EA Forums - Banner

Any Good Ideas On How To Know Which 'FRENEMY" Is Stealing Goo In Our Town?

Replies

• johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I do that to the house farmers on purpose.
    Everyone else I don't unless its by mistake

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.

My point is if one is clearly against farming. Why have them as neighbors? Seems hypocritical.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.

Yay! Another "older female"!! (Annette reminds self that social security check due for deposit tonight.)

I have a comment. There is no obvious thread here to discuss tactics that help or hurt "friends"

When i started playing this, i acted based on what seemed "nice" in real life. For instance common sense tells me that purposely placing a mischievous varmint into someone else's city is a mean prank. obviously, its a game, so pranks add humor -- but nothing prepared me to learn it is a positive thing. In fact, if given a way to RID a friend of gremlins, that sounded like I was being a nice friend.

Likewise, clicking on the grimy-looking buildings ... Common sense tells me that if I visit a friend's home and it is dirty, I am doing them a favor by removing the dirt. And if a friend has a haunted house, I'd be helping them by UN-haunting it.

Yeah. I know. Live and learn. But just sayin'

Annette:)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.

Swiping goo because someone has a house farm is def. a crappy move. I agree that it would be better to just delete them so they can find someone else who won't steal their goo.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited October 2013
    Really? This double haunting has become boring. Move on. It's not a big deal
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Swiping goo because someone has a house farm is def. a crappy move. I agree that it would be better to just delete them so they can find someone else who won't steal their goo.

He does have a point that it would be odd to have a farmer for a neighbor if you're anti-farmer. Personally, I don't discriminate. I have a few mega-farmers for neighbors myself. But in the end, the farmer doesn't need a white knight; he can unfriend anyone whenever/if he chooses.

There's an attitude circulating that people are being "victimized" in some way. It's getting ridiculous IMO. Even my least active neighbors who only have the pumpkin house at this point (and lives, I'm guessing!) will finish with 10k by Nov 7, despite whatever goo may get "stolen." I don't care if someone double-haunts me or cleans one out. It won't make a serious dent in my efforts. And people shouldn't be crying about something that's built into the game that everyone can access equally. If it was donuts, that'd be different, but it's digital goods nobody had to pay for. Folks need to relax.
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.

Why don't you use your many degrees for something useful instead of playing Simpsons Goo Police and obsessing over and keeping track of your friends (who I doubt you even know) and their goo (that cannot be used as real money in real life) and just play the game?

Whack job.......
  • jaeger1169
    73 posts
    edited October 2013
    Not sure if the OP is doing an amusing troll or if she is in serious need of psychological medication.
  • Brehme148
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone have any ideas on a clever way to determne which frenemy is going into my town, clicking on the already haunted houses other friends has visited, and stealing the goo? If people do that they get 2 goo instead of 1 and it removed the haunting so the person owning the town gets nothing. It is crummy and definately NOT a friend. Instead of clicking a new, unhaunted dwelling, they are seeking out haunted places (even far away from entry) and stealing the goo... rat brats.

I have been keeping a written list of names who visit, and those who dont, obviousl the ones not listed are ones stealing MY GOO. I am removing them from my friend list.

Any other quicker, better means to find out who is doing this?

Thanks for any ideas.

Ask the NSA. They might have recorded which of your friends are goo-terrorists.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    I am sure I have tons of Neighbors double clicking my buildings. Do I care? Not really. I appreciate the visits and the haunts, but this event is so easy that I really don't see why anybody can get so upset over nothing. There is no reason why anybody playing this game on a semi-regular basis shouldnt be able to acquire enough goo to get all the prizes. I only have 50 neighbors and I should be reaching the 10,000 Goo goal tonight, or by the latest, early tomorrow.

If a game like this is causing you so much anger, you really need to stop and reassess just why you are playing it.

Seriously, lighten up a bit. I'd hate to see how you respond to real problems.
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited October 2013
    The OP cracks me up!!!
    Come on people, it's a game. I was unhaunting until two days ago because I had no idea it was bad.
    I stopped because some of my friends on here don't like it.
    As for me, unhaunt away! I could care less! Get your Goo on peeps! :twisted:
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited October 2013
    Brehme148 wrote:
    :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone have any ideas on a clever way to determne which frenemy is going into my town, clicking on the already haunted houses other friends has visited, and stealing the goo? If people do that they get 2 goo instead of 1 and it removed the haunting so the person owning the town gets nothing. It is crummy and definately NOT a friend. Instead of clicking a new, unhaunted dwelling, they are seeking out haunted places (even far away from entry) and stealing the goo... rat brats.

I have been keeping a written list of names who visit, and those who dont, obviousl the ones not listed are ones stealing MY GOO. I am removing them from my friend list.

Any other quicker, better means to find out who is doing this?

Thanks for any ideas.

Ask the NSA. They might have recorded which of your friends are goo-terrorists.

+1
    Well-played! :D
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.
    i actually stay away from the start screen upon entering friends towns and head for the boonies to haunt usually more buildings to haunt and my thinking was to keep away from unhaunters who came after me. same thing with house farmers will go to middle of their farm and haunt all 3 there. side note...ive also unhaunted by accident and will also leave extra gremlims or come back when i can to do so, unhaunting on purpose is rude selfish dickish behavior. :evil:
  • terrylee883
    49 posts
    edited October 2013
    Umm. All I do is double haunt.
    And if you don't have a haunt for me to double,
    then I'm the one who is pissed
    and you're the bad neighbor.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I just seriously can't get over how many people are upset about this. I mean really?! This is Halloween! Halloween is all about tricks or treats. The way I see it is we can either treat our neighbor and leave them their GOO, or trick them and take it by double haunting. But honestly it's hard to have fun with it when you have to be afraid of even accidentally tapping an already haunted house for fear you're going to be hunted down and deleted for it. :?
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't remember this much angst about the egging and toilet-papering last year. Weren't we able to "clean up" other folks' towns without being accused of being bad neighbors? Or am I wrong?
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Delete all your neighbours and see if it still happens :mrgreen:
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    I just went into my Springfield after taking an hour break and here were no Haunted Buildings!

Damn You Double Tappers!!!!!!!!!!
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Umm. All I do is double haunt.
    And if you don't have a haunt for me to double,
    then I'm the one who is pissed
    and you're the bad neighbor.

Now that's some good stuff. Nothin wrong with consistency.
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited October 2013
    I just went into my Springfield after taking an hour break and here were no Haunted Buildings!

Damn You Double Tappers!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: IT WAS ME!!!!! Bwah ah ahh... Just kidding, we're not neighbors ;)

• raider_geek
    32 posts
    edited October 2013
    This is a game right? you are actually making a list? Sounds like you need to find another game to play.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.