EA Forums - Banner

Question about the past

With the eggs you could place them in people's towns and you could place as many as you wanted (although if you did absolutely loads it could cause crashes). When you whacked a snake it would either give you a snake or an egg. Placing the eggs was arduous and tiring, mainly because when you placed one the cursor would move back to the centre of the screen (like when placing an item) and not stay where it was. Then the eggs are cracked by the neighbours to release more snakes.

Replies

• Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    After they ended:

A. Homer ate it- The pig!

B. Gone. :(

C. You could buy mystery stockings with them to win prizes. - :mrgreen:

D. You bought different items with the hearts you had. (Valentine Themed.) But you had to exchange them before it ended.
  • verov143
    689 posts
    edited October 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    After they ended:

D. You bought different items with the hearts you had. (Valentine Themed.) But you had to exchange them before it ended.

D. or convert them to in-game cash
  • absolutdog590
    51 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm assuming from everyone's reaction this is the first time EA's been so giving of the random donuts....
    Indys2nd wrote:
    After they ended:

thanks indy
    Now what i wanna know is what happens to the gremlins on November 8th.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I'm assuming from everyone's reaction this is the first time EA's been so giving of the random donuts....

but what i wanna know is what happens to the gremlins on November 8th.

You could convert the Xmas coins into donuts, that was far more generous than this Halloween if you earned enough. I'm a regular player who is on pace to finish the 10k personal stuff in 36-48 hours (from now), and with similar playing habits at Xmas, I gained over 200 donuts from coin trade ins. That was sweet.
  • verov143
    689 posts
    edited October 2013
    Now what i wanna know is what happens to the gremlins on November 8th.

This part of your question isn't about the past, it's about the future. Therefore, none of us know for sure. I predict they'll likely disappear like the eggs/snakes at the end of Whacking Day. We can only hope they leave one of them permanently in our town.
  • absolutdog590
    51 posts
    edited October 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:

You could convert the Xmas coins into donuts, that was far more generous than this Halloween
    and with similar playing habits at Xmas, I gained over 200 donuts from coin trade ins. That was sweet.

Xmas is the season for giving, i guess :)

Anyone remember approx how much to buy in donuts everything premium and limited was last Christmas? (so i have a target to aim for)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • slivdawg77
    422 posts
    edited October 2013
    The mystery stockings last year were awesome! I got like 8 rain deer
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    Check out the tomb stone on the loading screan and you will find out what happened to our hard earned extra candy.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited October 2013
    Nine9Nines wrote:

You could convert the Xmas coins into donuts, that was far more generous than this Halloween
    and with similar playing habits at Xmas, I gained over 200 donuts from coin trade ins. That was sweet.

Xmas is the season for giving, i guess :)

Anyone remember approx how much to buy in donuts everything premium and limited was last Christmas? (so i have a target to aim for)

I don't remember exactly and I cbb to look it up but it was under 600 for one of everything I think, cause that was all I had at the time and I remember being p*ssed I ran out of donuts before I could get the Volcano Lair

2 funzos, the Mapple Store, Barney and the bowlarama, 1 Christmas tree, and the Try N Save were all earned doing the event.

Slh was 150?
    Funzo was 50?
    Christmas tree was 75?
    Reindeer was 15 or 20
    Santas village with Santa homer was 200
    Mr. Plow was 90
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    Check out the tomb stone on the loading screan and you will find out what happened to our hard earned extra candy.

They're lying to us though, because after Halloween '12 ended, Homer said he ate all the leftover candy.

H12 was their first event, so they were working things out. My guess is that they didn't even contemplate what to do with the leftover candy until they saw everyone ask about it here on the forum during the event. They probably had to scramble to get an explanation in, and the end result was some text from Homer saying he ate it all. Players weren't thrilled with the joke, to say the least.

When Xmas12 came around, everyone expected the same scenario to play out at the end, but they had foreseen that and instead they surprised us with the option to trade the coins for stockings that contained reindeer and donuts. Players were much happier that time around.

Then, they changed the format to where there wouldn't be "leftover" currency. You just collect as much as you can, and goals are reached along the way. No promises beyond the final prize (though, donuts are reportedly available for every 2k after 10k this time).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!