EA Forums - Banner

Any Good Ideas On How To Know Which 'FRENEMY" Is Stealing Goo In Our Town?

Replies

• Micaela2409
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    I accidentally tap already haunted houses. I try to get the "haunting" done before I tap ghosts but it happens. And I sometimes double haunt some friends that clearly haven't been "cleaning up".

Besides... it's a GAME. I'm not getting mad because of a game (well, except about accidentally spending 30 donuts on the raven...).

I have nothing against vandalizing buildings, for instance. It's SF, how is it possible to have SF without some graffitis? I also like that my neighbours leave some grafittis.
  • tifaerie
    48 posts
    edited October 2013
    I double haunt and people double haunt me, it's fair and balanced IMO, the 2 I get for doing it make up for the one I lost when someone else did it to me.

• Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    If you double haunt, you get 2 goo, but NO XP and cash. So really it's the double haunters that are losing out, not the so-called "victims".
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited October 2013
    This is the weirdest thread I've ever seen. I have hundreds of pending friend requests. It's easy to get friends. I'm sure if you deleted them they wouldn't even notice so why all the hand wringing? I barely have time to visit all my friends' towns much less calculate what they're doing. My time is much more valuable than that. For the record, most of the time I tap the first 3 buildings I see-haunted or not-and judging from my town most others' do the same. I think it's crazy to think people are doing something personally against you and assigning some nefarious motive. Most don't know the difference between tapping one house or the other and I don't even know if there is a consensus on that They are just trying to play the game quickly. One thing for sure: anyone who makes any effort is going to get the personal prizes -the only question is the community prizes and it doesn't matter who taps the goo towards that count, just be happy they're tapping. As far as someone's "theft" of goo slightly delaying your bonus donuts, these 1-3 donuts are worth very little real money and it is just a slight delay.
  • knird
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    frankly, i'm more concerned with reaching Ghost in the Machine pt. 14 on time for those free donuts and completing the side quests. so many 24-hour quests. gah!
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not really sure why anyone gives a crap to be honest? It's not like collecting goo is at all difficult with this update. I'm already at 8,000+ GOO.

If someone double haunts me whoop-de-doo, and well done for getting some extra GOO.

I deleted a bunch of inactive friends when the update started but I don't intend on doing so now and I honestly couldn't care less if they want to double haunt me.
  • stile99
    70 posts
    edited October 2013
    :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone have any ideas on a clever way to determne which frenemy is going into my town, clicking on the already haunted houses other friends has visited, and stealing the goo?

Me. And there's nothing you can do about it.
  • jasonmaxha254
    33 posts
    edited October 2013
    i've scanned through this and still don't understand the problem, I thought we were supposed to haunt our neighbors houses. If i try to tap on one that is already haunted, nothing happens.

I tap on 3 houses with ghosts hovering above them. Is that wrong??!
  • pheixred1
    7 posts
    edited October 2013
    Sometimes I unhaunt, sometimes I dont. It depends on my mood at the moment. If you want to unhaunt me, please feel free, more goo for you! I like to share the love.

If you want to delete me for unhaunting you, again please feel free, I have 35 people waiting for me to accept their friends invite so you are replaceable. Believe me you won't be missed. I have more important things to worry about in life than whos stealing my goo. Its just a game. Lighten up buttercup!!
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I do that to the house farmers on purpose.
    Everyone else I don't unless its by mistake

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.

Swiping goo because someone has a house farm is def. a crappy move. I agree that it would be better to just delete them so they can find someone else who won't steal their goo.

He does have a point that it would be odd to have a farmer for a neighbor if you're anti-farmer. Personally, I don't discriminate. I have a few mega-farmers for neighbors myself. But in the end, the farmer doesn't need a white knight; he can unfriend anyone whenever/if he chooses.

There's an attitude circulating that people are being "victimized" in some way. It's getting ridiculous IMO. Even my least active neighbors who only have the pumpkin house at this point (and lives, I'm guessing!) will finish with 10k by Nov 7, despite whatever goo may get "stolen." I don't care if someone double-haunts me or cleans one out. It won't make a serious dent in my efforts. And people shouldn't be crying about something that's built into the game that everyone can access equally. If it was donuts, that'd be different, but it's digital goods nobody had to pay for. Folks need to relax.

But is about donuts... I suspect the OP also want to get as many free donuts, after she passes 10.000 GOO, as possible.

I actually support the OP in this, and some of the people commenting in this thread, asking the OP to relax because it's just a game, as well as being foul-mouthed, should actually look themselves in the mirror...!

Nobody in this thread has dished out any malicious sentiments to the OP that the OP hasn't already displayed for her neighbors.

And Nice try btw. FREE EVENTUAL donuts. It still comes down to FREE digital goods that the OP didn't and won't pay real money for and doesn't actually own. As has been pointed out in other comments, the double-haunting feature is a legitimate component of the game --not a glitch-- and was likely included to encourage players to check for hauntings frequently. As has also been pointed out, if the OP and her defenders are really such sad people that they're concerned about their donut handout potential that they've already forsaken real life and play 24/7, double-haunting shouldn't be an issue. Thus, the OP herself closes the case on her own pettiness.

