EA Forums - Banner

Money, Money, Money!!!

Prev1
I've never had a farm & never will. The best you can do if you have a lot of time is to set characters on 4hr jobs & come back after they're done, collect, rinse & repeat. The more characters & buildings you have, the more money you will get.
It's gets better as you level up obviously because you unlock more & more. Also, by having premium decorations that increase you're multiplier will help out as well. Because it gives you more money for everything

Replies

• empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Housing farming is ugly, I don't do it but I understand why people would. You just have to grind it out, quicker tasks, check up and collect rent frequently.
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Is farming ideal? No. But it's the fastest and least time consuming way to make money. I personally don't have time to check every 4 hrs for character missions. I check Simpsons when I wake up and when I go to bed. That give enough time for the houses to regenerate. Obviously they aren't permanent, but I want the land and I want the expensive buildings.
  • jettsmom98
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I have 10 purple houses. I am planning to set them up as a neighborhood soon. I also bought extra houses (all different) and made a new neighborhood. I sent my characters on 4 hour tasks. I didn't buy decorations and only bought land as needed. In between updates I would add cheap decor here and there. I still don't have all the land and only buying as needed. Patience is key. If it's not a limited time item I bought it when I could. Also, don't forget about Cletus' house. You can get $$$ for planting crops And also the news station can broadcast too for $$$.
  • genegenie82
    155 posts
    edited October 2013
    I try and set my characters off on hourly tasks, I have numerous brown houses but not a farm as I'm guaranteed cash whenever I check in. At the moment with an hourly tasks set up I can get a nice tidy profit of just over $2100 every hour. Also means I can climb up in the xp and level up too. It's also beneficial to visit friends every day and stick at it, you gain cash off them too :-)
  • swientjes
    276 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Personally I hate house farming. I like it when a Springfield is actually build.

I never farmed, take your time and grow steadily that would be my advice
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited October 2013
    Well, I think it was an advantage to start back when I did, over a year ago, because I only had to keep up with the latest update. It's a lot harder for people starting now. So, I feel your pain. Having said that, I did have around 20 or so brown houses for a while but I really hated it and felt that I wasn't checking in as much as I should to make it truly profitable. I got rid of them after a few weeks and am much happier. I hate the cluttered towns and tree farms, although I don't hold it against people. It's just a game and really making a nice Springfield takes a lot of time, time some might not want to spend.

If you don't want a house farm, the best thing you can do is make sure your characters are always doing jobs. Even though I have 1.3 million, I still make sure everyone is working. Usually I have everyone do 4 hour jobs during the day and an 8 hour job at night. But if you have more time to check in, one hour jobs are great. The money really adds up quickly. Only buy land when you need to expand. There's no reason to have a bunch if empty land if you are having a hard time keeping up with quest buildings. Always do the scratcher, it's guaranteed that you will not lose money. Don't waste time on the dog races. For as long as I have had the game, I have never won it even once. Once you get Krustylsnd, if you don't already have it, always pop balloons. You may get doughnuts, I did once, and extra tickets can be turned into cash once the quest is finished.

Finally, if you don't have 100 friends, get them. If you have the time to visit them all, you can make a lot of money. I don't know the exact way it works, but I think if you have more stars in your town you can get more money per visit of your neighbors. I'm sure some awesome person on this forum can explain how that works. I think I make 15 dollars per tap, and with 3 visits per neighbor that's 45 times 100 neighbors is 4500 every 24 hours. It is time consuming but worth it to help build up your cash reserves plus it helps your friends.

I hope that helps. I can't really think of anything else but others may have some suggestions. Good luck to you!
  • ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    Thanks everyone. It sounds like I may be in for a slow and painful climb if I want towns like yours. 8)
  • edited October 2013
    My advice: Blue Houses...

It might be ugly to have more than 3 or 5 but for me it was the best decision I could make to build 30 Blue Houses as a start. They don't need that much space and if you keep them in an edge they won't disturb your game...

Farming may be not as beautiful as some would wish it but without spending real money and the missing possibility to log in every 4 hours... there is no other way. Normally I check the game also when I wake up and before I go to bed - with a little timing I can get all the 12-hour tasks - and trust me with now over 400 White Houses I never have a problem with Level-Ups or buying the new buildings with the next update AND I earn Donuts at least once a week...
  • genegenie82
    155 posts
    edited October 2013
    I have seen one neighbourhood that is at a level 32...they have all the buildings and huge house farms, nothing is placed with strategy and for some bizarre reason they've fenced all their characters into a square box. Just makes me cringe when I visit it.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    I think the core issue is everyone wants stuff yesterday. The money comes when you play. If you can't play you don't get the most money.

1. The shorter the tasks, the more you repeat those tasks, the most money you can get. 24 1 hour tasks gets more cash than 1 24 hour task. So you need to make sure you are tasking all characters with little to 0 idle time.

