EA Forums - Banner

Limited items from last years Thanksgiving and Christmas event...

Prev1

Replies

• sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited October 2013
  • allnghtr
    103 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'd really like to know too :lol:

I have a few donuts left (I gave in and bought an itunes gift card...) and I got everything I coveted (reasonably, I didn't get all the Halloween premiums, mostly just stuff I missed last year like the cemetery, the House of Evile, etc..) but I might save what I have left for Thanksgiving maybe?? ...or am I gonna crack and get another iTunes gift card then and maybe get Booberella now... hmm... I like her...
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited October 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

This link does only provide decorations, weren't there any characters or skins of interest?
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Guys, no posting links to unofficial sites. But, in summary:

Decorations:
    Holiday Tree: 75Donuts
    100px-Holiday_Tree.png

Reindeer: 20Donuts
    100px-Reindeer.png

Building Skins:
    Christmas Simpson House • Christmas Flanders House • Christmas Brown House • Christmas Cletus's Farm • Christmas Purple House • Christmas Blue House • Christmas Van Houten House • Christmas Pink House • Christmas White House • Christmas Willie's Shack • Christmas Orange House • Christmas Muntz House • Christmas Krabappel Apartment • Christmas Volcano Lair •

Santa's Village: 200Donuts (with Santa Homer skin)

Then there was also Barney's Bowlarama, Try'n'Save, 3xFunzos, Santa's Little Helper and Mapple Store. All of them except the Mapple Store are still available for donuts.
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    What about Mr. Plow? Did he come with a building or quest?
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited October 2013
    I hope the raindeer come back, they are exactly what's missing from my forrest area
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013

The Mr Plow skin for Homer came in January. Along with 5 snowmen, Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa & Maggie.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2013

Yes, Mr. Plow was an additional Homer Skin, and I think he cost 80 donuts, but I may be wrong. I did not purchase the skin myself. In fact, I believe he is one of the rarest items in the game that has been purchased. But he definitely came with a whole new sets of tasks, just like all the other skins do. You can see some of the photos in the guide of his outdoor tasks. He also helped you to earn Santa Coins quicker I believe because of the tasks he had.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    bradyc79 wrote:

Yes, Mr. Plow was an additional Homer Skin, and I think he cost 80 donuts, but I may be wrong. I did not purchase the skin myself. In fact, I believe he is one of the rarest items in the game that has been purchased. But he definitely came with a whole new sets of tasks, just like all the other skins do. You can see some of the photos in the guide of his outdoor tasks. He also helped you to earn Santa Coins quicker I believe because of the tasks he had.

He couldn't have earned Santa coins....didn't he get released after Christmas finished? Maybe I'm mistaken....
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2013
    Hi, can someone be so kind as to make a complete list of limited items from last years Thanksgiving and Christmas events? Preferably with the donuts costs from then. That would be of great help to see about how many donuts I'd need to get those items this year. (I don't believe all of the come back, but most of them).

I'm sure there must be other than me that would appreaciate a list like that.

Thanks in advance!

I started playing during Thanksgiving of last year. I know that one of the limited time items from Thanksgiving was originally Fat Tony, which they later added to the actual story line and level up. So Fat Tony is obviously no longer limited time. Besides him, I believe the only other Thanksgiving items were the large balloons. Three of the five balloons were bought with in game cash when I joined. Those were the Blinky balloon, Scratchy balloon, and Santa's Little Helper balloon. The other 2 balloons cost donuts and were the Itchy Balloon and the Snowball balloon. I cannot remember the exact cost of these balloons, but I think they were like $10K, $20K, and $30K, for the in game cash balloons. I have also read that when Thanksgiving was first release you could actually buy all five balloons with in game cash, but then 2 were later changed to donuts. But I cannot confirm this. I joined towards the end of the event and was barely able to buy the 3rd balloon because it took me a long time to earn $30K when you are just starting out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • philieb
    930 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    bradyc79 wrote:
    Hi, can someone be so kind as to make a complete list of limited items from last years Thanksgiving and Christmas events? Preferably with the donuts costs from then. That would be of great help to see about how many donuts I'd need to get those items this year. (I don't believe all of the come back, but most of them).

I'm sure there must be other than me that would appreaciate a list like that.

Thanks in advance!

I started playing during Thanksgiving of last year. I know that one of the limited time items from Thanksgiving was originally Fat Tony, which they later added to the actual story line and level up. So Fat Tony is obviously no longer limited time. Besides him, I believe the only other Thanksgiving items were the large balloons,

I need that Itchy balloon!!! I would even buy 2 this year if I can put one in KL!!! :)
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    bradyc79 wrote:

He couldn't have earned Santa coins....didn't he get released after Christmas finished? Maybe I'm mistaken....

Thanks guys - how ever he was released last year, I hope he's available again this year. :)
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    bradyc79 wrote:

No I think you are correct when I think about it. He was released after Christmas, but before the snow was taken away. I guess during the month of January before we got the Valentine's Day events is when Mr. Plow was released. Maybe another reason why so few people purchased him, because we were all cashed out from X-mas.

So I guess he may not be released again since he is not actually part of X-mas anyway.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited October 2013
    Thanks mwdalton and bradyc79 for summarizing all items from last years Christmas and Thanksgiving update! :)

EDIT: Typo in name, sorry Brady...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks mwdalton and bradyc75 for summarizing all items from last years Christmas and Thanksgiving update! :)

No worries :wink:

I'll be interested to see how they deal with the Christmas lights this year...how to balance between old and new players...hopefully all the new buildings get lights, too.
  • Mous3Pad
    10 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Thanks mwdalton and bradyc75 for summarizing all items from last years Christmas and Thanksgiving update! :)

I'll be interested to see how they deal with the Christmas lights this year...how to balance between old and new players...hopefully all the new buildings get lights, too.

Yeah thanks again :)

I was wondering that too, I managed to snag all the Christmas skins for the houses last year so really interested to see what they introduce this time. Looking forward to a snowy town though :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Mous3Pad wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Yeah thanks again :)

I was wondering that too, I managed to snag all the Christmas skins for the houses last year so really interested to see what they introduce this time. Looking forward to a snowy town though :lol:

I was snow-blind by the end of it :lol:
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'm just happy it doesn't seem like Thanksgiving and Christmas will have that many items I'd be willing to spend donuts on, atleast not the old stuff... Because this Halloween became a bit expensive, and I'm not sure I'm finished getting that stuff yet... :oops:

Though if EA introduce alot of new content worth donuts, that I'd like, I will have some trouble getting them... Oh well, if I really get tempted, I'll get them I guess... :roll:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if the mansions will get Christmas lights? That would look sweet!

I'm still a bit disappointed we didn't get Halloween decoration skins for the houses :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!