EA Forums - Banner

Any Good Ideas On How To Know Which 'FRENEMY" Is Stealing Goo In Our Town?

Replies

• toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ditsy6 wrote:
    I just went into my Springfield after taking an hour break and here were no Haunted Buildings!

Damn You Double Tappers!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: IT WAS ME!!!!! Bwah ah ahh... Just kidding, we're not neighbors ;)

That last part made me sad.

;)
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ditsy6 wrote:
    I just went into my Springfield after taking an hour break and here were no Haunted Buildings!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: IT WAS ME!!!!! Bwah ah ahh... Just kidding, we're not neighbors ;)

;)

Don't be sad... There's no crying in Tapping :mrgreen:

• toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ditsy6 wrote:
    Ditsy6 wrote:

;)

No? Seems like a lot of crying in the forums.

No Crying...

Baseball
    Tapping

Anything else?
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited October 2013
    Ditsy6 wrote:
    Ditsy6 wrote:

;)

No? Seems like a lot of crying in the forums.

No Crying...

Baseball
    Tapping

Anything else?

Sir...She's crying...she's crying sir!!! There's no crying in baseball!!! No crying!!! Hahaha.
    And yes...I agree, there seems to be quite a bit of the whaaaaaaaaa going on lately huh.

• edited October 2013
    Simple solution. Play more, and unhaunt your own buildings. I think that's the whole point of allowing people to double haunt in the first place. It encourages us to play more and keeps the game social. Some people are taking this whole thing too far. That's just what I think.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    baylensmom wrote:
    The OP cracks me up!!!
    Come on people, it's a game. I was unhaunting until two days ago because I had no idea it was bad.

I don't believe it is bad. When I click on a haunted building in my town and it says "Haunted by the ghosts", I still get goo. I think this hysteria is ridiculous; it's like hoarding sand on the beach.
    I stopped because some of my friends on here don't like it.

You need new friends.
  • justinabboe
    30 posts
    edited October 2013
    wow i agree with everybody else take a chill pill its a game to any one thats my neighbor feel free to double haunt me all ya want i got my 10,000 goo.
    OP if im ur neighbor delete me matter of fact im checkin now ill save ya the trouble i dont need any sore losers
  • dom2973
    57 posts
    edited October 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    If we happen to be friends just go ahead and delete me please.
    +1
  • cs307
    39 posts
    edited October 2013
    Does it really matter? In fact I didn't even know we got 2 goo's when we tapped on our friends haunted houses until I read a post about it in here. You've got over month to get all the prizes. I already got all the goo I need and now I'm going to help my friends out who need the goo the most. Just stop whining about it.
  • knird
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    if I tap on a haunted house in my neighbor's SF, do I "unhaunt" it or does the building say "haunted by ghosts" ?

I'm so confused... I have double haunted by accident or due to game lag, but I usually try to scroll to the edge of the town to haunt neglected buildings.

I don't mind double-haunts or "unhaunt" taps on my buildings... (except maybe I might have wrongfully (and secretly) accused some of my innocent neighbors of not visiting... uh-oh, better climb off my holier-than-thou high horse. :oops: ) nevertheless, despite double-haunts/unhaunts, I'm almost at the 9,000 goo mark and it took only about 4 days. I don't squish gremlins, either.

So really, people dont need to panic or rush to gather goo.

• cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Umm. All I do is double haunt.
    And if you don't have a haunt for me to double,
    then I'm the one who is pissed
    and you're the bad neighbor.

While I don't think someone is a bad neighbor for not having anything for me to double haunt, and I'm hardly pissed (mildly annoyed is more like it) I agree with you.

And I will kill gremlins. You can kill mine, I don't care. I drop them knowing I'll get 2 goo, and hoping I will get lucky and get 4. That's the risk and anyone who drops them takes the same. I'm almost at 9000 and will have my personal prizes either tonight or tomorrow and I really don't care how my neighbors choose to play their game.

Some others around here obviously take a game based on cartoon characters far too seriously.
  • smalltowngirl26
    110 posts
    edited October 2013
    The person who said they are keeping an eye on who gets a thousand a day well I adverage that now with maxed out friends and I have not double haunted any of them. I do get double haunted but I don't do it back. Do i care? Nope because I have weeks to go but I'm gonna be done by weekend and I'll still keep going anyway
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited October 2013
    The person who said they are keeping an eye on who gets a thousand a day well I adverage that now with maxed out friends and I have not double haunted any of them. I do get double haunted but I don't do it back. Do i care? Nope because I have weeks to go but I'm gonna be done by weekend and I'll still keep going anyway

yeah i think most of the active players with pretty close to the max number of friends are averaging somewhere around 1000 goo a day. i don't think that just because someone averages that it means that they are cheating in some way or double haunting all the time. i usually pick off at least 2 extra ghosts each friend i visit anyway....no need to double haunt unless it happens by accident.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.
    You need to get out more. This is not a glitch, it's an actual game feature that EA put in on purpose. NOBODY is "stealing" from you. They're using a feature. If you play all day and all night (really?) then you should click on your buildings as soon as they're haunted, then people wouldn't be able to double haunt. So really this is all your fault.
  • algar_toon
    29 posts
    edited October 2013
    you lost any chance of decent thread when you had to tell everybody that you had an ipad 3

not just an ipad
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Airion wrote:
    You need to get out more. This is not a glitch, it's an actual game feature that EA put in on purpose. NOBODY is "stealing" from you. They're using a feature. If you play all day and all night (really?) then you should click on your buildings as soon as they're haunted, then people wouldn't be able to double haunt. So really this is all your fault.

