EA Forums - Banner

Do You Turn Down Money for Aesthetics?

Prev1
morticite wrote:
I've read where some people will put something in inventory like the cemeteries, Super Collider or House of Evil because it doesn't fit their Springfield. Are you one of these people? Why do you do it?

I'm not talking about when you are trying to build a new building and maybe don't quite have the land yet. I mean you have the land, but decide to store a profitable building.

Personally I don't get it. Simple reasons for me:
- They make you money for doing nothing.
- Normal towns have these types of places.
- Sure, maybe some aren't staples of the Springfield on the show, but creating a true replica is very difficult and defeats the point of the game.
- You have them, earned them or they were given to you for free. Why not use them?

I have everything out cause everythings from an episode of the Simpsons and has its place in Springfield. Also, Cemetaries look awesome and I wanted EA to add them so Im not the one to complain. What I cant believe is how EA simply deleted the 15 extra Dead trees I purchased and put into my storage box before they remove the god damn halloween update cause I NEEEEEED them ****

Replies

• jarci1
    89 posts
    edited November 2012
    I do it for aesthetic reasons. Your subject answers your own question.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    jarci1 wrote:
    I do it for aesthetic reasons. Your subject answers your own question.
    Yeah but why specifically? Is it worth not collecting free money?
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited November 2012
    morticite wrote:

Do where you live have a bad dream house,house of evil and two cemetries where there are zombies trying to get out?

I only have the house of evil in the downtown area, the cemetries don't look like real cemetries with zombies trying to get out of there.. And the bad dream house looks ugly..
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited November 2012
    The only building I've put in storage is the pet cemetery. I never saw the point of it, the main cemetery was enough. I've still kept all my other Halloween stuff, including the pumpkins? But I just don't want the pet cemetery, plus I am a little tight on space at the moment. I might reevaluate when I have all the land, and if I see other people doing something inventive with it.

I'd like to get rid of Springfield Downs cause it just really annoys me. It can be awkward to find a place for it, and the floating dog head can be irritating. But I rely heavily on 4 hour tasks so if I got rid of it Mayor Quimby and Chief Wiggum would lose their 4 hour task.
  • adruralo
    3288 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Any building that gives cash, I keep out whether I like it or not.
    One example is the Springfield Downs, sometimes I tap it because of Santa's little helper's head is floating above it, and it gets a litle annoying when I keep doing this. I prefer to put it into the inventory, but it gains you cash, so I put up with it.
    Other things such as cemeteries, House of evil, I don't mind those in my Springfield.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    All of the Halloween stuff is in storage for me. I was really never a big fan of any of it. I'd rather it be in storage.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    People custom build their Springfields to suit them.

Money is one of the easiest things to get ingame. Why worry about losing earnings via a building you don't want in your Springfield?

I keep all the buildings out including the cemeteries but I don't mind them. Only thing I stored was the jack o'lanterns because I just can't see making them work outside Halloween.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Homer807 wrote:
    morticite wrote:

Do where you live have a bad dream house,house of evil and two cemetries where there are zombies trying to get out?

I only have the house of evil in the downtown area, the cemetries don't look like real cemetries with zombies trying to get out of there.. And the bad dream house looks ugly..

Yes there are several cemeteries (the zombies don't get out but they look cool), the House of Evil kind of looks like a cooler Hot Topic (eek), and I think the bad dream house has an old mansion kind of feel. I guess I have an area for all of these so they fit a theme.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Any building that gives cash, I keep out whether I like it or not.
    Exactly.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Warpt1 wrote:

Money is one of the easiest things to get ingame. Why worry about losing earnings via a building you don't want in your Springfield?

To me the only way this logic works is if you've pretty much finished the game, bought every piece of land and have everything you'd ever want. Then, sure who cares about money.
  • mmreed11
    35 posts
    edited November 2012
    I put the bad dream house in storage -as someone else said, it's ugly. I would love for EA to provide a "normal" skin for the house of evil (similar to the church) maybe turning it into a regular frogurt shop..... Currently it looks out of place with the other town shops. But so does the stupid Krusty doll and Burns monster that still roam my town!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    I have everything out cause everythings from an episode of the Simpsons and has its place in Springfield. Also, Cemetaries look awesome and I wanted EA to add them so Im not the one to complain. What I cant believe is how EA simply deleted the 15 extra Dead trees I purchased and put into my storage box before they remove the god damn halloween update cause I NEEEEEED them ****

I had 20 dead trees in storage and they all stayed after the update.

OP, I plan to keep all buildings out even if we get Christmas ones.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited November 2012
    As had been stated, money is quite easy to obtain, so it's purely down to aesthetics for some people. The same argument for not having house farms - they nearly always look terrible.

