    Wth?? I've been unhaunting buildings all over the place, I had no idea!
    Sorry friends :(
  • AmauryL284
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    baylensmom wrote:

It's part of the game. Don't be sorry. I un-haunt every house I can. Sorry folks, part of the game, I KNOW it's done to me and everyone here has done it (don't play high&mighty). Seriously tho...we're all gonna make the 10K mark way before the deadline anyways. Why such a big deal???
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited October 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:

I disagree. When I have extra gremlins, I sometimes go into towns of friends that have been particularly generous and drop off a few extra.

Not when before you have the popping message telling friend X came in your town and the gremlins are from friend Y... And there is nothing from friend X...
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    AmauryL284 wrote:
    baylensmom wrote:

It's part of the game. Don't be sorry. I un-haunt every house I can. Sorry folks, part of the game, I KNOW it's done to me and everyone here has done it (don't play high&mighty). Seriously tho...we're all gonna make the 10K mark way before the deadline anyways. Why such a big deal???

Truth :wink:
  • martiansupia
    385 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    czechgirl3 wrote:
    I cant unhaunt one of my own buildings. my el chemestri wont let me click to un haunt it and collect my goo!
    I was in the same situation with one of my buildings --at one point I logged out then back in and I could collect the goo-

Sometimes I can't leave gremlins because they maxed out at 10 and haven't collected them.

Often, I distribute my gremlins to my friends that look to be struggling goo total-wise.
  • absolutdog590
    51 posts
    edited October 2013
    AmauryL284 wrote:
    baylensmom wrote:

Why such a big deal???

but also takes chances for donuts (both from unhaunting & after 10K every 2K gets you a chance for 3 more)

plus it takes from community total (though I am skeptical that the counter is rigged anyways)

though at the end of the day it is only a game, play it how you like....karma will get you eventually :twisted:
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    Good advice on the Squidport, I've been doing that a little. At the very least, I try to scroll well away from the centralized starting location before I haunt buildings. But I do also play building favorites. I like tapping the buildings that have special animations/ghosts (Power Plant, Burns Mansion, Prison, Bad Dream House) when haunted, as long as they're not already taken.

I always go straight to the Bad Dream House because of its colorful lights but if its already haunted, I go to the rest with special animations.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:

Yeah, it's easy to mistap a building when you're going for a ghost. To alleviate this issue, I get my haunts out of the way first, then I go after the ghosts.

I've been doing the same thing after un-haunting accidentally. Gremlins I leave for last.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:

I drop off extra gremlins all the time! I can only haunt every 24 hours, after all, but I get gremlins steadily throughout the day. I hope no one thinks I'm unhaunting, I do try and make the effort to haunt stuff that's kind of out of the way.
  • darkforce1985
    31 posts
    edited October 2013
    i dropped 1-2 gremlins every town i visited

somehow, yeah...that sux...for those unhaunting ur house and steal ur goos
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!