EA Forums - Banner

whacking day on steroids

ok starting to feel like whacking day on steroids, haunt the unhaunted buildings collect goo, hunt down and pop the ghosts collect goo, attempt to leave gremlins, make sure collected all goo if i leave early goo be gone.. 100 times a day . Back in my town, Find the haunted buildings, find ghosts, pop ghosts(yes i have the vacuum) hunt down gremlins oh make sure goo not automatically collect is collected. shewwww. and I thought whacking day was rough :lol:

Key difference: for WD, you had to do this EVERY DAY without fail to feel confident you would reach the end (or spend a bunch of donuts on stuff that would generate snakes). For this, much easier to be casual about it and still know you'll get all the personal prizes. Plus you don't have to hunt for that last snake!

Replies

• bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited October 2013
    ok starting to feel like whacking day on steroids, haunt the unhaunted buildings collect goo, hunt down and pop the ghosts collect goo, attempt to leave gremlins, make sure collected all goo if i leave early goo be gone.. 100 times a day . Back in my town, Find the haunted buildings, find ghosts, pop ghosts(yes i have the vacuum) hunt down gremlins oh make sure goo not automatically collect is collected. shewwww. and I thought whacking day was rough :lol:
    This is a piece of cake. Nothing close to wd.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited October 2013
    I dont have to hunt down the gremlins, they all seem to come to me. As for searching for ghosts, I just use my vacuum all over my town a few times.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    make sure collected all goo if i leave early goo be gone
    That is incorrect. The goo will be there once you get back to your town.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, this has been miles easier than WD. Much more enjoyable, whereas WD seemed like work that couldn't be avoided.

In fact, I'm going to hit 10,000 GOO in just a few minutes. :D
  • kimphuc
    54 posts
    edited October 2013
    I hate this, makes my game run super slow , can't wait till this crap is over
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    brewdog79 wrote:
    Yeah, this has been miles easier than WD. Much more enjoyable, whereas WD seemed like work that couldn't be avoided.

In fact, I'm going to hit 10,000 GOO in just a few minutes. :D

Yep, this event is definitely easy if you play regularly and don't mind spending a little extra time (not much, just a little). Huge difference from WD where you basically had to play 24 hours a day to feel comfortable in reaching your goals.

I imagine they'll tweak this format a little more, and the next event will be somewhere in between WD and H13. Hopefully it will be closer to H13 than WD, because this one is enjoyable and WD sucked (except for the great reward buildings).

Like I said in another thread, I play TSTO to get away from real life, I don't play real life to get away from TSTO.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2013
    Yeah !! I am so glad this is not like WD... I didnt sleep for like a month just to be able to get all the prizes.. I hope they never have an event like that again... dont get me wrong-- the prizes were great but getting those many snakes.. HELL !! :evil:
    It was like an eternity... and took me just as long to get over it and start enjoying the game again..
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    make sure collected all goo if i leave early goo be gone
    That is incorrect. The goo will be there once you get back to your town.

Really? Sweet! :D
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    WD would have been so much easier, if they had 20-30 snakes roaming friends towns. Having several ghosts floating around is a great solution to long hunting times.
  • stevieort
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Key difference: for WD, you had to do this EVERY DAY without fail to feel confident you would reach the end (or spend a bunch of donuts on stuff that would generate snakes). For this, much easier to be casual about it and still know you'll get all the personal prizes. Plus you don't have to hunt for that last snake!

Absolutely! I decided to "slow play", delaying getting Count Burns so that I could catch up on so, so many ongoing questlines (haven't even begun the Strongman Homer quests). I'm going to visit all my neighbors tonight, though, to help out folks. But truly *no one* should have a problem earning all personal prizes (at least my neighbors all seem to be on track).
  • blueathena62
    114 posts
    edited October 2013
    This is nothing compared to WD.
    1. First of all, wasn't the top prize in WD 13500 or so? I'm pretty sure it was above 1k
    2. Even without double haunting, you are going to get a minimum of 8 goo a town, more if you are quick on that last ghost. In WD you got 5 snakes tops, and I don't know about you, but I got a hell of a lot of eggs.
    3. More than 5 ghosts per town. This cuts your time per town tremendously. Plus the ghosts don't disappear into buildings or other such nonsense. I have limited vision and I can still find them.
    4. More incentive for your friends to help you out. Tapping the button to release a few gremlins (which will give you goo too!) is so much better than trying to place all those stupid eggs.

I agree with another poster -- with WD it felt like a job.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    Can we please once and for all Dispel The rumor that if you leave a friends town before all Goo+gremlins are collected that you lose them. This is FALSE/INCORRECT/NOT TRUE! You don't have to spend precious time of your life waiting for all Goo to register/collect! MMMkayy!

Get them G+G And GIT!
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    kimphuc wrote:

I wouldn't say "I hate this" but I definitely agree, my 4th gen iPad can barely keep up if there are more than like 5 houses haunted.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    amauthe8 wrote:
    kimphuc wrote:

I wouldn't say "I hate this" but I definitely agree, my 4th gen iPad can barely keep up if there are more than like 5 houses haunted.

Yep, very disappointing on the iPad4. I would've expected better. The 5s is pretty smooth and flawless, aside from some freezing occasionally. iPad4 gets laggy quite often while visiting towns, and I've decided to rename Krusty Land "Krashy Land" due to obvious reasons. Pretty much any time I try to go to my Krashy Land after doing anything in my town, I get booted on the iPad4 and have to relaunch. I can't even imagine what folks on iPad2's, iPhone4, etc. are going through. I'd imagine the issues get considerably worse the more iDevice generations you go back. This game is awfully demanding on system capabilities.
  • johncolombo
    11349 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2013
    whacking day was war, this is a stroll in the park.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • kimmie24
    148 posts
    edited October 2013
    I like this event better than WD. I like the fact that your neighbors don't deduct from your goo count. WD people with 1000 snakes would constantly deduct from my 40 snakes. It became hard to get all the prizes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!