EA Forums - Banner

SCORE!!! Part Deux!

Prev13456
WOW :shock: It is your lucky day ! Congrats bud :D

Replies

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Congrats, when I looked at this you had 1 reply 0 views; might be a world record
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    Congrats, when I looked at this you had 1 reply 0 views; might be a world record

I caught that too.....hmm
  • Emarau
    248 posts
    edited October 2013
    You are going to get fat!!! Lol
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    "D'eux"- The proper spelling.

Academically speaking it means, "of them" or "about them".

"D'eux" is also French for the natural number following one and preceding three.

English is hard and French is even worse.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013

"D'eux" is also French for the natural number following one and preceding three.

I wasn't trying to spell or pronounce English or French,

The "part Duex" was a nod to A movie!
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    In the film industry it is defined as, a superfacial, unnecessary, or overly bad sequel.

How is this then relevant to your original post?

In either case, "d'eux" was spelled improperly.

Edit- If were not trying to spell or pronounce English or French, what language were you going for?
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited October 2013
    smith3198 wrote:

I wasn't trying to spell or pronounce English or French,

The "part Duex" was a nod to A movie!

Trying to be a Hot Shot are ya?
  • danejm
    91 posts
    edited October 2013
    In the film industry it is defined as, a superfacial, unnecessary, or overly bad sequel.

Edit- If were not trying to spell or pronounce English or French, what language were you going for?

I don't know if you're joking but he was referencing the movie Hot Shots: Part Duex so you know...relax
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    danejm wrote:

I don't know if you're joking but he was referencing the movie Hot Shots: Part Duex so you know...relax

Relax you say?

You need not worry about myself as I can assure you I'm in a wonderful state of reposer.

Are you agitated or in a flustered mindset because of the comprehension issues I raised? Get back with your thoughts in a timely manner. I anticipate your reply with a small amount of pleasure.

Edit- Can you find the French in my post?
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited October 2013

Wow, must suck to have nothing better to do than be a multilingual grammar ****. Seriously, you need to get a life.
  • danejm
    91 posts
    edited October 2013
    danejm wrote:

Relax you say?

You need not worry about myself as I can assure I'm in a wonderful state of reposer.

Are you agitated or in a flustered mindset because of the comprehension issues I raised? Get back with your thoughts in a timely manner. I anticipate your reply with a small amount of pleasure.

I ....think I was flustered. I also just ate some knockwurst so it could have been gas. Either way my suggestion to relax was just that, relax. In my timezone it is evening, a time to "unwind" and spend time with family or friends over a meal (or perchance a glass of wine while the kids are asleep! Lol) Either way I think we can both agree Hot Shots: Part Duex was mildly funny whilst the movie Airplane for example was clearly superior (as it relates to that genre.) Airplane D'uex however was crap.

• thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited October 2013
    danejm wrote:

Relax you say?

You need not worry about myself as I can assure you I'm in a wonderful state of reposer.

watchoutwegotabadassovek.png
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

Wow, must suck to have nothing better to do than be a multilingual grammar ****. Seriously, you need to get a life.

What an interesting point you have now raised. What constitues having a life? We seem to have approximately the same amount of posts, however you imply that one of us has a life and the other does not. This problem cannot be easily sorted out as I believe we are both alive and obviously living our "lives".

First we will have to determine if correctional posts are more important then mind numbing chit chat. If mind numbing chit chat posts are an indication of having a life, then you are correct in your assertion that I do not have a one. Thank you for pointing this out and proper atonements will be posted in due course. Now, after those posts have been made, will I qualify as having a "life" in your eyes as they will have strayed from my usual spelling/grammar corrections?

Also, invoking Godwin's law is foolish and makes you look extremely childish. When there are no valid points to make, call your opponent a ****, right?
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited October 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

What an interesting point you have now raised. What constitues having a life? We seem to have approximately the same amount of posts, however you imply that one of us has a life and the other does not. This problem cannot be easily sorted out as I believe we are both alive and obviously living our "lives".

First we will have to determine if correctional posts are more important then mind numbing chit chat. If mind numbing chit chat posts are an indication of having a life, then you are correct in your assertion that I do not have a one. Thank you for pointing this out and proper atonements will be posted in due course. Now, after those posts have been made, will I qualify as having a "life" in your eyes as they will have strayed from my usual spelling/grammar corrections?

Also, invoking Godwin's law is foolish and makes you look extremely childish. When there are no valid points to make, call your opponent a ****, right?

But he didn't call you a ****. He called a ****. Huuuuuge difference dude.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    danejm wrote:
    danejm wrote:

Relax you say?

You need not worry about myself as I can assure I'm in a wonderful state of reposer.

I ....think I was flustered. I also just ate some knockwurst so it could have been gas. Either way my suggestion to relax was just that, relax. In my timezone it is evening, a time to "unwind" and spend time with family or friends over a meal (or perchance a glass of wine while the kids are asleep! Lol) Either way I think we can both agree Hot Shots: Part Duex was mildly funny whilst the movie Airplane for example was clearly superior (as it relates to that genre.) Airplane D'uex however was crap.

I have not seen either film, nor do I have any plans to.

I find it very relaxing to make the posts I do, if I didn't, then what is the point?

Thank you for your response as it has clarified several things I was unsure of. Have a good evening as I am enjoying my own very greatly.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    SWDonnelly84! ? Did I spell that right?...: please hold! all of my representatives are busy right now but your call Is VERY IMPORTANT & will be answered in the order in which it was received........."Random music plays"s
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited October 2013
    Was this to hide a typo? I think it was and it's making me giggle.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    thirdeye69 wrote:
    Mjr1124 wrote:

But he didn't call you a ****. He called a ****. Huuuuuge difference dude.

A response sush as yours is how one earns the title, "Fool".

Please re-read the comments, and do try and not move your lips.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    Aennilya wrote:
    Was this to hide a typo? I think it was and it's making me giggle.

Reposer is the correct answer.

Giggle away, I've been doing a bit of it over this thread.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited October 2013

A response sush as yours is how one earns the title, "Fool".

Please re-read the comments, and do try and not move your lips.

Sush? :lol: Is that French, too?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.