EA Forums - Banner

-1/5 ghosts

My record is 9. :D

I'm on Android - is there a way to see the Community Total? I've read that you tap on your goo count, but I've tried that and it does nothing. Using the ? icon on my good bar total just gives me the instructions page.

Replies

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    montywash wrote:

I'm on Android - is there a way to see the Community Total? I've read that you tap on your goo count, but I've tried that and it does nothing. Using the ? icon on my good bar total just gives me the instructions page.

If you tap the loving cup it defaults to your prizes look in the lower right hand and switch from homer icon to the group
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have had as many as 7, going for the big 10 if I am lucky.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    montywash wrote:

I'm on my iPod and for me I tap on the little ghost symbol in the top right hand corner, then under that 3 little icons come up:
    first one is a ghost
    second is the little hoover to use to vacuum up ghosts
    and the third looks like some sort of bomb thing, when I tap on that I see the community stuff

idk if it'll be different for you tho
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've gotten a -1 ghost count once. Don't even know what I did to get it.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2013
    frogger53 wrote:
    I've gotten a -1 ghost count once. Don't even know what I did to get it.

Tap 4. Then on the 5th find some close together then tap them all as quickly as possible to get multiple.
    My best is 7
  • AARONRTD
    1808 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've gotten -1& -2 from ghost, also -11 from gremlin popping, and when I get back to my SP it resets to zero.p
  • Si-Shen81
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    My record was -2 but only if the moons are aligned properly; normally I just get 5 lol.

@frogger53: It is likely that there were two ghosts on top of each other, when you have 1/5 left if you click on more then 1 ghost fast enough it can give you all of them.
  • montywash
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    'm on my iPod and for me I tap on the little ghost symbol in the top right hand corner, then under that 3 little icons come up:
    first one is a ghost
    second is the little hoover to use to vacuum up ghosts
    and the third looks like some sort of bomb thing, when I tap on that I see the community stuff
    If you tap the loving cup it defaults to your prizes look in the lower right hand and switch from homer icon to the group

Both of these work! Thanks, guys!
  • montywash
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    OK, some tips I've worked out for those hoping to maximize the "extra ghosts" glitch.

For one, it works best on smaller SFs. This is because there is less space for the ghosts to roam, so the odds of getting 3-4 of them in one screen is better. Also, I think the performance in smaller SFs is better, so the taps are more responsive. In huge (beautiful) SFs, I find that the best I usually manage is to get 2 on the "last tap". Occasionally, 3, but those are rare. Even that involves a lot of patience or "following" a ghost while waiting for them to get on-screen with another at the same time.

The other tip, or rather, how I got my 9 (which is 5 ghosts on that last set of taps) is to take advantage of the multi-touch. In my case, it was 2 two-finger taps, and then one single finger tap on that last guy. Take care not to move your finger on the screen at all while tapping, or you will end up scrolling, which I find blows my odds of doing it successfully.

Finally, I wait for the "Thanks! What a neighbor-eeno!" screen to appear (and be dismissed) prior to attempting the "last tap". This is just because I wasn't doing that initially and had some pretty good opportunities blown by it appearing.

My question is this: How are you getting negative gremlins? Is that just jamming on the "deploy gremlin" button?

• punkymcmilli
    292 posts
    edited October 2013
    Best is 8
  • AARONRTD
    1808 posts Member
    edited October 2013

My question is this: How are you getting negative gremlins? Is that just jamming on the "deploy gremlin" button?

I don't know why but if my friend has room for let's say 6 gremlins and I have 0, I keep pressing the button till it's 0 and -6 is what I have. Any gremlins I get from ghost add to my total +2 + -6 = -4. Then I go on to the next friend, but if I the counter is zero I can't drop gremlins. And when I get back to my SP if I had a negative it resets to zero.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    You see the -ghost when you have yet to haunt 3 buildings
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited October 2013
    There is a glitch in the game, where goo and gremlins which are left floating when you leave your friends' towns do not show up in your totals right away. The game does count them, though, and they will show up when you return to your town.

So, if your counter shows zero, but the game will let you place gremlins in other people's towns, those are gremlins that you tapped. You aren't really getting anything extra with negative gremlins, the way you are with negative ghosts.
  • munclt11
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    yeah, what I do is when I'm at 1 I find two ghosts close together and pop them quickly. Then I get I more than I should.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.