EA Forums - Banner

Be a good neighbor and tap on the Squidport Entrance.

Replies

• weaseldude
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    :cry::cry: I accidentally cleared my last tile twice in the space of 10 minutes :thumbdown: was triple tapping with family members account and to it speed up I was tapping to collect the xp and it cleared the tile :( anyway 48 dounts later i still have a tile up to click. Add me (weaseldude) one tile a day from friends is better than none.
  • CamieSpice
    47 posts
    edited November 2013
    cleared out some friends who were consistently not coming to tap (anything). I am willing to coordinate through Origin tap triple taps.

:)
  • jtgroth
    366 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Still have more space for tile tapping neighbors. I probably can't coordinate multiple taps, but I am a decent neighbor. I visit daily (mostly, occasionally miss a day when life gets hectic). Not a house farmer.
  • sdgus68
    97 posts
    edited November 2013
    Like many others I have had the issue with multiple known tile tappers had visited, but only having one extra handshake. So I gathered 4 people at work and we ran a test (2 of them had to download the game. I can be persuasive). They visited my town one at a time. Each time one had visited, I made sure my game synched (went to friends list, then back to my town so I got the splash screen with the synchronizing text at the bottom).

They visited and tapped the tile a total of 12 times. When I logged in, I had 10 extra handshakes. When I cleared them, only 7 were from those people and 3 were from other neighbors that happened to visit while we were doing this. I just checked now, and I had visits from at least 2 tile tappers but only one handshake.

In conclusion: coordinate with people when you can, log in as often as possible (even if that's all you have time for, log in then leave), and be happy with any extras you get. Just because you don't have a handshake from a specific person, it doesn't mean they didn't tap your tile.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    I agree. People need to stop getting upset about "non-tile-tapping" friends.

The glitch is they probably can't always see your tile so haunt instead. I'm sure this is happening to me both in my SF and to ones I visit.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited November 2013
    noticed a lot of my tile neighbors seemingly lost their tile over the weekend. don't know if it's a glitch or not but I still am tapping other's tiles so...

If you're my neighbor and I haunt on your SP or very near it, that means I didn't see a tile. I haunt your SP unless there's no room then I haunt close to it when I don't see a tile.

If I haunt somewhere else, I mis tapped trying to exit out to visit other friends or drop a gremlin.

Oh I should mention that my tile will be back tomorrow. Hopefully I'll learn to be more careful. Especially when arresting sideshow bob on my iphone!
  • camiller497
    22 posts
    edited November 2013
    gavthomson wrote:
    I agree. People need to stop getting upset about "non-tile-tapping" friends.

The glitch is they probably can't always see your tile so haunt instead. I'm sure this is happening to me both in my SF and to ones I visit.

+1 I was surprised that for as many people I added specifically for the tile glitch, I still have few neighbors with tiles ready. Given the nature of glitches I guess it shouldn't be expected to be consistent. I even had a couple friends with "tap tile" spelled out in shrubbery etc that didn't have a tile showing for me.

Anyway got through my entire friend list last night. Will do again tonight. If you added me for tiles and haven't seen one from me, I'll keep trying.
  • StableSpace
    52 posts
    edited November 2013
    thanks to this fourth I already have over 130 tiles. 77 put down and like 50 in storage. Would have taken me ages otherwise

o(^^o)  (o^^)o
  • fizzbin71825
    229 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I check all my neighbors every visit, and I always TT. I'd say about 25 of my 90 neighbors have a tile available. I know I messed mine up while un-haunting a few buildings, so now I am waiting for my new one (late tonight EDT) to finish.

I basically assume that most players know about this. Some simply may not care. Some might not know. Some may have tiles stored up. And I know there are some who have accidentally reset their tiles and have to wait for it to finish up again.

There is also the GOO effect - some might not be willing to sacrifice GOO because it might stop them from reaching a 2K donut bonus.

I don't get angry if people don't tap my tiles. I just keep on plugging away. Either way, I will get them all eventually.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    thanks to this fourth I already have over 130 tiles. 77 put down and like 50 in storage. Would have taken me ages otherwise

o(^^o)  (o^^)o

1-4 (4) Free
    5-10 (6) 43 hours
    11-15 (5) 1 day each (5 days)
    16-30 (15) 1 day 12 hours each (22.5 days total)
    31-60 (30) 2 days each (60 days total)
    61-90 (30) 2 days 12 hours each (75 days total)
    91-120 (30) 3 days each (90 days total)
    121-151 (31) 3 days 12 hours each (108 days total)

Obviously the 151 tile limit is not in effect because some have gone way past that, but if you were just starting out SP or stuck in 2 day purgatory like I was, the time savings by this glitch were huge.

• Beccaliz89
    8 posts
    edited November 2013
    Please confirm I'm doing this correctly:

Go in and tap the tile = one action

Exit, then come back and tap again = 2nd action

repeat = 3rd action

And always leave one handshake in my own town.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited November 2013
    Beccaliz89 wrote:

repeat = 3rd action

I've been under the impression that you have to wait for the other person to clear your handshake before they can receive another one from you.
  • sdgus68
    97 posts
    edited November 2013
    Beccaliz89 wrote:

repeat = 3rd action

Would only result in one handshake unless they are cleared between each visit.
  • Beccaliz89
    8 posts
    edited November 2013
    sdgus68 wrote:
    Beccaliz89 wrote:

repeat = 3rd action

Would only result in one handshake unless they are cleared between each visit.

Got it...I will wait a few hours between taps.
  • rachela102
    15 posts
    edited November 2013
    I just cleared some spots for friends who will tap my tile. I don't think most of my current friend know about the glitch. I don't expect you to tap multiple times a day since thats very time consuming and I only visit my friends once a day. On a side note, I accidentally reset my tile so I have about a day left on the new tile.

rachela102
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited November 2013
    Best to leave 2. JUST IN CASE.

Thank you for this sage piece of advice. Leaving 2 handshakes has saved my tile twice now!

• jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Can tap mine neighbors!
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Can tap mine neighbors!

Good to know.

My tile count is 174. :twisted:
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited November 2013
    baxbooch wrote:
    Best to leave 2. JUST IN CASE.

Thank you for this sage piece of advice. Leaving 2 handshakes has saved my tile twice now!

STUPID GREMLIN!!!! 2.5 days. DAMMIT

I knew better.
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited November 2013
    Just got done visiting all my neighbors and tapping all available tiles. I hope everyone gets them. :) Ty for those who tapped mine I had 5 waiting for me when I got home today.

I still have open spots on my friends list. Please be a daily player & forum regular so we all know of things like this. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!