EA Forums - Banner

Kindle update - no longer identifies who haunted or left gremlins

It must not be kindle-specific ... I'm on an iPad this whole time, and earlier today there were a number of times I got that "haunted by The Ghosts" message. I found it curious but, frankly, since I added no less than 96 friends over the past 23 hours, I assumed one of my add-ons was named "The Ghosts" ... Doh!

But that only happened a few times, and I've been at this, literally, all day today.

Not much help, I guess. :(

Replies

• jkeeney73635
    147 posts
    edited October 2013
    That happened to me. I am on a Samsung Galaxy tablet. I force stoped the game and restarted it and it fixed the problem.
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited October 2013
    Going out of my town and went back in later and all was normal. It did have me sign in right before that.
  • frogger53
    685 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes. Today especially! I play on iPad. I got kicked out after it happened and when I went back in, I got names when I tapped haunted building and gremlins. I think it's a server issue.
  • paul4ro
    50 posts
    edited October 2013
    Is this not just when a building has been double-haunted?
  • frogger53
    685 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused as to what the difference is between "Haunted By Ghosts" and "Haunted By (name)".....I don't think double-haunted buildings have any message. It just becomes un-haunted.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I've actually gotten this several times in the past. I kind of thought "The Ghosts" was the game haunting buildings for you, because I specifically remember starting the Frank Grimes quest and watching the power plant become haunted and it said "Haunted by The Ghosts." Then I saw that come up at places like Moe's and the school; buildings that used to be targets for vandalism but otherwise didn't produce something on their own. I figured it was programmed in as a way to get extra goo.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    on my iphone it's happening too, haunted by ghosts and no message at all when I squish a gremlin.
  • paul4ro
    50 posts
    edited October 2013
    frogger53 wrote:
    I'm confused as to what the difference is between "Haunted By Ghosts" and "Haunted By (name)".....I don't think double-haunted buildings have any message. It just becomes un-haunted.
    perhaps they have changed the code in one of the recent updates so that it no longer becomes un-haunted?
  • eG-Yak
    55 posts
    edited October 2013
    I can see who did the haunting if i'm in the city when it happened.

But when I log in to my city, the haunting just becomes "the ghosts".

Not exactly encouraging friendly play if you can't see who's been active.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!