EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Christmas IDEAS

Prev1
I want more decorations. Last year we got two and both were premium, though they actually were given to us. I'd also like it to be as stress free as the Halloween event. I was required to visit too many people last year, half of the time camping at the Simpson house, waiting for the coin to respawn.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    I want more decorations. Last year we got two and both were premium, though they actually were given to us. I'd also like it to be as stress free as the Halloween event. I was required to visit too many people last year, half of the time camping at the Simpson house, waiting for the coin to respawn.

Haha, that got old, fast

I hope we get Springfield Mall; our residents have got to start their X-mas shopping! It's already October, for X's sake! :twisted:
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to see Springfield Concert Hall with a Montgomery Burns State Prison skin!

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Montgomery_Burns_State_Prison
    101 posts
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

Haha, that got old, fast

I hope we get Springfield Mall; our residents have got to start their X-mas shopping! It's already October, for X's sake! :twisted:
    The springfield mall could be a sort of krustyland place?
    With you designing your mall & unlocking shops
  • skippermeh
    296 posts
    edited October 2013
    I would quite like to see some sort of advent calender thing. (I dont know if they did this last year) but the player could get a misery box every day until christmas
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

Haha, that got old, fast

Now Dalton, that is a great idea. But they should start the building of the mall on Thanksgiving and have a "black friday" event (don't make it too long other than logging in as people will be out shopping and not playing). That would also be a good time to introduce Krusty's father as it also coincides with Hanukah.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

Haha, that got old, fast

Now Dalton, that is a great idea. But they should start the building of the mall on Thanksgiving and have a "black friday" event (don't make it too long other than logging in as people will be out shopping and not playing). That would also be a good time to introduce Krusty's father as it also coincides with Hanukah.

I think both are great ideas - the mall and starting on thanksgiving for Black Friday. I think the x-mas update should be as stress-free as Halloween has been, but I also like a little bit of the grind. I feel like I really accomplished something. So, I think we should have a Black Friday mini event. And a SERIOUS grind at that. Like maybe 16 (or dare I say 20?) one-hour sequential shopping tasks at the mall in that 24 hours. Complete all the shopping tasks, and maybe get something little like a little black wreath, or a different skin for Homer's house. No major gift since, as Bret stated, many may not be playing on Black Friday. But I still think this mini event would be GREAT! I'd be all over it!
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I do actually like your idea of setting maybe 12 or 16 one hour tasks

or how about this:

The twelve days of Christmas, each day with a special task (with Homer/us having to find and collect the actual items from the 12 days of Christmas, like day one we have to visit our friends and find one partridge in their SF's, day 2 we would have to find 2 turtle doves and 1 partridge). Then if we collect all the items we get a prize/skin/something?
  • antpants7
    375 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Well my expectations of this Christmas just went through the roof!

+900 for the Springfield Mall/Black Friday lead-up :D
  • antpants7
    375 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    The twelve days of Christmas, each day with a special task (with Homer/us having to find and collect the actual items from the 12 days of Christmas, like day one we have to visit our friends and find one partridge in their SF's, day 2 we would have to find 2 turtle doves and 1 partridge). Then if we collect all the items we get a prize/skin/something?

That would be freakin awesome!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    I do actually like your idea of setting maybe 12 or 16 one hour tasks

or how about this:

I'll be greedy and say we Ned both! The Black Friday mini event could be part of Thanksgiving, 12 Days of X-Mas part of the X-Mas event. I really like the 12 Days idea, but EA would need to be careful how they do it though as it could be a serious grind. If we only get single items, like 1 drummer, from one neighborino's town, we would need to collect from over 70 towns by the 12th day. If we could collect the group of items, like all 12 drummers from one town, then we'd only need to collect from 12 towns by the 12th day and it would be much less of a grind.

Overall some great ideas in this thread! I hope EA is listening and it's not too late!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

Haha, that got old, fast

Oh yeah! Complete with angel skeleton.

If not a mall, then at least a Costingtons.

I hope they bring some of the Christmas items back from last year, especially the Homer Santa and Mr. Plow skins.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    madfish86 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    dromtsul wrote:

Haha, that got old, fast

Oh yeah! Complete with angel skeleton.

If not a mall, then at least a Costingtons.

I hope they bring some of the Christmas items back from last year, especially the Homer Santa and Mr. Plow skins.

actually the Angel Skelton would be a great prize to get on Black Friday for sending Lisa/Ned/Marge on tasks to find what the bones mean after say Homer or Bart find the bones
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited October 2013
    I love all the ideas here! Especially Springfield mall I've been wanting that for awhile.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    madfish86 wrote:

Wasn't Barney free last year? Since they set the precedent of giving Kang again this year, does anyone think they'll throw android players another bone and give Barney again?
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    madfish86 wrote:

Wasn't Barney free last year? Since they set the precedent of giving Kang again this year, does anyone think they'll throw android players another bone and give Barney again?

Highly doubt it as he is currently offered for donuts to purchase. Kang was not offered throughout the year leading up to Halloween 2013
  • jimbean82
    36 posts
    edited October 2013
    Christmas in Krustyland with some more rides added
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    As I'm trying to recreate the Springfield guide I will naturally want stuff that can be found in the guide.

-Santas Village needs to be brought back from last year.
    -Springfield Mall, most obviously.
    -Springfield Ice Skating rink
    -Toy Town
    -Toys L' 'Us
    -Fireworks, Candy & Puppydogs
    -Temple Beth Springfield
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    jimbean82 wrote:
    Christmas in Krustyland with some more rides added
    Possible Krustyland additions.

-Scratchy's Cat-anooga Spew Spew
    -Happy Little Elves in Panda Land
  • cheesypasta1
    700 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    The Springfield Mall is Definitely a must give Ned a Task at the Leftorium and Could Give Lionel Hutz so we could have two people getting a task there

it would be nice if we got Costingtons Wih Yes Guy and Mr Costington and maybe they could finally give us Gil so we could have a Kill Gil type story in the game

and Maybe Snowball could be added because last Christmas we got SLH maybe this Christmas Lisa will start to miss Snowball

And Yes Santas Village needs to return I didn't get that last year cause it was pricey
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone have pictures of what they gave out last year for thanksgiving and Christmas? I played last year, but all I can remember is the balloons for thanksgiving and Santa coins for lights on houses...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!