I actually like the Halloween buildings. The bad dream house to me looks like an old church building that has been converted into a disco/nightclub. We have one almost exactly like this is a town near me - an old Congregational church with stained glass windows which is now a nightclub, complete with rooftop skyward facing spotlights and lasers. Yeah, we're tacky 'round here!

Edit1:
    Check this out and tell me it's not the bad dream house:
    http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-bar-bids-searchlight/story-11173930-detail/story.html

Can anyone with more permissions than me upload the picture?
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    morticite wrote:
    Warpt1 wrote:

To me the only way this logic works is if you've pretty much finished the game, bought every piece of land and have everything you'd ever want. Then, sure who cares about money.

The logic works because "money is the easiest thing to get ingame".

You must be on the game 24/7 so you can tap on every house and task the moment it's completed so you don't miss out right? Because if you aren't your missing out on all that money.... :roll:
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Tony68k wrote:
    As had been stated, money is quite easy to obtain, so it's purely down to aesthetics for some people. The same argument for not having house farms - they nearly always look terrible.
    House farms are the opposite of aesthetically pleasing! I've seen a few make neighborhoods that look alright with them but a lot of house farmers are too lazy to make it look nice.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    morticite wrote:
    I've read where some people will put something in inventory like the cemeteries, Super Collider or House of Evil because it doesn't fit their Springfield. Are you one of these people? Why do you do it?

I'm not talking about when you are trying to build a new building and maybe don't quite have the land yet. I mean you have the land, but decide to store a profitable building.

Personally I don't get it. Simple reasons for me:
    - They make you money for doing nothing.
    - Sure, maybe some aren't staples of the Springfield on the show, but creating a true replica is very difficult and defeats the point of the game.
    - You have them, earned them or they were given to you for free. Why not use them?

Speaking for myself, I've only placed the Mayan calendar in storage (not quite sure your average town has a Mayan calendar :wink: ) and am considering mothballing the House of Evil.

But while I have not placed in storage a lot of things, I *can* understand the motivations of someone who might want to. My point of view has alway been to think of the game's goal as the construction of an aesthetically pleasing town and *not* simply to make money. Why in the heck would I want to accumulate a pile of virtual money as an end in itself? I can anticipate the inevitable response -- the user intends to eventually rid his or her town of those items not liked, but in the meantime allow them to generate cash. This is the same rationale adopted by many house farmers. The approach isn't wrong, but its not for everyone.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Warpt1 wrote:
    morticite wrote:
    Warpt1 wrote:

You must be on the game 24/7 so you can tap on every house and task the moment it's completed so you don't miss out right? Because if you aren't your missing out on all that money.... :roll:
    Lol no, but when I do get on money is laying around from the houses I leave in the game and not in storage. And I didn't have to send people on tasks and then put them on new tasks to get the money from buildings. I just have to tap them. :mrgreen:
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Speaking for myself, I've only placed the Mayan calendar in storage (not quite sure your average town has a Mayan calendar :wink: ) and am considering mothballing the House of Evil.

But while I have not placed in storage a lot of things, I *can* understand the motivations of someone who might want to. My point of view has alway been to think of the game's goal as the construction of an aesthetically pleasing town and *not* simply to make money. Why in the heck would I want to accumulate a pile of virtual money as an end in itself? I can anticipate the inevitable response -- the user intends to eventually rid his or her town of those items not liked, but in the meantime allow them to generate cash. This is the same rationale adopted by many house farmers. The approach isn't wrong, but its not for everyone.

Fair point, but I don't think house farming and what I'm talking about are truly the same conversation. House farming is usually ugly and lazy. As I said before, if I had all the land and items I wanted I might consider storing some money producing buildings, but very few are at that stage. I won't revert to house farming to make money but I won't store something that is naturally part of the game that is making me money by doing nothing. My goal is to make a cool town but I'll need money for a while to do so.

I've stored the Mayan calendar also :wink:
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Warpt1 wrote:
    morticite wrote:
    Warpt1 wrote:

If you are Level 23, you can make 30000-40000 a day with logging in once or twice. Even without farming houses. It's not hard to get money, and the little these other houses add won't add up to much at that level.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    morticite wrote:
    Lol no, but when I do get on money is laying around from the houses I leave in the game and not in storage. And I didn't have to send people on tasks and then put them on new tasks to get the money from buildings. I just have to tap them. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I do get what you are saying. As I've stated I have everything out minus the jack o'lanterns. LOL

And that's only because they look out of place. However, if they earned money like buildings, they'd be out in Springfield somewhere. :oops:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.