2. Premium characters/building assist more than bonus %. Spend donuts on characters, you get more daily cash than a minor increase per % bonus. Buy up the cheap characters (Squeaky Voiced Teen, Hans, Bumblebee Man, Kearny, Otto, etc)

The little things can help:

3. Have numerous friends, visit daily

4. Complete the tasks - you may only get $100 per task, but still try to keep the task book empty.

5. Have a 5 star town - more buildings also generate more daily income for collecting in addition to the free 5% bonus to all buildings and tasks with 5 stars.

6. Utilize Cletus's farm, Channel 6. Some forget to assign a task here. Pick the one that fits your characters task. Missing the 4 hour/12 hour/24 hour task at Channel 6? Invest in that premium item, this is a premium task for this building.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    There's nothing that says you can't start out with a little house farming to raise cash and level up quickly and then sell the houses later on when you get into the decorating stage. I had about 15 brown houses when I started because they were all I could afford and then sold them when my town was generating enough cash on its own.

You will also need more houses than the game requires you to build as you level up and your rating requirements are higher to get the bonuses.

If you're not playing under a strict "no cash policy" there are various premium items and characters which will permanently increase your cash payout above the regular amount.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited October 2013
    I farm blue houses, but I stopped caring what people think of me a long time ago. I have really built anything or bought any land since the holiday event started, and now I have 3mil.

Either way, there's something you should know: Quest related buildings will increase in price as you level up, non-quest buildings will DECREASE in price as you level up. Focus on building anything that will get you a character, or is related to a quest, and leave the rest for another day.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2013
    I house farmed until I felt I had sufficient reserves of cash. Tbh I have no problem with it (although some clearly do). New levels are so expensive and if you don't do 1hr tasks saving takes weeks.
    What I did was put the farm on the edge (it was 25/30 blue) and design the rest of my town. Towns that are just houses, or a full screen of houses on the landing zone are just ugly! The idea of neighbours is for inspiration, if I find a town boring (either farming or not) they get deleted :wink:
  • ninjaqutie
    124 posts
    edited October 2013
    Keep the tips coming guys! :D I think I'm leaning towards tapping my screen until it breaks over farming (just because I don't find that aesthetically pleasing). I didn't know about the news station until you all mentioned that, so I will have to save up for that after Halloween and I will have to start KL too so I can pop some balloons! I've been holding off on building that.
  • Micaela2409
    74 posts
    edited October 2013
    I really dislike housefarms. I have some blue and purple houses but they look like neighbourhoods.
    I got my SVT in one of the early mistery boxes and I realized that it makes a big difference having premium characters. So I played a couple of golden tickets and I hit the jackpot so I bought molesman and some multipliers. And be patient. When you progress you will get money faster and faster.
  • mdelliott13
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    The secret is patience. I've never house farmed, I played often, and have been playing since Jan. of this year and I currently have 13 million. Patience.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    One-time short-term farmer. think of it as, in real life, you may live in a cheap apartment for a while so you can save up to move into something better.

10 blue houses. Keep them only for 90 days, way off to the edge, then sell them back.

Initial expense-- $18,000
    Daily take if visit every 8 hours = 4,500
    90 day take if visit every 8 hours = $405,000

Daily take if visit every 12 hour = $3,000
    90-day take if visit every 12 hours = $270,000

Amount you get back when you sell them back = $4,500

They pay for themselves after just 4 days,btw. After the first four days, it's all gravy.

You WILL need to put off other pleasures since you need to buy the land to put them on. But the land is forever, and a one-time expense. you get THAT money back 100% when you free up that land by selling back the houses, and you can afford to buy some nice buildings to put in their place with the money you saved in your "cheap apartment"

Don't know about you, but $400,000 sounds like a decent profit in return for putting off gratification for 90 days. A lot of the springfield buildings cost in the region of $40,000 to $50,000, and in return for your temporary embarrassment, you can buy a whole bunch of 'em. The temporary farm WILL tie up some land for a while, and your Springfield wont exactly be a gated community :wink::wink:

If you don't want to do the big square solid block of houses, string them end-to-end all around the perimeter of your Springfield.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited October 2013
    I probably spent 3 or so months to get to the max level when i started. (Wich was then 24), just don't bother rushing anything. It's supposed to take months to get there and it will. Thats one of the reasons why i love this game.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2013
    Playing devils advocate..... investin some donuts and buy some bonus boosters...... getting all uour stars near 5will get all your jobs to pay up to 5% more.... but if you can afford to buy donuts, the best you can do is 20 donuts per 1% boost. A 50% boost means every payout you get willbe 1.5 times higher! Doesnt sound much but a $420 task will actually pay $550 (approx) :D
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited October 2013
    I didn't mean speedig up tasks etc by rushing. Was thinking of house farms etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.