EA Forums - Banner

HELP! The game shuts down almost everyone I try to click on a friend's Springfield (Kindle Fire HD)

Bump
Pease if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
Not being able to click on the other Springfield means I won't be able to get all of the Halloween extras this year.
:oops:
Thanks!

Replies

• spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited October 2013
    Bump
    So nobody else is having this issue?...

Hmmm. That's not good. For me at least.
  • Lanky
    34 posts
    edited October 2013
    One possible reason - what is your internet source? I find when I am on wireless, and close to the router, it runs pretty well - but when there is traffic, or something blocking the signal, it goes pretty slow. I never seem to have a problem when I am on 3G though.

Also depends on the amount of items that person has in their SF - the bigger the city, with the more decorations, the more the game grinds to a halt. I also find tapping a bit slower, and waiting for the game to load helps a bit - just means things take a bit longer, but seem to ease off after a while (playing on an iphone 4)
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited October 2013
    Lanky wrote:
    One possible reason - what is your internet source? I find when I am on wireless, and close to the router, it runs pretty well - but when there is traffic, or something blocking the signal, it goes pretty slow. I never seem to have a problem when I am on 3G though.

Also depends on the amount of items that person has in their SF - the bigger the city, with the more decorations, the more the game grinds to a halt. I also find tapping a bit slower, and waiting for the game to load helps a bit - just means things take a bit longer, but seem to ease off after a while (playing on an iphone 4)

I'm on wireless, and its a perfect signal. I am able to stream 1080p videos on the Kindle Fire HD without any slowdown so this should be a piece of cake compared to that.

The Kindle Fire HD also has a really good reputation for its dual WiFi MIMO receiver so I don't think it's the problem here.

I should clarify that I didn't have this problem prior to the Halloween update either.
  • casaum981
    2 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm using the same device and am having the exact issue. Was fine before Halloween update, now I can't use it. Thought it might get better after Halloween was over but now it's worse.
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry... I wish I could give advice here but I have the same issue (have been for months actually) the only thing that helps mine at all is removing neighbors with farming towns. But even that's not a cure for the crashing. I'm also on an iPad so any advice from me would be irrelevant. I hope someone can help you... It makes the game frustrating and most of the time unplayable.

• spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited November 2013
    Ditsy6 wrote:
    I'm sorry... I wish I could give advice here but I have the same issue (have been for months actually) the only thing that helps mine at all is removing neighbors with farming towns. But even that's not a cure for the crashing. I'm also on an iPad so any advice from me would be irrelevant. I hope someone can help you... It makes the game frustrating and most of the time unplayable.

I was also hoping the new update would help, but now everything is moving slower than ever on the Kindle Fire HD - 8.9".

It sometimes runs extremely slow even just on my own Springfield and the only way to speed it up is to reboot the Kindle. No other game does that and if it ever does, a quick cache clearing speeds it right back up, but not with The Simpsons. The other games are much more CPU intensive as well which doesn't make sense.

I wish EA would optimize it once and for all. Or give us tips on what to do.. Maybe I bought too much land, in which case there is no fix for as I can't sell it back. :(
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    My game did this right after the update. It fixed itself after a couple of hours
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Same thing here man 1 maybe 2 visits and my kindle reboots. But I have been doing my town visits with my iphone now and no prob there. But it is a pain in the #[email protected] to do it have to shut down my kindle then go my visits to friends towns with my phone.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.