EA Forums - Banner

Paranormal beliefs

Prev13
bee88161
2976 posts Member
I had a waking dream once, complete with sleep paralysis. No aliens, unfortunately, but I did see a ghost hand coming through the window.

Replies

• am4692
    2253 posts
    edited October 2013
    I believe that you see what you believe you see. Not to say ghost and spirits aren't real, more that the stronger you believe the more likely you are to see them.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't believe in the paranormal or any sort of life after death; however I had one questionable experience, I had a dream that my mother's ex-boyfriend had died, I asked her to try to reach him after I woke up & he was in fact dead. So, I want to believe that dream meant something otherworldly but at the time I also knew he had a heart condition & there was always a chance he could've gotten sick. I've since had a dream about an uncle being dead but this is ten years later & that hasn't come true...
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2013
    I do... actually I think things like spirits (ghosts or Angeles/demons) exist
    Extraterrestrials... didn't we find bacteria cells in meteor already?
    Everything started from bacterias... plus there's so many planets in space I DON'T BELIEVE we are the ony one... I don't think all the UFO sites are real, military (hidden) technology is well more advanc then we think...
    IMO
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited October 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    Everything started from bacterias... plus there's so many planets in space I DON'T BELIEVE we are the ony one... I don't think all the UFO sites are real, military (hidden) technology is well more advanc then we think...
    IMO

Mathematically if you don't believe that life exists on other planets then your very close minded. The proof is there. Also we're here
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm a complete wet fart when it comes to paranormal stuff. I can handle gore and monsters things like that. But ghost and poltergeist scary the hells bells outta me lol. I guess I'm more scared of the unknown more than anything. :lol:
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    IMO

Mathematically if you don't believe that life exists on other planets then your very close minded. The proof is there. Also we're here

I completely agree with you am4692 :thumbup:
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I do, several close friends claim to have experienced paranormal activity, me being there at one time. Each room (about 4 rooms with 2/3 in each one), me and my brother were the only room not to experience anything. They ranged from unexplainable punching of the stomach/chair, to seeing a girl bouncing a ball, to childish laughing down the corridor. I do and I don't want to experience something paranormal, do because I'm pretty sure they're real and I want to know for certain, but it would scare the living daylights out of me :lol:

And ofc there are other planets with life, they just aren't in our discoverable reach, yet..
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have been face to face with a few,
    600px-boomp8official.png

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It's as simple as this. Ghosts have to exsist purely because the human body is a mass of energy. You can't distroy energy, it's impossible. So therefore where does your energy go when you die?
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    It's as simple as this. Ghosts have to exsist purely because the human body is a mass of energy. You can't distroy energy, it's impossible. So therefore where does your energy go when you die?
    Energy isn't the same as a person's personality/consciousness floating around haunting a house or a building, if your brain is dead then the whole of your identity is gone, your corpse still has the potential to be food/a source of energy for other living things but that's where it ends.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Energy isn't the same as a person's personality/consciousness floating around haunting a house or a building, if your brain is dead then the whole of your identity is gone, your corpse still has the potential to be food/a source of energy for other living things but that's where it ends.

I understand that, but iam talking about the energy your body has when it's alive, basically your soul and that can't be distroyed, no psyical energy can, just the shell, which is your body. What happens to the force of a car when it has an accident? Car comes to a stop once the energy is dispersed. It cannot disappear. In formula one they have these boost system known as kers (kinetic recovery system) this little box stores the energy from the force of acceleration and breaking and stores it in a box for the driver to use as a 80hp gain for 6seconds at a push of a button. See energy can dissapear out of eye sight. But it always is still there. It's impossible to distroy any forms of energy.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

But with no place for memories to go, they must jump into the nearest place to store. Which is energy. There for, Ghosts take the memories and use them to shape their personality and appearance. As well as keep the old memories.
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited October 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    IMO

I do have to agree, we can't be the only ones out there.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited October 2013
    imfkool wrote:
    am4692 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    IMO

I do have to agree, we can't be the only ones out there.

