EA Forums - Banner

Should I delete my friends?

Having that many friends will definitely affect the game's performance and can cause the crashing issues you have experienced. Another consideration - do you actually have time to visit that many people every day?

Replies

• a308936
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    I just deleted a few and am now at 99. I can't always visit everyday, but I like to option to on my freer days or on my days off. I've start deleting farmers... I'm no longer in a rush to further the game. I guess I'm starting to choose my friends? Heheh I've notice the game is already smoother.

For anyone out there who are already my friends, I'd LOVE feedback on my town's design. If you're curious.. lemme know. I have a feeling after the farmers are weeded out, I can add some more friends again.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Keep it under 100 if you don't want problems, I'd say. I've slowly replaced any boring farmers or dullards with peeps from this board and now my trips into the neighbourhood are more like sightseeing tours (with a little vandalism thrown in). Of course, those big towns make my whole game a little crashy, but to be honest I think it's worth it.
  • a308936
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I've slowly replaced any boring farmers or dullards with peeps from this board and now my trips into the neighbourhood are more like sightseeing tours (with a little vandalism thrown in).

I think I might start doing the same thing once I get my current friends list more situated. So look out in a few days, people... :P
  • adruralo
    3290 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    It's very surprising how many invites you get, I get invites daily. Sometimes invites I get are not people who visits these boards, or at least don't post.
    I have never added my name to add me threads, and I don't visit other Simpson tapped out forums.
    But the invites keep coming daily.
    My experience is, and this is not necessarily everyone's experience, but the more you get involved and the more posts you make the more invites you get.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 13 Blue.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    a308936 wrote:
    I just deleted a few and am now at 99. I can't always visit everyday, but I like to option to on my freer days or on my days off. I've start deleting farmers... I'm no longer in a rush to further the game. I guess I'm starting to choose my friends? Heheh I've notice the game is already smoother.

For anyone out there who are already my friends, I'd LOVE feedback on my town's design. If you're curious.. lemme know. I have a feeling after the farmers are weeded out, I can add some more friends again.

You know, Peter Geenen posted pics of his favorite Springfields in this thread:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/105/9043305.page#25823319

and one town had over 100 blue houses. Yattzilla, I think. Town is gorgeous as he or she managed to position the houses in such a way that they contributed positively to the town's beauty. So farming doesn't have to be reviled so. I do notice that a308936 modified his or her description with "boring" which is perhaps more a comment on unimaginative farming?
  • maryblanca1
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Once I hit the higher levels, I deleted all the inactive players from my friends list plus those with Springfields I didn't enjoy looking at. I'm lucky to have in my list some of the prettiest towns, now I can spend more time visiting those and getting inspiration to make mine better rather than hitting towns quickly just for the money and XPs.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.