EA Forums - Banner

Bored of the game now that I've hit 10,000

It takes for ever to visit my 80 friends which I can better utilise doing other things with my life. Anyone else feel less inclined to play since they got all their prizes?

When Halloween is over I want to completely remodel my town, wish there was a selection tool to do it with tho.

Kinda... I don't rush to get goo like I did before. Yesterday it seemed like I barely attempted any at all, but at the end of the day I still earned about 800 or so. Which is still pretty good. I do love free donuts, so I will probably hard charge it this weekend.
Playing since Aug 2011

Replies

• smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    It takes for ever to visit my 80 friends which I can better utilise doing other things with my life. Anyone else feel less inclined to play since they got all their prizes?

When Halloween is over I want to completely remodel my town, wish there was a selection tool to do it with tho.

You are not alone.! I do feel ALOT less inclined to visit ALL 100 neighbors BUT I have made it a point to visit my neighbors who are not over the 10,000 Goo mark and leave them as many gremlins as their town will allow besides the three hauntings! And I am sorry to any new neighbors that I have friend requested or been a recipient of a request that I might not visit your town as much as I did before I collected my 10,000 goo. I deleted at least 48 people from my former friends list and added the same amount. But I am not very interested in collecting as much extra Goo so I can get 1 to 3 donuts. It's really not worth it to me &
    It's not that big a deal to me. And if you are my friend and you see this and you want to delete me because you are dead set on getting as much goo as you can then I understand. And I appreciate your time. Thank you.....

P.S. To any of my friends who read this. You all know that my town is not organized in any design. I am just starting a redesign so please bear with me. I have only just finished buying the land that is available towards the right side of the screen and have been waiting for that so I can design properly with my OCD!!!!
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It is a little hard to find the incentive to visit all 100 friends every day, but I'm still doing it as much as possible to help with the goo farming.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited October 2013
    This game is always boring and I almost never visit my neighbors. Even during events, I can only muster the bare minimum. I hate it.
  • heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree with you, and the incentive is even lower if the community clock is just fixed to release a prize every week as it appears to be. Although I'm still hoping that maybe there will be some chance that goo's can be cashed in at the end.
  • giselladyg52
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    Halloween has turned the game into more of a chore for me then a daily leisure.
    Absolutely hate visiting friends now
  • THRILLHO_2013
    30 posts
    edited October 2013
    I feel that they are giving us an opportunity to collect three donuts at least every two days by collecting 2000 goo...think I'd regret not putting the effort in when all is said and done after the event is over. My multiplier isn't as massive as alot of the folks on here and it seems like a good way to beef up on donuts for free. Maybe I can get enough to buy 30 of each multiplier item like the "legit" players do on these message boards without costing me a dime...woo woo woo you know it!
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    As I mentioned elsewhere, I really wish they had included some additional prizes at 25,000 and 50,000 GOO. I love doughnuts, but, I agree, it's a bit tedious visiting everyone (100). Still not as bad as WD, but some friends' towns are murder on my phone's performance, due to all the haunting animations.

Still, I do like getting my 3 bonus doughnuts each day. :) So far, I've earned almost 80 doughnuts from this event.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2013
    @brew- how do you manage to get 2000 goo each day !? i seem to be getting around 1400... 1700 on a good day..
  • thesimdeej33
    32 posts
    edited October 2013
    dont give up on it yet! We still have our community goal to work towards!
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I only hit the 10k mark yesterday but not going to stop visiting neighbours regularly (yet). Its a totally different feeling to be done with the prizes with so much of the event to go (with WD I struggled like mad). Possibly they have gone a little too far the other way but I'd rather that than the hell that was WD. Also seems a but odd that one of the community prizes to come us a ghost bomb looking thing which we wont get until most would have passed the 10k mark.

One way that might help keep you interested is to think of the donuts earned with each 2k goo as a fund to go towards more halloween prizes while they are still available.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I dunno, I like getting the bonus donuts. I also like to visit the friends that don't have 10000 yet and dropping them gremlins. I try to visit my whole friendlist consistently, even when goo wasn't a thing. Not only do I like tagging buildings (and such) but I like the extra cashflow.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited October 2013
    Rickydevil wrote:
    @brew- how do you manage to get 2000 goo each day !? i seem to be getting around 1400... 1700 on a good day..

It just keeps adding up that way each day, even though it seems like it should be less. I visit everyone, double-haunt a little bit to friends who don't visit often, tap 6 ghosts whenever I can, catch all the gremlins in my town, and have most of my characters on GOO tasks unless they're in the middle of event quests. I should be able to finally put Homer, Lisa, and Monty on permanent GOO quests pretty soon, as I'm in the home stretch with respect to quests.

I must also credit my friends, as most of them visit me everyday.

I'm on a doughnut mission, as I'd like to add at least the Cemetery and Kodos before this is all over.
  • fuzznugget77
    1028 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I feel the same, but the free donuts are giving me an insentive to carry for now
  • fishing4x4203
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    Yep still playing visit my friends each day even if iv got over 1200 goo. Keep tapping people 8)
  • ramonr67
    13 posts
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    This game is always boring and I almost never visit my neighbors. Even during events, I can only muster the bare minimum. I hate it.

No one is forcing you to play. If you hate it quit.
    I like the game and found Halloween great
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    ramonr67 wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

No one is forcing you to play. If you hate it quit.
    I like the game and found Halloween great

Actually, *I* am forcing him to play. He knows what will happen if he doesn't check into his game at least once every 24 hours.
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    The only incentive really is the free donuts u can get for every 2000 goos collected. I think it's still worth while.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    Then why are you playing? Merely to put other players down on the forums, it seems.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!