But yeah, go ahead and side with the OP. Send her a neighbor request and work on the "list" together.

Happy Tapping! Or Serious Tapping, if that's what you're into.
  • sea_dragon20
    38 posts
    edited October 2013
    To clarify, on the matter. I have been keeping track of who has gained at least 1000+ goo a day, and have not visited and no left any haunted buildings.

Also, I play all day, and night. I have an ipad 3 and I am informed when anyone visits my town. When someone visitis and I immediately go to the town and they have not left any haunted buildings, but someone else has 1 then obviously they have been taking my goo. Mind you, I know people click on accident, but many friends go to the far areas of my town, and these 'thieves' are seeking out haunted buildings.

I am older female, (probably as old as many of the players mothers or even grandmothers),with business and marketing degrees, I am no dummy. I have been referred to as female version of Spock much of my life. I am not a willy-nilly, maybe type person. Trust me.

Lastly, I have only deleted 2 people thus far, am certain these 2 are thieving. There are 9 others on my list, and as soon as am certain they are stealing my goo, they will be history.

My point is, this is a game, it should be fun. It shouldnt be a way for someone to exploit another and feel gleeful they were able to gain at the expense of another.

If you play "all day and all night" then there shouldn't be any haunted buildings for people to steal goo from.

I have collected over 1000 goo since yesterday morning, and I've accidentally clicked an already haunted house maybe 5 times today? Mostly trying to hit a ghost and missing, especially on the bus because it jiggles my hand. So that's maybe 5 extra goo that I "stole", the rest is from having my game open almost constantly on my desk, and visiting all of my friends and collecting 6-7 goo from ghosts in their towns (before EA fixed the bug). If you visit 100 friends in a day, haunt 3 houses and pop 5 ghosts, that's 800 goo just from visiting friends, let alone what comes from your own Springfield.

Have you considered that those people might have spent donuts to get extra stuff? Or maybe they have a lot of friends who were generous with gremlins.

Agreed with many others, you are taking this game way too seriously.
  • aschischka
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    You can double haunt and get more goo? I didn't know that! That's totally my strategy from now on. I just need to add Mature Female Spock to my friends list.

Seriously though folks, these goo points? It's all swings and roundabouts. You win some, you lose some, it's all part of the game. If people are getting their noses out of joint over goo and house farms and stuff, it's probably time to get out of your virtual town and go outside and worry about something important. Like the lawn. Mow the damn thing already! Or maybe see the dentist. You know you're due!
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG I am dying LOL at all the comments. Too funny. I guess for the young and um, less intelligent, never occurred to you I am past having to work?

Oh my, too funny.

Thanks for the entertaining remarks, and the snarky ones too. Can pretty much tell which generations is making which remarks.

It is not surprising the 'house farming' issue has been raised. Bet you are wondering whether I house farm or not, aren't you? LOL
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2013
    ohserin wrote:
    I don't think that strategy is a good way to figure out who is doing it. You could be deleting a perfectly innocent person who just didn't visit?

A lot of the people on my list don't visit every day, so it would be silly to assume that they are showing up and unhaunting my houses.

Then delete their behinds!!! Who needs them?! She's killing two birds with one stone this way.

I deleted all my friends who have <6000 goo last night because they clearly don't play enough.
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited October 2013
    I don't always haunt buildins when i visit towns. Sometimes i'm just looking to dump gremlins so will be in and out if i can't leave any. And i might do that 2 or 3 times in a day depending if i've managed to dump them all not.

Sometimes too i'll be rapid pressing the gremlin button to dump then and when i'm finished i see i've also haunted buildings while i thought i was pressing the gremlin button. I have no idea which houses i haunted.

But if u want to delete friends just do it. It aint worth stressing over
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited October 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I do that to the house farmers on purpose.
    Everyone else I don't unless its by mistake

Pretty crappy move. Try deleting them instead of using them. Give them a chance to have true friends/neighbors.

Using them? That's the whole point of having neighbors, so we can use each other to advance our game. If your neighbors like you, they can keep you; if they don't like your neighboring ways, they're free to find new ones. Free will and all.

Swiping goo because someone has a house farm is def. a crappy move. I agree that it would be better to just delete them so they can find someone else who won't steal their goo.

He does have a point that it would be odd to have a farmer for a neighbor if you're anti-farmer. Personally, I don't discriminate. I have a few mega-farmers for neighbors myself. But in the end, the farmer doesn't need a white knight; he can unfriend anyone whenever/if he chooses.

There's an attitude circulating that people are being "victimized" in some way. It's getting ridiculous IMO. Even my least active neighbors who only have the pumpkin house at this point (and lives, I'm guessing!) will finish with 10k by Nov 7, despite whatever goo may get "stolen." I don't care if someone double-haunts me or cleans one out. It won't make a serious dent in my efforts. And people shouldn't be crying about something that's built into the game that everyone can access equally. If it was donuts, that'd be different, but it's digital goods nobody had to pay for. Folks need to relax.

