EA Forums - Banner

I'm stuck :(

have you tried storing marge and taking her back out? i've seen that work for similar situations with other characters.

Replies

• bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited October 2013
    ninjaqutie wrote:
    I need your ideas! I'm stuck on the Halloween task. I need the guilded truffle for the task, but the quest to build the restaurant won't start, so I can't even build it. I'm well beyond level 16. I did some research and saw the track needed to be built, so I did that and finished all associated tasks. Marge just won't begin the new quest. I've left them both free for a while and I've tried sending them on small (3-4 hours or less) tasks thinking it might trigger, but no luck. I really want to finish this storyline to get the tent and my donuts!!! Please help! Do I also need the hair salon? :(
    If you look online, google like tsto task, you'll find everything you need. Almost always I was way ahead level wise b4 the quest got prompted. So check to see what else you need to do. May not have anything to do with the characters you think ( in order wise)

Level 35
    Playing for over a year
  • homersimpleton
    71 posts
    edited October 2013
    You got plenty of time. Just wait for your characters to get free again. Somebody else might trigger the Truffle.
  • ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    bren1960 wrote:
    If you look online, google like tsto task, you'll find everything you need. Almost always I was way ahead level wise b4 the quest got prompted. So check to see what else you need to do. May not have anything to do with the characters you think (in order wise)

I already searched the tasks needed to trigger this. That's how I knew I needed to have the track done. I think I will try storing Marge though and see if that works. Thanks everyone.
  • joejoe1731
    16 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm having the same problem with the hospital.. I've done everything I need but it just won't let me start the quest
  • genegenie82
    155 posts
    edited October 2013
    At last someone stuck like me......my downs are built and sod the hair salon all that triggered was the police station. The hair salon finished earlier and that's just triggered the itchy and scratchy store but alas I know that's Squidport based so nothing to do with the gilded truffle. I too have tried leaving the main characters doing nothing for 6hrs but alas nothing triggered, tried storing and taking out but to no avail so I too am stuck as stuck can be.
  • genegenie82
    155 posts
    edited October 2013
    Plus I can't get my hospital either :-(
  • joejoe1731
    16 posts
    edited October 2013
    I just stored my cooling towers visited a friends town and then replaced my cooling towers and mr burns was promoted to do a dr task. Hoping when this is done it will trigger the hospital
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    If you are stuck with the quest line then look at the walkthru in the guides section. Find who triggers the task you need then store the building they came with in your inventory then place it back. This should restart your quests.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    As other have suggested, check a walkthrough like the one here:

http://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_quests#Level_5-9

It could be something small like forgetting to place a shrub or a barrier and there are plenty of quests where you have to make a character perform the same task multiple times.
  • ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    At last someone stuck like me......my downs are built and sod the hair salon all that triggered was the police station. The hair salon finished earlier and that's just triggered the itchy and scratchy store but alas I know that's Squidport based so nothing to do with the gilded truffle. I too have tried leaving the main characters doing nothing for 6hrs but alas nothing triggered, tried storing and taking out but to no avail so I too am stuck as stuck can be.

I triggered the police station as well. :/ I am still lost and looking at the guides have been no help at all. Hopefully, I will become "unstuck" sometime soon. As of now, I can't even log into the game because it keeps crashing. We will see if things get better by days end. :mrgreen: Hope things have changed for you!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I've seen with my second town and have helped others with issues with quests. If a character has 2 active quests, they will NOT trigger a new one until one is completed. The only exception is Homer, which can have many quests. If they triggered a different quest, it seems to count as one of theirs. So clear out the task book for quests they triggered.

The guide has the triggers listed, so just complete those quests and try to time it that when it completes that character will trigger the quest you want.
  • ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I've seen with my second town and have helped others with issues with quests. If a character has 2 active quests, they will NOT trigger a new one until one is completed. The only exception is Homer, which can have many quests. If they triggered a different quest, it seems to count as one of theirs. So clear out the task book for quests they triggered.

The guide has the triggers listed, so just complete those quests and try to time it that when it completes that character will trigger the quest you want.

That worked. Thanks a TON
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.