EA Forums - Banner

Any Good Ideas On How To Know Which 'FRENEMY" Is Stealing Goo In Our Town?

Prev13456
I don't think that strategy is a good way to figure out who is doing it. You could be deleting a perfectly innocent person who just didn't visit?

A lot of the people on my list don't visit every day, so it would be silly to assume that they are showing up and unhaunting my houses.

I hate to say it, because this seems very serious for some people, but why not just let it go? There is plenty of goo to go around and a few goo isn't going to make or break the event for you. And sometimes it IS an accident. I just did it recently when trying to tap a ghost near a building. People are going to keep doing it for innocent reasons and for not innocent reasons. It's the way the game is played.

EDIT:
I'm also curious how people are sure they are being double haunted. If you go into your SF and a house isn't haunted, how are you sure it wasn't ever haunted? is it because you tap other houses and only see a friends name once or twice? I mean, that could happen if you tap more than 5 ghosts and go into the negative. When I do that it only lets me have 2 actions to tap on a building.

Replies

• tawacekiller
    26 posts
    edited October 2013
    Dont be so quick to remove people who "arent visiting my springfield"..

Its possible Friend X did visit your springfield and haunt buildings, but then Friend Y came along and double haunted, making you think Friend X and Friend Y are stealing Goo, but really its only Friend Y.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ones that have haunted just one of your buildings might be a clue.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2013

Its possible Friend X did visit your springfield and haunt buildings, but then Friend Y came along and double haunted, making you think Friend X and Friend Y are stealing Goo, but really its only Friend Y.

Exactly. I'd hate to think one of my friends has deleted me because they think I may have done that. I've done it on accident while swiping the screen to find a house, who hasn't, but I've always left extra gremlins after, but I always try to haunt on squidport since it seems no one goes there. I will also go back to that town later if I wasn't able to leave any gremlins the first time either because I was out or their town was full.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Ones that have haunted just one of your buildings might be a clue.

That might not always be the case though. I've had friends who have had only two tappable houses in their town at the time and because I want the GOO and want them to also get GOO, I won't double haunt them, I will just go back in later and collect from the final house. I actually have one right now who must not have checked their town in a couple of days because when I went in, every house was haunted and double haunted (no ghosts flying over any of them) and even the cash houses were gone. I collected my five ghosts and will check the town later. If anything, I will just try to get KL tickets. IMO, it's just too hard to tell who is doing it.
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited October 2013
    slacker001 wrote:

Exactly. I'd hate to think one of my friends has deleted me because they think I may have done that. I've done it on accident while swiping the screen to find a house, who hasn't, but I've always left extra gremlins after, but I always try to haunt on squidport since it seems no one goes there. I will also go back to that town later if I wasn't able to leave any gremlins the first time either because I was out or their town was full.
    +1. I've accidentally double haunted when swiping across a town and leave extra gremlins too.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I do that to the house farmers on purpose.
    Everyone else I don't unless its by mistake
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone have any ideas on a clever way to determne which frenemy is going into my town, clicking on the already haunted houses other friends has visited, and stealing the goo? If people do that they get 2 goo instead of 1 and it removed the haunting so the person owning the town gets nothing. It is crummy and definately NOT a friend. Instead of clicking a new, unhaunted dwelling, they are seeking out haunted places (even far away from entry) and stealing the goo... rat brats.

I have been keeping a written list of names who visit, and those who dont, obviousl the ones not listed are ones stealing MY GOO. I am removing them from my friend list.

Any other quicker, better means to find out who is doing this?

Thanks for any ideas.

Wow. It might be time to take a break, get some fresh air, tell your family you love them, then come back and try Tapping Out without freaking out. If you're making "lists" of people who've wronged you in a FTP mobile game, you might not be having very much fun, which is the point of a game. Plenty of imaginary goo to go around, friend. My humble opinion, I could be wrong.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I'm guilty of this too :mrgreen:
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.

The best was when we could cause our neighbours to lose their squidport tiles
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited October 2013
    If we happen to be friends just go ahead and delete me please.
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    If we happen to be friends just go ahead and delete me please.

^this.

Too much srs ITT.
  • amoonfaerie
    8 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have a question. How do you know someone has clicked an already visited building? I before I read this forum I clicked on houses that looked haunted and it said haunted by ghosts.... does that mean someone already visited that building? I have one other question. Placing gremlins in friends towns when I do then i go back to my town and a thing pops up that says your gremlins have collected so many goo from other towns... ok so does this mean I shouldnt kill gremlins people place in my town so they can collect more goo for my neighbors?
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited October 2013
    Lighten up its just a game. There is plenty of GOO to go around and plenty of time left to get everything. It's not a big deal you just haunt back. :twisted: People had discussion of this before and it's all in fun. But if your making a "list" it is way beyond that point and you should take a break.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    paranoid.jpg
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

House farmers actually have an advantage with this update.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I will delete them once the event is over
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Double post
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!