EA Forums - Banner

Paranormal beliefs

Replies

  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    It's as simple as this. Ghosts have to exsist purely because the human body is a mass of energy. You can't distroy energy, it's impossible. So therefore where does your energy go when you die?
    Energy isn't the same as a person's personality/consciousness floating around haunting a house or a building, if your brain is dead then the whole of your identity is gone, your corpse still has the potential to be food/a source of energy for other living things but that's where it ends.

    I understand that, but iam talking about the energy your body has when it's alive, basically your soul and that can't be distroyed, no psyical energy can, just the shell, which is your body. What happens to the force of a car when it has an accident? Car comes to a stop once the energy is dispersed. It cannot disappear. In formula one they have these boost system known as kers (kinetic recovery system) this little box stores the energy from the force of acceleration and breaking and stores it in a box for the driver to use as a 80hp gain for 6seconds at a push of a button. See energy can dissapear out of eye sight. But it always is still there. It's impossible to distroy any forms of energy.
    I don't want to go in circles, because I'll just be repeating the same thing so I'll just say this & end my bit, the soul has not been proven to exist, if souls were a proven reality then I'd probably agree with you. Energy doesn't have the capacity to take on your memories, if that were the case why bother with bodies? We'd have evolved into a form of life that has no need for a physical state but that's not the case with us, if our brains/body don't function then it's all over.


    Science hasn't proved or disproved everything and science changes all the time. Somethings you just have to have believe on your own.
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited October 2013
    bee88161 wrote:
    So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be fun to get into the spirit and share our views on the paranormal. Ghosts, unseen entities, demons, extraterrestrial life, cryptids..anything at all.

    So are you a believer, non believer or a skeptic? Anyone have any personal experiences they would like to share?

    All views and opinions welcome but please no disparaging remarks, let's keep it friendly :D
    Ugh. You've opened a can of very bad worms. Also, science can't explain something that doesn't make sense
  • BreakingBecca
    15 posts
    edited October 2013
    thatguywbp wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:
    So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be fun to get into the spirit and share our views on the paranormal. Ghosts, unseen entities, demons, extraterrestrial life, cryptids..anything at all.

    So are you a believer, non believer or a skeptic? Anyone have any personal experiences they would like to share?

    All views and opinions welcome but please no disparaging remarks, let's keep it friendly :D
    Ugh. You've opened a can of very bad worms. Also, science can't explain something that doesn't make sense
    That comment was about as useful as b00bs on a guy :P
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited October 2013
    thatguywbp wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:
    So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be fun to get into the spirit and share our views on the paranormal. Ghosts, unseen entities, demons, extraterrestrial life, cryptids..anything at all.

    So are you a believer, non believer or a skeptic? Anyone have any personal experiences they would like to share?

    All views and opinions welcome but please no disparaging remarks, let's keep it friendly :D
    Ugh. You've opened a can of very bad worms. Also, science can't explain something that doesn't make sense
    That comment was about as useful as b00bs on a guy :P
    see thats exactly what I mean. you say one thing that goes against peoples beliefs in immortality and imaginary friends and they start taking it personally. go figure

    ps- believe me if I had * I would find new and exciting ways of using them all the time
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    I had a waking dream once, complete with sleep paralysis. No aliens, unfortunately, but I did see a ghost hand coming through the window.

    Is that where you leave your body. I'm not really a believer, but once I woke up in the middle of the night and walked into my kitchen. I couldn't get my hand to work the light switch, and then I realized I was still in bed. I got scared and tried to scream and woke up in bed. I calmed myself down and went back to sleep and it happened a second time. It still could have been a dream, but that was about 20 years ago and I've never had it happen again.

    Not really, it's where your eyes open while you're still dreaming, and you're still 'paralysed' (what your body does to you to stop you from acting out your dreams). It's pretty scary. Scientists believe that's where stories of alien abductions come from, and before that, demon possession. Basically, just your body tripping itself out.

    Sleep paralysis?

    Yeah. Wikipedia it if you want to read about it.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    thatguywbp wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:
    So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be fun to get into the spirit and share our views on the paranormal. Ghosts, unseen entities, demons, extraterrestrial life, cryptids..anything at all.

    So are you a believer, non believer or a skeptic? Anyone have any personal experiences they would like to share?

    All views and opinions welcome but please no disparaging remarks, let's keep it friendly :D
    Ugh. You've opened a can of very bad worms. Also, science can't explain something that doesn't make sense

    It wasn't my intention. I was just looking for a yes I believe, this is why or no I don't believe, this is why. Hence the last line of my original post.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    imfkool wrote:
    am4692 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    I do... actually I think things like spirits (ghosts or Angeles/demons) exist
    Extraterrestrials... didn't we find bacteria cells in meteor already?
    Everything started from bacterias... plus there's so many planets in space I DON'T BELIEVE we are the ony one... I don't think all the UFO sites are real, military (hidden) technology is well more advanc then we think...
    IMO

    Mathematically if you don't believe that life exists on other planets then your very close minded. The proof is there. Also we're here

    I do have to agree, we can't be the only ones out there.

    According to NASA, Aliens DO exist.

