EA Forums - Banner

Do you double haunt? [POLL]

Replies

  • RynoJordan23
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have accidentally. D'OH!!!
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    I only found out yesterday. I honestly don't care if you unhaunt my houses, I'm not going to have any problems getting to my goo goal in the time alotted. I see quite a few of my neighbors are against it, so I won't be doing it anymore, but feel free to unhaunt in my town all you want. :D
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    Nelly1989 wrote:
    I don't know what all the Fuss is all about. This is a game and an event you put the effort in therefore you get more same goes to your neighbors. People that don't play or don't kill Gremlins within 4 hours the Gremlins disappear and you get 4 Goo for each because they didn't take the effort. It goes both ways. It's all fun.

    That being said I used to do it before i knew and still do it, there's no harm, all part of the game. Most of all of my neighbor-eenos (mostly all forum members) are done getting 10,000+ Goo and most people are almost done. No one seems too beig on it at least i think :lol: There is a almost a whole 3-4 weeks left for the event. Couple of Goos isn't hurting anyone. You guys getting too emotional over some GOO :mrgreen:


    Edit: Also I always leave Gremlins when I haunt which is all the time :twisted:

    ^ +1 neighbour! :-)

    I don't mind if you double tap me!


    Haha :mrgreen::mrgreen:

    Plus I just visited your town and your fine people from Springfield just gave me a donut :D
  • DesmondM69
    42 posts
    edited October 2013
    i have done it but only while trying to pop moving ghosts.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's the EXACT same whether you double haunt or not. And since I want the community prizes. I double haunt because it makes no difference.
    That's not true at all. You get six goo every time someone haunts three of your buildings. So when you double-haunt, you're not only taking the six they would have got, but you're also depriving them of an additional six. All so you can get an extra three to yourself. That's nine gone that could have went to the total.
  • JeremyPeake
    42 posts
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    It's the EXACT same whether you double haunt or not. And since I want the community prizes. I double haunt because it makes no difference.
    That's not true at all. You get six goo every time someone haunts three of your buildings. So when you double-haunt, you're not only taking the six they would have got, but you're also depriving them of an additional six. All so you can get an extra three to yourself. That's nine gone that could have went to the total.

    Not sure I get this math...plus six minus six = negative three? Maybe someone can break it down for me...
  • punkymcmilli
    292 posts
    edited October 2013
    My plan is to maximize my goo, my hope is others do the same. Best for all with this mentality!
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    Not sure I get this math...plus six minus six = negative three? Maybe someone can break it down for me...
    You stroll into someones town with three haunted buildings. Without your interference, they will get six goo. If you haunt three buildings, they will get twelve and you will get three. If you double-haunt their buildings, you will get six and they will get none. You're depriving them of a potential twelve while only gaining an extra three. So, in the end, only six were added to the community pot when there would have been 15 (they would have had twelve plus the three you'd get, but instead you only get six and they get none).
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    Not sure I get this math...plus six minus six = negative three? Maybe someone can break it down for me...
    You stroll into someones town with three haunted buildings. Without your interference, they will get six goo. If you haunt three buildings, they will get twelve and you will get three. If you double-haunt their buildings, you will get six and they will get none. You're depriving them of a potential twelve while only gaining an extra three. So, in the end, only six were added to the community pot when there would have been 15 (they would have had twelve plus the three you'd get, but instead you only get six and they get none).

    You do realize the community prize count is rigged, right? We have nothing to do with the count. *facepalm* :roll:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    baylensmom wrote:
    You do realize the community prize count is rigged, right? We have nothing to do with the count. *facepalm* :roll:


    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TomatoGravy
    76 posts
    edited October 2013
    dill1785 wrote:
    I love double haunting! More goo for me. Who cares about my friends!

    Wow, big surprise coming from someone like you dill who would have ever thought that you would play the game like a jerk
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    baylensmom wrote:
    You do realize the community prize count is rigged, right? We have nothing to do with the count. *facepalm*
    That's irrelevant. I was explaining, with a little math, why the guy's justification for doing so was wrong - not advocating maximizing the goo-load for the theoretical community pot. (In the end, you're doing more harm than good. If everyone were good neighbors and only haunted buildings, we'd all reach our goals quicker.)
  • punkymcmilli
    292 posts
    edited October 2013
    Lol
  • popojijo984
    279 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't double haunt, and If I think people are doing that to me they are gone. I take the time to visit all 100 of my neighbors and to go to the outsides of their towns to haunt. I also try and leave gremlins in every town that has room. If I can go that effort then my "friends" can at least not be selfish....
  • mwilsonsix
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't (unless by accident), but I also make no attempt whatsoever to count the number of buildings other people have haunted to see if some got un-haunted. I don't really even look at the names since I visit all towns regardless. Life is too short, guys.
  • spookydad716
    5 posts
    edited October 2013
    I was doing it but I was dropping a Gremlin for each one I did. If the person doesn't come back in 4 hours they don't know you have even been to their SF. So now you are not being a good friend. If they do come back and find only gremlins, then they can assume you are stealing their goo and not haunt my town. This can be a false assumption because someone else can double haunt the buildings that I did and make it look like I stole it.

    I make a note of the friends who haunt my town and those that drop Gremlins. I go to their towns first and make sure to drop any Gremlins if I can. Sometimes they are full so I can't but the intent is there.

    So for practical reasons, it makes more sense to me not to take the extra goo.

    SpookyDad
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited October 2013
    ive tried my hardest, but have done it by accident a few times now :(
  • cjryder625
    1413 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have several neighbours who don't visit so I have no qualms about double haunting them. Ones who do visit I don't and I leave them gremlins.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited October 2013
    I will get 10k today, if anyone's on my friends list PLEASE DO DOUBLE TAP
    If your not please don't send me invitation :)
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    I will get 10k today, if anyone's on my friends list PLEASE DO DOUBLE TAP
    If your not please don't send me invitation :)

    Wouldn't dream of it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!