Doh! It wasn't until I read this comment that I realized that it WAS put in on purpose! After all, I'm prevented from moving things around in other people's Springfields, and I can't send their characters on tasks of my choosing, but THIS ("double haunting") is allowed. If it was "cheating" it simply wouldn't be an available option.

Obviously the game designers know just how diverse the players of this game can be, and re confident that we'll deal with our own individual quirks in our own way.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I do that to the house farmers on purpose.
    Everyone else I don't unless its by mistake

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.

Swiping goo because someone has a house farm is def. a crappy move. I agree that it would be better to just delete them so they can find someone else who won't steal their goo.

He does have a point that it would be odd to have a farmer for a neighbor if you're anti-farmer. Personally, I don't discriminate. I have a few mega-farmers for neighbors myself. But in the end, the farmer doesn't need a white knight; he can unfriend anyone whenever/if he chooses.

There's an attitude circulating that people are being "victimized" in some way. It's getting ridiculous IMO. Even my least active neighbors who only have the pumpkin house at this point (and lives, I'm guessing!) will finish with 10k by Nov 7, despite whatever goo may get "stolen." I don't care if someone double-haunts me or cleans one out. It won't make a serious dent in my efforts. And people shouldn't be crying about something that's built into the game that everyone can access equally. If it was donuts, that'd be different, but it's digital goods nobody had to pay for. Folks need to relax.

But is about donuts... I suspect the OP also want to get as many free donuts, after she passes 10.000 GOO, as possible.

I actually support the OP in this, and some of the people commenting in this thread, asking the OP to relax because it's just a game, as well as being foul-mouthed, should actually look themselves in the mirror...!
  • Leenan777
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    clooless2000, just calm down and keep cool. That's so ridiculous! It is only October 9 today. You have almost one month left to collect all the goo you need. You will easily make it even if your neighbors double haunt your buildings. You may have business and marketing degrees, but how can you make such a fuss just because of some stupid virtual goo??? Incredible ... :shock: Did you forget that this is just a game and nothing else and it is meant to be a fun game???

There is a simple solution to prevent your neighbors from "stealing" your goo: Delete them all and they will no longer be able to "steal" your beloved goo!

Once again: Calm down, keep cool and enjoy the game.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2013
    Wow...... do players seriously have time to count how many hauntings each visitor has done?????????

I barely have time in the morning to harvest, put characters on days tasks, and visit however many neighbours I have ready. Same at lunch time.
    The only chance I have to really take my time and enjoy the game at the moment is in the evening after tea :-)

But...... why am I posting here now you may ask.....

Well, we have no WiFi here at work so I cant tap..... but I tried logging in to the forum and it let me :-)

I am sure I am not supposed to be doing this, but no one overlooks my monitor and I finish a week on Friday anyway :twisted:

Life is too short.....we are 9 days in with 29 days to go and a lot of my neighbours are over or near 10,000 goo. Even I am sat at well over 9000 now.... IT IS NOT A RACE!!!

There are nearly inifinty different ways for you to find less than three hauntings from a particular person....

A simple mistake where the visitor has tapped less than three and then exited...
    An accidental tap on an already haunted place/s.
    An intentional tap on an already haunted place/s
    They have popped back to give you more gremlins and cannot tap on any buildings
    Someone else tapped (accidentally or deliberately) on your haunted buildings thus making it look like person X has only tapped 1 or 2

Need we go on?

If you want to avoid doing any of the above to your neighbours (because, of course, there may be neighbours out there convinced you are "stealing goo" from them) then the best way:

When entering a neighbours SF.... carefully scroll to the outskirts and find 3 unhaunted buildings. Haunt them.
    Now, all you can do is collect your 6-8 ghosts and release some gremlins...there is no chance of tapping on a haunted building!

Sorry if this is posted somewhere within this thread, I only read about 9 posts in before I was needing to reply!!

If you dont count but just collect, you will never know and can enjoy the game for what it is :roll:

• ThomasNMn
    40 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person.

Why would anyone want to tap that once, let alone twice? :mrgreen:

Seriously thou, how do you know that this isn't how the game was created/intended to be played? For all anyone on the board knows, this is exactly how the programmers designed the game.

Sounds like you really need to re-examine how you look at the game and life in general. If you would spend the time collecting goo that you spend tracking who does what in your town and how it affects you, you'll more than make up for any goo that you 'lost' from 'thieves'. Just my opinion.

I have a feeling I wouldn't want to be friends with you in real life, let alone a computer game. Something tells me you are just as '*' about your life as you appear to be in this game.

If if helps, I'd be willing to volunteer to become your temporary friend, double tap your houses to help you devise a way for you to figure out which of your 'friends' are stealing virtual goo (ie - computer bits) from you.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.