EA Forums - Banner

Correlation between gremlins being maxed out and not getting any to give?

By "...that friend's gremlin count went up...", do you mean the one in the top right? If so, that's just the amount you're able to leave them; you need to have gremlins yourself to be able to give them.

Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Replies

• sea_dragon20
    38 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    By "...that friend's gremlin count went up...", do you mean the one in the top right? If so, that's just the amount you're able to leave them; you need to have gremlins yourself to be able to give them.

Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Yes, that's what I meant, but I'm not sure I was clear - I enter your town and the counter in the upper right says 0. One of the ghosts I tap gives me a gremlin, and as soon as I collect that gremlin the counter turns to 1. It happens again and the counter turns to 2. So now I can leave those same 2 gremlins that I just collected.

As I said it might be coincidence, but I saw that happen in 3 towns out of the last 5 I visited. And I probably visited 20 towns where the counter just stayed at 0, and I didn't get any gremlins from popping ghosts. It made me wonder if there's some hidden link between the number of incoming and outgoing gremlins.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited October 2013
    The number in the top corner of your friend's town is how many gremlins you can release.

There is room for ten. In an empty town, the number will be however many gremlins you have, up to 10. When you collect a gremlin, it is immediately releaseable.
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    The number in the top corner of your friend's town is how many gremlins you can release.

There is room for ten. In an empty town, the number will be however many gremlins you have, up to 10. When you collect a gremlin, it is immediately releaseable.

That's not what the OP was asking.

To the OP: To everyone's knowledge, there should be no correlation between gremlin's already in a town and gremlin's that are received from tapping ghosts. You could be correct, however, if you had some way to check. In past experience for myself I notice gremlins are sporadically gained, no matter how much is already in the town i'm visiting.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    My gf doesn't see any gremlins in her town, but when I visit, it's filled with them and I'm unable to drop any off. I've played on her account, and they're simply not there. Also, a couple buildings appear forever haunted in her town. Tapping on them doesn't release the ghosts, it just brings up the normal timing/information bar. When I visit and look at those buildings, they are not haunted.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.