But is about donuts... I suspect the OP also want to get as many free donuts, after she passes 10.000 GOO, as possible.

I actually support the OP in this, and some of the people commenting in this thread, asking the OP to relax because it's just a game, as well as being foul-mouthed, should actually look themselves in the mirror...!

Nobody in this thread has dished out any malicious sentiments to the OP that the OP hasn't already displayed for her neighbors.

And Nice try btw. FREE EVENTUAL donuts. It still comes down to FREE digital goods that the OP didn't and won't pay real money for and doesn't actually own. As has been pointed out in other comments, the double-haunting feature is a legitimate component of the game --not a glitch-- and was likely included to encourage players to check for hauntings frequently. As has also been pointed out, if the OP and her defenders are really such sad people that they're concerned about their donut handout potential that they've already forsaken real life and play 24/7, double-haunting shouldn't be an issue. Thus, the OP herself closes the case on her own pettiness.

But yeah, go ahead and side with the OP. Send her a neighbor request and work on the "list" together.

Happy Tapping! Or Serious Tapping, if that's what you're into.

Now look at this:
    Whack job.......
    jaeger1169 wrote:
    Not sure if the OP is doing an amusing troll or if she is in serious need of psychological medication.

Along with a lot of comments trying to ridicule the OP, is actually quite malicious...

And even from the one saying no one is trying to be malicious, we have this one:
    the OP herself closes the case on her own pettiness

Where I am from, the quotes I listed, isn't exactly seen as compliments, they clearly have a malicious ring to them, espescially in this context...

@jacobjdevore: The other parts of your comment towards me was just totally off... do you know what you are actually writing? Of course she is loosing out in real cash, if she doesn't get as many donuts as she could get. Any active player during this Halloween could manage around 30K GOO I believe, which amounts to 30 free donuts. This is actually quite some donuts. To convert it to money it would be five minimum pay-out Golden Scratchers. So just for the fun of it, let's call it $5.

If you can play a game you love and even earn some money given a limited time period, I guess you'd play it alot in that time-segment (if you could). But to get the money, you need help from your neighbours. If your neighbour "sabotage" you in your effort, that is actually annoying. Granted $5 isn't that big of a deal, but I understand that some players has goals in every kind of game. During this event it's likely some people want to get as much GOO as they can, if it's donuts or not that drives them, I don't know. In other games, on xbox and ps3, many players are so-called trophy hunters. I think you can compare these things in this case.

What you say about free digital goods the OP hasn't paid for and therefore shouldn't feel sad about missing out on, is a really bad argument. The OP likely play this game much more than the casual gamer, and is likely someone paying alot of money. Any donut earned in-game, is real cash saved.

The OP is not petti for wanting to max out her potential in this game. You throw out assumptions intertwined with arguments as if that should make them any more valid. Unless you have facts, you run the risk of looking foolish instead. The next subpar argument is that anyone trying to max out their GOO potential doesn't have an irl life? Rubbish. I usually play this game in two or three stages during the day. During this event I log in a few times extra just for two or three minutes, to tap haunted buildings. It doesn't really take that much time from me. Never interferes with my personal life at all. I guess you must be really slow with your device then?

And why are you so obsessed about trying to give the OP a hard time for her personal opinion about how she likes to play her game? Yes, she didn't exactly come off as humble in her post, but you won't get to be the forumhero for "taking her down"...

Finally, you're actually giving me heat just for saying that I think the OP makes some valid points? Seems like you are one of those guys that feel like you're 9 feet tall and bulging with muscles when you're behind a computer screen. Ridiculous is what it is!
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited October 2013
    Can I change my origin login to frenemy?
  • obrienb183
    18 posts
    edited October 2013
    I've done it by accident a few times when trying to click a ghost in a town that happens to hover over a house that's haunted. I apologize to those people but I'm not making a habit of it.
  • opensimpson
    31 posts
    edited October 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    ohserin wrote:
    I don't think that strategy is a good way to figure out who is doing it. You could be deleting a perfectly innocent person who just didn't visit?

A lot of the people on my list don't visit every day, so it would be silly to assume that they are showing up and unhaunting my houses.

Then delete their behinds!!! Who needs them?! She's killing two birds with one stone this way.

I deleted all my friends who have <6000 goo last night because they clearly don't play enough.

If you release Grems into Friends cities, you better have friends which don't visit for four hours, no?

And by the way, I believe 6000 is not a parameter to say that one is not playing enough.

Let me explain: Let's say I've bought a lot of donuts. so I can generate a lot of Goo by accelerating the cemetary. I will quickly have over 6000. But does this mean I play a lot?

On the other hand, if I play a lot, I will maybe be around 6000 without soending donuts on cemetery.

Which one do you prefere in your neighbourhood?

• missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    Delete all your neighbours and see if it still happens :mrgreen:

LOL. :XD:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!