EA Forums - Banner

my ocd sense is tingling

very_tall_man.jpg

This was the largest auto I could afford..am I therefore to be made the subject of fun?

Replies

• BurninRayne
    104 posts
    edited October 2013
    algar_toon wrote:
    while im grateful of the new lard lad the design is horrible

how are the (non-existent) cars supposed to park in the spaces behind?

poor show

Was thinking the same thing.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    algar_toon wrote:

poor show

Haha, yeah. Big cinder block walls directly behind the spaces... err, uh, there's no way. It's pretty much a junk decoration building, designed for Halloween.

On the bright side, those who bought the actual LL with donuts can rejoice. This facsimile will not be mistaken for the real thing, and I think that was the intention.
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    What do you expect it's the same building as lard land donuts. They just decorated it just be glad it didn't cost you donuts.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    AARONRTD wrote:
    What do you expect it's the same building as lard land donuts. They just decorated it just be glad it didn't cost you donuts.

I didn't expect anything. It's not the same building though. It's actually quite different. If it had cost donuts, I wouldn't have bought it.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited October 2013
    It's a cartoon, everything in a cartoon must make sense!
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited October 2013
    I seem to have lots of proportion problems.

It's kind of like a Christmas **** village, where none of the figures would actually be able to fit through the doors.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited October 2013
    The scale of everything is way off but you get used to it.

Would prefer if the scale and proportion of things were a little bit more realistic but the game is based on a cartoon so that says it all!
  • edited October 2013
    its-free-template.jpg

IT'S FREE! thats all that matters for me ._.
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm.. I just assumed that the walls were added after the Lard Lad cult took over that building, thereby turning it into a "compound" of sorts. The parking spaces out back are probably only used for religious ceremonies and donut socials, and certainly not for paying customers. Maybe if they grow their membership, they'll be able re-pave the back parking area as a nice garden patio. Problem solved.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Not complaining , but I'll probably put mine in storage after the event.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited October 2013
    I wouldn't have more than one LL but I like this one so Church of LL stays!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, that parking space shouldn't be there. But oh well, I still like it. I was very glad it was a building rather than a skin for a building I don't have. (Plus I have it right next to the first church of Springfield, which amuses me to no end for some reason.)
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited October 2013
    Switched mine out with an existing LL that has 4 cars parked around it. Didn't move the cars and everything looks fine. Some people will complain about anything...
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    algar_toon wrote:

poor show

I think you have failed to grasp the meaning of being OCD.
  • Cyanocitta21
    173 posts
    edited October 2013
    Church of Lard Lad - Lame

A normal Lard Lad Donuts in which the Lard Lad is using his donut to crush a car would have been awesome.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    Yeah, that parking space shouldn't be there. But oh well, I still like it. I was very glad it was a building rather than a skin for a building I don't have. (Plus I have it right next to the first church of Springfield, which amuses me to no end for some reason.)

I'm determined to put mine between my First Church of Springfield and my Springfield police station. The quintessential win-win. :wink:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    neuroheart wrote:

I'm determined to put mine between my First Church of Springfield and my Springfield police station. The quintessential win-win. :wink:

Hah! That's a great idea! Too bad my police station is on the opposite end of town from the church and I like it where it is. But I may have to think about how I can redesign someday.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited October 2013
    neuroheart wrote:

I did the same thing! :mrgreen: Made me laugh, somehow.
  • jtgroth
    379 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    My gripe about it is that it has it's own parking lots included (as does the actual Lard Lad and the Gypsy Building). The included parking lots don't match the ones we can purchase. That is my OCD acting up :)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Also, and I don't mean to be ungrateful here (as Annette prepares to be ungrateful), the holiday-themed stuff they're giving us is awfully large (Freak tent thingie was worst of all) ... The ray gun, pumpkin house, graveyard and gypsy house add up --space wise. I'm having to make some pretty absurd placements. Had to shove my school in back of a restaurant, with no access to school at all. That's just one example. for a few, i just gave up the concept of having the buildings open onto actual streets long ago. Whatever City Planner chromosomes i may have died off this week.

Buying more land is one option, but messes up long term purchase plans something fierce. and all just for the event ... But im doing it Because it IS an AWESOME event.

I put the freak tent away after that one activity Lisa did in the beginning. Hope it won't matter later.

After Halloween I will store it all and give my neighborhoods back their landscaping. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.