EA Forums - Banner

Be a good neighbor and tap on the Squidport Entrance.

Replies

• Jedihntr
    827 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    baxbooch wrote:
    Best to leave 2. JUST IN CASE.

Thank you for this sage piece of advice. Leaving 2 handshakes has saved my tile twice now!

I'm going to do this too. After accidentally tapping it over the weekend, I'm dying here waiting for a new tile. I have a bad feeling this thing is going to end with the post-Halloween update, so we need to get as many tiles as we can.
  • sdv325
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    frick still have only had one person tap my entrance since this has started...

really getting annoying when they tap some squidport buildings but NOT my entrance. Time to clean the friends list out.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    What the max handshakes you can have built before u gotta tap them ...
    90 something pages to read through was proving to be long!
  • jtgroth
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So, given the fact that coordinating multiple taps is near impossible with the number of people I have added for this event and that tile taps don't always seem to register, I think that I will just try to space out tile taps for those with an available SP tile. My MO is already check the Squidport entrance first. If I see a tile I will tap it and leave. If there is no tile I will do all three actions at that time. At a later point I will return and revisit all the neighbors that still have available actions and tap their tile again. Hopefully I will be able to make three visits per day for tiles.

I still have about 9 slots open for anyone looking for tile tappers. I'm a decent neighbor, I visit almost daily, even with no event or glitch and I don't house farm.
  • chocobogogo
    5 posts
    edited November 2013
    Its my birthday! and all I want are tiles...
    I will of course return the favor, It doesn't seem like many of my current pals are on board with this glitch yet.
    - chocobogogo
  • jtgroth
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Its my birthday! and all I want are tiles...
    I will of course return the favor, It doesn't seem like many of my current pals are on board with this glitch yet.
    - chocobogogo

Happy Birthday!

Sent you a request. I'll be happy to tap your tile.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Add me. Johnny50373.
  • 10SecondsOK
    34 posts
    edited November 2013
    I am a tapping fool lately, lol.

My only wonder is what is going to happen when this is shut down, either EA will have to let people start buying more tiles, or there will be a permanent disparity between people that could get more than the normal 151.
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited November 2013
    jtgroth wrote:
    So, given the fact that coordinating multiple taps is near impossible with the number of people I have added for this event and that tile taps don't always seem to register, I think that I will just try to space out tile taps for those with an available SP tile. My MO is already check the Squidport entrance first. If I see a tile I will tap it and leave. If there is no tile I will do all three actions at that time. At a later point I will return and revisit all the neighbors that still have available actions and tap their tile again. Hopefully I will be able to make three visits per day for tiles.

I still have about 9 slots open for anyone looking for tile tappers. I'm a decent neighbor, I visit almost daily, even with no event or glitch and I don't house farm.

Just got your tile thank you! I'm not sure if your tile appeared to me earlier but I will keep a look out for you tomorrow when I go visit and let you know. No need to have to visit me 3 times daily I'm very gracious for the 1 tile a day if it saves you a few minutes not having to come back to me. One tile tap and a couple hauntings will make me just as happy. :D
  • HermosaRyan
    78 posts
    edited November 2013
    I found out about this glitch late and currently have a single handshake there over my boardwalk. I went through all 100 of my friends and only about 12 of them had tiles. For each one I clicked the tile, left, came back clicked again, left, came back and clicked again. Apparently that doesn't help get multiple tiles, I need to wait a bit longer so I will do that the next time.

I freed up some of the more inactive friends and would love to trade some tile tapping with some forum regulars. At least get a few tiles while this glitch is still open. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
  • sdgus68
    97 posts
    edited November 2013
    What the max handshakes you can have built before u gotta tap them ...
    90 something pages to read through was proving to be long!

I've been keeping up with this thread since the day it started and I haven't seen anyone say "I have X number of handshakes and no matter what I do I can't add more". I had 10 last night, but it was a test and I had to synch between each one.
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    I just went through my neighbors (aprox. 80 after some culling) and less then 10 I would say had a tile to click. I recently found out about this glitch. I hadn't read this thread because I had pretty much stopped paying attention to squid port after I built everything and the tiles took so long.
    If anyone wants to add me I will check and click your tile. I don't think I will log back in and out so I can click it two more times! I don't house farm and I have roads :)
    My tile still has something like 17 hours to go.
  • nickez90
    5 posts
    edited November 2013
    Nickez90
  • thomasda81
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I need some tile tapping pals! I'll tap back!
    ThomasDA81
  • RyanG90
    11 posts
    edited November 2013
    My tile just became ready so add me please! :)

RyanG90

I'm a daily visitor!
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    For the last day or so I haven't been able to get more than 2 handshakes at one time. Known tile tapping friends have visited and haunted nearby buildings but didn't tap my tile so I know they're trying. I'm glad to hear that some people are getting multiple tiles piling up between logins. It seems that for me at least I have to clear the second handshake before anyone can tap and not just the same neighbour a second time.

During this event I've been visiting neighbours as much as possible and on average less than 10% have a tile showing. I usually haunt 1 building to let them know I tried. I'm thinking of lots of cynical theories but have decided to take what I get and help out as much as I can. I did accidentally tap the last handshake once like a lot of people on this thread and thought hey 36 donuts to speed it up is worth it if I get a bunch from neighbours. I would never do that for just one tile.
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    I found out about this glitch late and currently have a single handshake there over my boardwalk. I went through all 100 of my friends and only about 12 of them had tiles. For each one I clicked the tile, left, came back clicked again, left, came back and clicked again. Apparently that doesn't help get multiple tiles, I need to wait a bit longer so I will do that the next time.

I freed up some of the more inactive friends and would love to trade some tile tapping with some forum regulars. At least get a few tiles while this glitch is still open. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

You need to tap the tile, then they need to tap the handshake before your next tap, or you will only get one tile. Anyone need another tile tapping friend? Add me :wink:
  • Crowsfox
    86 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have 20 spots open for friends that are willing to tap for tiles! I am level 36, have KL, visit daily and am willing AND have the time to come to your town 3 separate times in order to give your tile 3 taps. Please no farms tho.

Thank you very much!!

Crowsfox
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    For the last day or so I haven't been able to get more than 2 handshakes at one time. Known tile tapping friends have visited and haunted nearby buildings but didn't tap my tile so I know they're trying. I'm glad to hear that some people are getting multiple tiles piling up between logins. It seems that for me at least I have to clear the second handshake before anyone can tap and not just the same neighbour a second time.

During this event I've been visiting neighbours as much as possible and on average less than 10% have a tile showing. I usually haunt 1 building to let them know I tried. I'm thinking of lots of cynical theories but have decided to take what I get and help out as much as I can. I did accidentally tap the last handshake once like a lot of people on this thread and thought hey 36 donuts to speed it up is worth it if I get a bunch from neighbours. I would never do that for just one tile.

I tapped your tile recently. I clicked a building too but I was curious to see if I could leave and come back and click again. I decided to click my 5 ghosts first and accidently clicked a rock from wacking day! 'Doh

ETA: I just read it wouldn't have worked that way anyway.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:

I tapped your tile recently. I clicked a building too but I was curious to see if I could leave and come back and click again. I decided to click my 5 ghosts first and accidently clicked a rock from wacking day! 'Doh

ETA: I just read it wouldn't have worked that way anyway.

Many thanks for the efforts. My doh story is that I saw Sideshow Bob in one neighbour's town and in trying to catch him I haunted 3 buildings by mistake. I checked their SP and no tile was showing so no damage I guess.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!