    That is true and NASA also admitted to spraying chemtrails.
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    It's as simple as this. Ghosts have to exsist purely because the human body is a mass of energy. You can't distroy energy, it's impossible. So therefore where does your energy go when you die?
    Energy isn't the same as a person's personality/consciousness floating around haunting a house or a building, if your brain is dead then the whole of your identity is gone, your corpse still has the potential to be food/a source of energy for other living things but that's where it ends.

    I understand that, but iam talking about the energy your body has when it's alive, basically your soul and that can't be distroyed, no psyical energy can, just the shell, which is your body. What happens to the force of a car when it has an accident? Car comes to a stop once the energy is dispersed. It cannot disappear. In formula one they have these boost system known as kers (kinetic recovery system) this little box stores the energy from the force of acceleration and breaking and stores it in a box for the driver to use as a 80hp gain for 6seconds at a push of a button. See energy can dissapear out of eye sight. But it always is still there. It's impossible to distroy any forms of energy.
    I don't want to go in circles, because I'll just be repeating the same thing so I'll just say this & end my bit, the soul has not been proven to exist, if souls were a proven reality then I'd probably agree with you. Energy doesn't have the capacity to take on your memories, if that were the case why bother with bodies? We'd have evolved into a form of life that has no need for a physical state but that's not the case with us, if our brains/body don't function then it's all over.


    Science hasn't proved or disproved everything and science changes all the time. Somethings you just have to have believe on your own.
    My point being that since the soul isn't a proven verifiable fact & there isn't any evidence to support that souls exist then, aside from personal belief which isn't proof of anything, to use them as an argument makes for a flimsy argument; it's like saying the Easter bunny lays eggs therefore all bunnies lay eggs.
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Why do people trust science for everything :roll:

    @Mwdalton, it's not negative, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick, I was asking 'so you were sleep paralysed' I didn't make it clear though :oops:
  • ApeMilkBuddha
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Why do people trust science for everything :roll:
    I haven't mentioned science once, all I'm saying is you can't prove one unsubstantiated concept by using another unsubstantiated concept, I'd like to believe in ghosts & goblins, just give me something to work with. :roll: :roll:
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2013
    bee88161 wrote:
    So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be fun to get into the spirit and share our views on the paranormal. Ghosts, unseen entities, demons, extraterrestrial life, cryptids..anything at all.

    So are you a believer, non believer or a skeptic? Anyone have any personal experiences they would like to share?

    All views and opinions welcome but please no disparaging remarks, let's keep it friendly :D

    You should change it in to a poll

    1) you believe
    2) you don't believe
    3)I'm not a human
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    IT ALL EXISTS.
    Science is mostly lies.
    Most history are lies.
    Government is the biggest lie.

    Once you wake up to that you will believe. Remember there is a WAR on for your MIND.

    You guys got to realize once a lie has been passed from someone of position of power, the lie becomes a fact. So wake up and have a Open Mind.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Why do people trust science for everything :roll:

    @Mwdalton, it's not negative, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick, I was asking 'so you were sleep paralysed' I didn't make it clear though :oops:

    lol, yeah, I was, it was freaky deaky :lol:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Why do people trust science for everything :roll:

    @Mwdalton, it's not negative, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick, I was asking 'so you were sleep paralysed' I didn't make it clear though :oops:

    Science is just is ****. They brainwash people into buying products that have been "tested", we don't see the results, so we have to take there word for it. We have to Beleive the same people who pump you full of chemicals with the so called "immunisation" that gets you sick before protecting you. It either makes your body addicted now, depending in condition and makes you fork out cash for the rest of you life or cause terminal issues later in life. Which will cost more money anyway. Science only works for money.
  • pignagain
    32 posts
    edited October 2013
    Good question. Don't personally believe. I guess I just don't know what science means. I always thought it had to do with knowledge and understanding but I guess it has to do with marketing and anti soul stuff.
  • thatguywbp
    90 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ugh, this thread. I'm gonna check in every so often to express my disappointment
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    IT ALL EXISTS.
    Science is mostly lies.
    Most history are lies.
    Government is the biggest lie.

    Once you wake up to that you will believe. Remember there is a WAR on for your MIND.

    You guys got to realize once a lie has been passed from someone of position of power, the lie becomes a fact. So wake up and have a Open Mind.

    LISTEN TO THIS MAN, he knows the truth.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    Science has never done anything good for me. It killed my grandparents with cancer. Made my dog die of old age. I have to eat everyday if I want to live because of science.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    IT ALL EXISTS.
    Science is mostly lies.
    Most history are lies.
    Government is the biggest lie.

    Once you wake up to that you will believe. Remember there is a WAR on for your MIND.

    You guys got to realize once a lie has been passed from someone of position of power, the lie becomes a fact. So wake up and have a Open Mind.

    LISTEN TO THIS MAN, he knows the truth.

    Most people can't handle the truth, they would rather live in a lie.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited October 2013


    @Bee I want to believe. I find the folklore of hauntings fascinating, and I've visited many places that were supposedly haunted. I am the type that would need to see the proof for myself, and so far I haven't seen anything. It's always a fun adventure trying to though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!