According to NASA, Aliens DO exist.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

I understand that, but iam talking about the energy your body has when it's alive, basically your soul and that can't be distroyed, no psyical energy can, just the shell, which is your body. What happens to the force of a car when it has an accident? Car comes to a stop once the energy is dispersed. It cannot disappear. In formula one they have these boost system known as kers (kinetic recovery system) this little box stores the energy from the force of acceleration and breaking and stores it in a box for the driver to use as a 80hp gain for 6seconds at a push of a button. See energy can dissapear out of eye sight. But it always is still there. It's impossible to distroy any forms of energy.
    I don't want to go in circles, because I'll just be repeating the same thing so I'll just say this & end my bit, the soul has not been proven to exist, if souls were a proven reality then I'd probably agree with you. Energy doesn't have the capacity to take on your memories, if that were the case why bother with bodies? We'd have evolved into a form of life that has no need for a physical state but that's not the case with us, if our brains/body don't function then it's all over.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    I had a waking dream once, complete with sleep paralysis. No aliens, unfortunately, but I did see a ghost hand coming through the window.

Is that where you leave your body. I'm not really a believer, but once I woke up in the middle of the night and walked into my kitchen. I couldn't get my hand to work the light switch, and then I realized I was still in bed. I got scared and tried to scream and woke up in bed. I calmed myself down and went back to sleep and it happened a second time. It still could have been a dream, but that was about 20 years ago and I've never had it happen again.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

I don't want to go in circles, because I'll just be repeating the same thing so I'll just say this & end my bit, the soul has not been proven to exist, if souls were a proven reality then I'd probably agree with you. Energy doesn't have the capacity to take on your memories, if that were the case why bother with bodies? We'd have evolved into a form of life that has no need for a physical state but that's not the case with us, if our brains/body don't function then it's all over.

Yes I understand, but science hasn't been proven to exsist, we just take there word for it. It's been scientifically tested, so you should buy that product over the rest, even though its twice as much, it has been scientifically tested. By who? Mickey Mouse? You wernt in the lab, niether was I so we better take there word for it. Of course there going to say the soul doesn't exsist. It would go against everything there trying to manipulate the public with. Better go to the doctor when I get sick so he can pump me full of drugs my body will become addict to over mass usage or cause terminal issues later in life so I can live to 80, instead of knowing the true secrets and living for alot longer. Do some research bro and see that you can exsist outside your own body,Egyptians and ancient Japanese have done it for hundreds of years. Not many people know the true secrets this planet really possesses.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Is that where you leave your body. I'm not really a believer, but once I woke up in the middle of the night and walked into my kitchen. I couldn't get my hand to work the light switch, and then I realized I was still in bed. I got scared and tried to scream and woke up in bed. I calmed myself down and went back to sleep and it happened a second time. It still could have been a dream, but that was about 20 years ago and I've never had it happen again.

Not really, it's where your eyes open while you're still dreaming, and you're still 'paralysed' (what your body does to you to stop you from acting out your dreams). It's pretty scary. Scientists believe that's where stories of alien abductions come from, and before that, demon possession. Basically, just your body tripping itself out.
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Not really, it's where your eyes open while you're still dreaming, and you're still 'paralysed' (what your body does to you to stop you from acting out your dreams). It's pretty scary. Scientists believe that's where stories of alien abductions come from, and before that, demon possession. Basically, just your body tripping itself out.

Sleep paralysis?
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

YOu are talking more about out of body experiences. This kind of stuff does happen. It's not the same as dreaming/sleeping. YOu get out of your body and walk/fly around and return to your body later. Your body is not dead nor will it stop functioning. It is something that cannot be proven to be real except by personal experience.

There is also the near death experience which can have a similar effect or an out of body experience due to temporarily being dead.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!