EA Forums - Banner

Can we pleaseeee get a group move option EA??

I was JUST saying this to a friend. There's a few parts of my town that I love, but are just in the wrong spots, but I don't want to move them, cause I probably won't be able to get it exactly right again. A group move option would be great :D

Replies

• annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Amen to that! I have a group of my first, hard-working, stalwart, loyal 15 brown houses, from when i first started creating my SF. They're set up to look like a cluster of cabins nestled up right against the hills. Pine trees, etc. no streets, but what the heck. Campers don't need streets. (Right.)

But the spot starts down at the bottom left of SF, since that's where the game starts us out n the first levels. Now I want to slide that whole chunk of campgrounds -- scenery, houses and all -- away from the seashore, but still nestled in the "hills" further up the screen. Each house is spaced just the way I like it. theyre not all in one row, and the rows are offset from one another. each cabin's trees are just right, etc. Sounds stupid because in general the brown houses are ugly ducklings. But this group surprised me. I'm kinda proud of it. And way too nostalgic to just store them to make room for upscale neighborhoods for the seashore.

Sigh.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Let's go on a hunger strike like homer did until they give us this
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited October 2013
    Amen to that! I have a group of my first, hard-working, stalwart, loyal 15 brown houses, from when i first started creating my SF. They're set up to look like a cluster of cabins nestled up right against the hills. Pine trees, etc. no streets, but what the heck. Campers don't need streets. (Right.)

But the spot starts down at the bottom left of SF, since that's where the game starts us out n the first levels. Now I want to slide that whole chunk of campgrounds -- scenery, houses and all -- away from the seashore, but still nestled in the "hills" further up the screen. Each house is spaced just the way I like it. theyre not all in one row, and the rows are offset from one another. each cabin's trees are just right, etc. Sounds stupid because in general the brown houses are ugly ducklings. But this group surprised me. I'm kinda proud of it. And way too nostalgic to just store them to make room for upscale neighborhoods for the seashore.

Sigh.

I know where you're coming from. I'm the same way with a few parts of my Springfield. I would be interested to see your cabins tho, you should post in the showcase area :D
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    100% agreed. I'm currently moving Burns Manor, and I have a fairly complex fence/wall around it. I currently have half of it on the new plot of land while I save up for the next plot of land, because I wanted to make sure I had it set up the right way, and now I don't want to move it back. I had to count the little squares to make sure I had it right. It looks pretty dumb :(
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It's even worse because it is so hard to select the item you're moving. I know how to dim the buildings, so I "only" need to worry about nearby "decorations" but I really wish they had more subcategories ... If I have a shrub next to a fence (or, God forbid, a lamppost inside a fence corner near a tree), I go nuts trying to select the right object ... After four or five tries, I point to what I think MUST be the right place, and end up "selecting" the phone booth on the next block. It would help if we could filter out maybe "plant life" and "hard scape" and "specialty items".

I'll go have a look at the showcase thread again. As I recall, I understand the using photobucket images just fine. But a screen cap of my iPad screen? I'll go over to that thread to see how that happens.

(Annette scampers away to showcase threads.)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    +1!!!!!

This thread needs a bump to be seen.

We definitely need a group move feature. The easiest way would be to drag over the screen to draw a rectangle and eveything within it would be marked and could be moved as one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!