EA Forums - Banner

Getting pretty hard to unload gremlins...

Yeah, I occasionally run into this problem, too. I know people are trying to be nice by not catching gremlins, but it can actually be pretty frustrating. I've noticed a few of my friends will give me ten gremlins, presumably because I'm one of the few towns they've found that isn't full. (And how unfair would it be if I didn't squish any of them? One person out of a hundred would get the benefit.)

Of course, there are times when I run into the opposite problem and just don't have enough gremlins to go around. Feast or famine.

Replies

• Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2013
    This is why I wanted active friends. Its so hard to find. If you have been playing all year and would like a friend who logs on 20+ times every day add me. Learnedcynic Because I only have a handful of good neighbors and I'm always looking to improve my quality of friends.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I still can't see a pattern for how I earn gremlins to give away. I AM getting them, but not huge numbers. Getting one doesn't seem tied to a specific number of ghosts, or goo, or anything else. All of a sudden, my counter shows that I got one.

I notice certain times of day that the majority of friends have room for few, if any. But, as you said, it's really hit-or-miss much of the time.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    If you have been playing all year
    I'll add you in six months, then :wink:

Seriously, though, I sent you an invite. I'm on a few times a day and visit friends as often as I can.

I notice certain times of day that the majority of friends have room for few, if any.
    They're probably asleep, if that's the case.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have encountered the same problem almost everyday. Not much you can do about it since a lot of people sleep 8 hours a night and work 8 hours a day..only a short amount of time to play the game.
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I notice that as well and was wondering if others have the same problem. The cities are crowded and you can hardly return the favor of placing them. I was hopong having international players makes it easier, due to time offset and only 4h of gremlins being alive, but it doesnt make much of a difference.

So to everyone i have visited and not left a few gremlins: sorry, but your city was full. I actually dont really know how to get rid of mine.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I actually dont really know how to get rid of mine.

I often go back and check towns I've already visited hours before to see if I can drop a couple gremlins, and a lot of times I can. It's nice that you don't have to wait 24 hours to use gremlins, or it would be even tougher.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Probably because they are difficult to catch lol, i sqoosh gremlins every chance i get though
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited October 2013
    I had like 3 friends until I posted my username on here last week and within a few days I had 140+ friends requests. I could only accept 66 I think but I still never have a problem unloading gremlins since everyone here plays so much!
  • day2204
    94 posts
    edited October 2013
    Had the same issue, between my two accounts, it's evident these things don't really sync unless someone opens the game, so some towns aren't actually crowded with gremlins but they appear to be when you visit. It's quite annoying especially since I'd like to help people with lower goo counts...oh well
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    Adamcayce wrote:
    If you have been playing all year
    I'll add you in six months, then :wink:

Seriously, though, I sent you an invite. I'm on a few times a day and visit friends as often as I can.

I notice certain times of day that the majority of friends have room for few, if any.
    They're probably asleep, if that's the case.

I like your name and you can skip that rule because you are clearly an active player. I'm going to delete everybody with less than 6000 goo on my friends list because they obviously not clicking on their friends everyday so they aren't helping me. I have a good friendslist for the most part. :)
  • Micaela2409
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    I find that most of my friends dont' kill gremlins to be nice. Well... I kill every gremlin in sight. I like my SF to be ghost AND gremlin free. Sometimes it can be really difficult to drop gremlins...
  • Bindi Baji
    2 posts
    edited October 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    I like your name and you can skip that rule because you are clearly an active player. I'm going to delete everybody with less than 6000 goo on my friends list because they obviously not clicking on their friends everyday so they aren't helping me. I have a good friendslist for the most part. :)
    Bit of a hrash rule though. I have just short of 3000 goo but have been on friends everyday.
    Just don't have that many friends!
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2013
    Bindi Baji wrote:
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Bit of a hrash rule though. I have just short of 3000 goo but have been on friends everyday.
    Just don't have that many friends!

I thought of that- some just don't have enough friends. But I can't distinguish that from the slackers so it has to be this way unless someone PMs me telling me that is the case. Then I'd keep them on my friendlist!

But so far, half the ones with little goo haven't logged in in days, the other half I don't remember them haunting my town since the first day. That's not fair that I haunt theirs daily - and other active players get more goo than me because their friends are more active. I'm a hardworking citizen just like they are, so I need to take action to get the kind of goo count I have the same right to as anybody with 100 active friends.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.