EA Forums - Banner

Gremlins

4 hours and next time please use the search function.

Replies

• beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    You get the goo after 4hrs, but they dont disappear for you until the person logs in so you cant just repeatedly dump gremlins in an abandoned springfield.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:

Not true. Last night I checked a half an hour early and the Gremlins were gone from my side town. It's at least 3.5 hours, maybe less.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:

Not true. Last night I checked a half an hour early and the Gremlins were gone from my side town. It's at least 3.5 hours, maybe less.

Well according to everyone else on this forum and all the FAQs it is 4 hours. You must be the exception of the rule, thus making it the rule.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:

Honestly, I'm really curious ... And do not mean this to be confrontational. my question is based on total frustration with the search box on this forum. (I am assuming that our four-hour standard is correct. All I want is to find THAT using the search function

Could you please go to the search box and find the answer to that question, and come back to let me know what search term or search string I should have used back when I also did not know that?

Also, and this is a question not directed solely at you, what search words should people have used to find out the maximum number of friends/neighbors?

Please don't give an answer until you have tried a phrase for yourself, and let me know that it actually worked in finding the answer. I'll take you at your word., because I have tried repeatedly to find ANY help with this search engine. On ANY topic. The search box has proven to ME to be horrendous. A total joke.

I really appreciate any help. Acccccccckkkkkkk.

Annette :cry:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It was an interesting challenge I just typed in Gremlins; whole bunch of post came up. Not only did it have my response of 4 hours and other factors but several others.

Personally It is nice to know the search is there but I think this is the first time I used it.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    It was an interesting challenge I just typed in Gremlins; whole bunch of post came up. Not only did it have my response of 4 hours and other factors but several others.

Personally It is nice to know the search is there but I think this is the first time I used it.

Aha! I bet we were using two different search boxes. The one I have been using is a text-box field right next to the "new topic" button on the "Game Discussion" page. When I typed gremlins there, I did find your answer, on the fourth page of results, but with no context. That is, I saw a header/topic gremlins, and then the words 4 hours. Obviously that would have triggered that as the answer, but that search box gives me no way of sorting in any order ... Hence, yours was on page 4, even though listings on page 2 included some from October 1st, etc.

THEN I discovered that link up at the top of this page (Annette points, excitedly because she has No Life) that says "search" and takes me to a much nicer search spot where I can --among other astoundingly advanced features (rolls eyes) SORT BY DATE!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!

(Shucks. I had posed a further challenge just now, but tested it using the more advanced search feature, and found the answer ....)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes, the search link next to 'My Profile' is much better.

A lot of the time, though, it's just easier to ask the question :lol:
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I rather answer the question and give my personal spin and brilliant reportage on a topic than have you search. plus it bumps up my post count :D
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited October 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:

Honestly, I'm really curious ... And do not mean this to be confrontational. my question is based on total frustration with the search box on this forum. (I am assuming that our four-hour standard is correct. All I want is to find THAT using the search function

Could you please go to the search box and find the answer to that question, and come back to let me know what search term or search string I should have used back when I also did not know that?

Also, and this is a question not directed solely at you, what search words should people have used to find out the maximum number of friends/neighbors?

Please don't give an answer until you have tried a phrase for yourself, and let me know that it actually worked in finding the answer. I'll take you at your word., because I have tried repeatedly to find ANY help with this search engine. On ANY topic. The search box has proven to ME to be horrendous. A total joke.

I really appreciate any help. Acccccccckkkkkkk.

Annette :cry:

I tried "gremlin time limit" on the first try and got nothing. Then I tried "gremlin expiration limit" and got the answer. It took me about 30 to 45 seconds to find it and I used the box you are talking about.
    This may be a bit off topic, but I had a course in online searching at university. It was mainly on finding scientific papers, but the priciples apply here as well. You have to predict the wording that will most likely be used in regards of what you are searching for. This can be difficult at times, I must admit.
    Plus there is a section on this forum called "FAQs and Guides" where you would have been able to find a sticky post on top of page one containing all the information on the halloween update. Actually you might be able to find your answer more easily using the search function over there.

Edit: I just tried "gremlin" only in the search box and got the gremlin guide as the first topic.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I rather answer the question and give my personal spin and brilliant reportage on a topic than have you search. plus it bumps up my post count :D

lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!