EA Forums - Banner

Posting images

You have to be promoted to an origin account in order for the images to show up, and to use other BB codes, have an avatar etc.

You get promoted by "significant contribution to the forum", so if you post around on other threads, give people advice on problems, you will get a mail from ea saying you're promoted (mine was at around 60 posts, after 1 month registered)

Replies

• Lloydy68
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    gazzajay wrote:
    You have to be promoted to an origin account in order for the images to show up, and to use other BB codes, have an avatar etc.

You get promoted by "significant contribution to the forum", so if you post around on other threads, give people advice on problems, you will get a mail from ea saying you're promoted (mine was at around 60 posts, after 1 month registered)

And when you are promoted how do you post images ??
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Lloydy68 wrote:

You upload your image to a host like photobucket or auplod (there are many). You will get a link to your image. Copy that link, and place it between image tags. Like this, yourlink .

Have a look at the top of this reply, and you will see the quote-tags. I disabled BB code, so that you can see them.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Same message, but with BB code enabled, and an image of Homer.
    Lloydy68 wrote:

You upload your image to a host like photobucket or auplod (there are many). You will get a link to your image. Copy that link, and place it between image tags. Like this, 250px-Evolution_of_Homer.jpg .

Have a look at the top of this reply, and you will see the quote-tags. I enabled BB code, so that you can not see them.
  • Javii420
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    I just got promoted so I guess u can do it with less post count, just make ur post worth it
  • Kavilesa
    42 posts
    edited November 2012
    Javii420 wrote:
    I just got promoted so I guess u can do it with less post count, just make ur post worth it

The same to me, promoted today with 28 posts.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm at 51 now and no email or promotion... hmm.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • estherhauber
    59 posts
    edited January 2013
    How do you know if you have been promoted? When I go to my profile, I can add an avatar, which I did. I can also quote things and have them show up properly when I preview the post, but when I actually post, the avatar and the tags are still there instead of the blue quote box. Any advice?
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited January 2013
    How do you know if you have been promoted? When I go to my profile, I can add an avatar, which I did. I can also quote things and have them show up properly when I preview the post, but when I actually post, the avatar and the tags are still there instead of the blue quote box. Any advice?

You get a pm from 'the system' saying you have been promoted. And in terms of the avatar and previews, I'm guessing it does this to give you an idea what it's like after being promoted. I was also able to add an avatar before I was promoted, though it doesn't show up in posts
  • estherhauber
    59 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much! I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much! I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

No probs :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!