EA Forums - Banner

Be a good neighbor and tap on the Squidport Entrance.

Replies

• brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    madfish86 wrote:
    You will get the XP, but the person still only receives 1 tile with this method.

That is fully correct. To maximize both your XP intake and the tiles your friend receives you either need to pm them to let them know you tapped their tile so they can log in, tap that handshake thus clearing it, and then have you go back to their SF to do it again - repeat.

Otherwise, as that is hard to coordinate. What I do is I make a round in the morning tapping the tile 1 time, and then repeat the process in the afternoon, and at night giving the person presumably time to log in and clear their tile hopefully maximizing both my XP intake and their tile intake

• kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited November 2013
    ...snip...
    What I do is I make a round in the morning tapping the tile 1 time, and then repeat the process in the afternoon, and at night giving the person presumably time to log in and clear their tile hopefully maximizing both my XP intake and their tile intake

This.

Origin chat works much faster than PM if you're both on and signed in to chat.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Finally tapped the last tile by accident and I am we'll over the limit so I guess I'm done. But I couldn't be happier, without this it would have probably took over a year to get all the tiles. I have over 100 tiles left in inventory if they ever expand ocean and I have over 160 tiles on my Fully redesigned Squidport, maybe even more never really counted.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    Otherwise, as that is hard to coordinate. What I do is I make a round in the morning tapping the tile 1 time, and then repeat the process in the afternoon, and at night giving the person presumably time to log in and clear their tile hopefully maximizing both my XP intake and their tile intake

I just tap three times in succession. I barely have enough time to visit 100 friends once per day. I'm not doing it 3 times.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    aljimo wrote:

I just tap three times in succession. I barely have enough time to visit 100 friends once per day. I'm not doing it 3 times.

I agree it is time consuming. And yes, 1 tile is better than none. we are not saying your are "bad" for not doing it. We were just pointing out the full benefits
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited November 2013
    aljimo wrote:

I just tap three times in succession. I barely have enough time to visit 100 friends once per day. I'm not doing it 3 times.[/quot

Same here
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm getting a lot of visits from people in this thread, I can tell because some leave gremlins or use their 2 additional taps on haunting buildings, but so far I've never, ever had more than two handshakes. I've even tested with a feeder town and all additional tile taps after the second handshake is there seem to not register. Is this a glitch on top of the glitch? I wonder if I clear the tile completely and start again it may fix itself but I don't want to waste a 3 day wait for the new one if it doesn't work.
  • empathy77
    4186 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm getting a lot of visits from people in this thread, I can tell because some leave gremlins or use their 2 additional taps on haunting buildings, but so far I've never, ever had more than two handshakes. I've even tested with a feeder town and all additional tile taps after the second handshake is there seem to not register. Is this a glitch on top of the glitch? I wonder if I clear the tile completely and start again it may fix itself but I don't want to waste a 3 day wait for the new one if it doesn't work.

I'm having the same issue, I only have 2 handshakes at a time eventhough I know for a fact more then 2 people tapped my tile.

Tapping tile....sounds dirty.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    And yes, 1 tile is better than none. we are not saying your are "bad" for not doing it. We were just pointing out the full benefits

Oh, I know. the guys who are "bad" are the ones who spell out "Tap Port Tile" on their landing zone, but never tap mine. I have been double haunting them, but come tomorrow I'll have to find a different punishment.
  • Pakelika83
    33 posts
    edited November 2013
    If anyone is looking for some last minute tile tappers add me! Mines sitting there and I tap those who tap mine.

Sorry if this is not the spot to post friend requests. Figure we don't have much time left on this glitch.

Pakelika83
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    My tile is finally ready again! Already had two regulars tap my tile, so thank you! I hope to rack up a few more today just in case this gets fixed tomorrow...
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited November 2013
    aljimo wrote:
    And yes, 1 tile is better than none. we are not saying your are "bad" for not doing it. We were just pointing out the full benefits

Oh, I know. the guys who are "bad" are the ones who spell out "Tap Port Tile" on their landing zone, but never tap mine. I have been double haunting them, but come tomorrow I'll have to find a different punishment.

Ohh big man!
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    Your tongue-in-cheek detector seems to be malfunctioning.
  • Social_Soul
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    Didn't know this to be fair.
  • aikicinema
    5 posts
    edited November 2013
    I just cleared 30 inactive players from my list. I visit daily and always tap tiles at least once. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't permit coordinating taps. I'm hoping this glitch goes beyond tomorrow because I could use a bunch more tiles. Add me if you can tap my Squidport today: Aikicinema
  • katiele8710
    4 posts
    edited November 2013
    Katiele8710
    Please add me for squid port tapping! Daily player.
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I've just sent you a friend request.
  • wadekainer
    3 posts
    edited November 2013
    I sent a friend request to you as well. Open invitation to anyone else in this thread, as I've only got 3 at the moment. I've got tile up and ready.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I am happy to help. Please send invite! I don't have one ready now because I keep on tapping it by accident!
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited November 2013
    I need more help. Most of my friends stopped visiting my SF today so I am sad. After the Halloween event is over, someone should make a post-Halloween Squidport tappers thread for the people who intend to continue to visit and trade tile taps after Halloween.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!