• barriey
    8 posts
    edited October 2013
    This idea must never happen!
    Why? Explain!
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2013
    So your building pays for itself in 200 days.... That's longer than corn takes :shock:
  • Ieuan_Richards
    116 posts
    edited October 2013
    The only way I can see them making a free donut building is if the game is no longer profitable so in order to get a boost in money and a week or two later they say in a month or so there shutting off the game. They also say they have increased donut gain and decreased donut cost.

Basically what I am saying
    Donut generating building=The end of TSTO
  • kuhn2632
    62 posts
    edited October 2013
    The only way I can see them making a free donut building is if the game is no longer profitable so in order to get a boost in money and a week or two later they say in a month or so there shutting off the game. They also say they have increased donut gain and decreased donut cost.

Basically what I am saying
    Donut generating building=The end of TSTO

I would argue that it would be a way to make it more profitable while giving something that the casual player would absolutely spend real money on.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited October 2013
    kuhn2632 wrote:
    Here is why this makes sense on EA's part. They can get away with charging a higher price on new content. Higher prices = more cash coming in.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this

So you think they can make more money by giving money away, and then charging more for their product? If you ever open a business, PLEASE let us know.
  • kuhn2632
    62 posts
    edited October 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    kuhn2632 wrote:
    Here is why this makes sense on EA's part. They can get away with charging a higher price on new content. Higher prices = more cash coming in.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this

So you think they can make more money by giving money away, and then charging more for their product? If you ever open a business, PLEASE let us know.

I do because in order to get these "free" donuts it would require an initial investment of premium content. And again it would take 7 months just to break even on that investment. There are plenty of people that will still pay the full new inflated price. EA currently charges 60-120 donuts for a premium income producing character/building. They can charge a higher price because of it. Think of it like any customer loyalty program where you buy 10 of something to get 1 free. It is a very similar concept. My idea would be to cap it at 5 of this type of building, but it may make more sense for EA to allow fewer in order prevent donut farming. But back to your point. Yes they can absolutely make it more profitable.
  • buenahonda37
    20 posts
    edited October 2013
    Kuhn is saying that they will get additional business from people buying donuts who would not have purchased them otherwise. This would not really affect hackers or those with plenty of money to spare who buy everything right away. As it stands there are some people who have spent hundreds on the game and some who have spent zero. This would be a way for EA to get those zero $ spenders to start spending because they are long term players. Makes sense to me.
    But it is too outside the box, EA will never do it.
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Nah i prefer to stick to the good OL donut tree! :lol:

DonutTree_600_zps66a9a010.jpg
  • Sir_Duff_Dawg
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Would u be able to use donuts to speed it up?
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    Would u be able to use donuts to speed it up?
    knowing ea they'd be like thats 12 donuts to speed up to get ur donut
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.