EA Forums - Banner

Be a good neighbor and tap on the Squidport Entrance.

Replies

• jtgroth
    362 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, after screwing it up the first time, I finally have a tile up. Anyone needing tile tappers can add me (jtgroth). I probably won't be able to coordinate multiple taps, but I visit every day and will tap your tile.
  • swelker3411
    14 posts
    edited November 2013
    My problem is I added 20+ neighbors from this thread and only 4 of them has been tapping my tile so im getting that many tiles. I about to get rid of the one who not been helping. and add new neighbors to see if that helps.
  • skollthewolf
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So far only one neighbor has tapped my Squidport sign. I may delete some of them to make room for new people if this doesn't pick up soon.

UPDATE:
    I'm beginning to clean out some neighbors who haven't logged in for 3 weeks to a month. I've already added TAPshooter and fuliangfac, and I'm sending friend requests to 10SecondsOK, sarahandbel, donisbatman,
    Ecl3t1c, Jamie5966, Unlikelyend, MattBart2000, and johnny50373 to start.

I've been reading this thread all morning trying to catch up with the latest news on this glitch. I'm only on page 30, so I'd like to make sure: you can visit a neighbor's town, click the Squidport sign, exit, reenter, click it again, and the neighbor gets two separate tiles? I'd be willing to do that for anyone who I add over the next few days if they'll return the favor. I really, really want to finish my Squidport, and unfortunately I won't have all the tiles until mid February the normal way.

(Also, say you do this and have 10 tiles. When harvesting them, do you tap the Squidport once at a time to get each tile, or do all 10 pop at once, meaning you have to start over by buying a new tile?)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 10SecondsOK
    34 posts
    edited November 2013
    So i re arranged the center of my town with a big sign to tap the tile and still am getting people who show up and haunt 3 buildings right by the sign??? Sorry if thats you but you are getting deleted right now. I spent hours tapping tiles leaving and coming back to tap again later, so your 2 goo reward is not helping.

I seem to get taps on a ratio of one tap on my tile for every 10 i have been giving out. If you can do better for me, add me and i will give you three taps a day for as long as this lasts. I am definitely going to have some room in about 5 mins!
  • dreadydrea
    201 posts
    edited November 2013
    My problem is I added 20+ neighbors from this thread and only 4 of them has been tapping my tile so im getting that many tiles. I about to get rid of the one who not been helping. and add new neighbors to see if that helps.

I tapped on your tile three times this morning. Hope you got them.
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited November 2013
    Tap my tile friends.
    timberwuf
  • weaseldude
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    I added a few people from the last couple of pages.

I'm weaseldude add me i'm a daily player and will tap dat tile.
  • Rhill22
    2 posts
    edited November 2013
    My tile is up for anyone who wants to tap.

Rhill22 is my username.
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited November 2013
    YAY! I've got 2!!! Thanks guys!
  • swelker3411
    14 posts
    edited November 2013
    dreadydrea wrote:

I tapped on your tile three times this morning. Hope you got them.
    I got none of those. I wonder whats happening then.
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I don't think they all go through. I had hauntings and gremlins from 3 people i just added, but only 2 handshakes.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So far only one neighbor has tapped my Squidport sign. I may delete some of them to make room for new people if this doesn't pick up soon.

UPDATE:
    I'm beginning to clean out some neighbors who haven't logged in for 3 weeks to a month. I've already added TAPshooter and one other player, and I'm sending friend requests to 10SecondsOK, sarahandbel, donisbatman,
    Ecl3t1c, Jamie5966, Unlikelyend, MattBart2000, and johnny50373 to start.

I've been reading this thread all morning trying to catch up with the latest news on this glitch. I'm only on page 30, so I'd like to make sure: you can visit a neighbor's town, click the Squidport sign, exit, reenter, click it again, and the neighbor gets two separate tiles? I'd be willing to do that for anyone who I add over the next few days if they'll return the favor. I really, really want to finish my Squidport, and unfortunately I won't have all the tiles until mid February the normal way.

(Also, say you do this and have 10 tiles. When harvesting them, do you tap the Squidport once at a time to get each tile, or do all 10 pop at once, meaning you have to start over by buying a new tile?)

You can reenter and exit and keep clicking the tile to get the XP, but your neighbour will only get one tile for your 3 taps. UNLESS they are able to clear your tap between re-entires. This is when PM's or Origin chat come in handy.

You can tap the SP handshakes one at a time to clear them. MAKE SURE to leave at least 1 handshake. Best to leave 2. JUST IN CASE. Being able to clear a handshakes helps if you want to take advantage of triple tapping
  • swelker3411
    14 posts
    edited November 2013
    baxbooch wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think they all go through. I had hauntings and gremlins from 3 people i just added, but only 2 handshakes.

Im thinking the same thing now.
  • skollthewolf
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, kandycanada. I just visited TAPshooter, fuliangfac, and weaseldude's towns. You each should have at least one new handshake on your Squidport sign.

Is there a maximum number of handshakes you can have before you collect?
  • 10SecondsOK
    34 posts
    edited November 2013
    Everyone that added me just got a tap. A few people tried to add me but it said i am full on friends but then let me add a different person. Wonder if that means they got full of friends between when they sent the invite and i accepted? I will try again in a few, have a few more non-tappers to drop anyways.

How many total tiles do we need? I am up to 43 in inventory now.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, kandycanada. I just visited TAPshooter, fuliangfac, and weaseldude's towns. You each should have at least one new handshake on your Squidport sign.

Is there a maximum number of handshakes you can have before you collect?

No reports of a maximum. I like to clear them just in case EA decides to fix this.
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited November 2013
    Sorry guys who added me recently, a couple of days ago my device decided to not let me visit friends and crashed the app every time I tried, plus the hit detection was off so I accidentally cleared my own tile. Anyway, new tile is now waiting and I'm back on a new device so I can visit again, so expect some handshakes imminently...

Add me if you haven't already: ArminsFrozenPeas
  • swelker3411
    14 posts
    edited November 2013
    Everyone that added me just got a tap. A few people tried to add me but it said i am full on friends but then let me add a different person. Wonder if that means they got full of friends between when they sent the invite and i accepted? I will try again in a few, have a few more non-tappers to drop anyways.

How many total tiles do we need? I am up to 43 in inventory now.

well I'm looking to have about 100 additional tiles to add to my port i have about right now.
  • ElBarto0o
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    don't know how many of my neighbors are still following this thread, but just letting y'all know i accidentally tapped my tile and i can't make any more so you don't have to look for my tile!

had a good run though, so thanks and i'll continue tapping other people's!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    scribbleuk wrote:
    My tile has been active since the day after this thread was started but I'm only getting 2 or three handshakes a day. But I am getting quite a few hauntings around the squid port area. Not quite sure what's happening there. I've also noted on my daily rounds that only very few people have tiles ready including most of the people who I've added from this thread.

Anyway I still 5 spaces if anyone wants a tile to tap please add me.

I saw you left gremlins earlier but if you tapped my tile, it didn't register. I've left 3 taps for you since I added you yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!