EA Forums - Banner

Please don't request to be added as a friend under a different topic.

There's been more threads like this then Add-Me Threads.

Replies

• didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    then I will delete if I find out how to delete. Not necessary to repeat. Do you know how I can delete this topic? If yes, could you please explain? Thanks.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    Not possible... :?
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    :( Thanks!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry about starting topics, didemlale. Everybody's doin' it! :P

Stick around long enough, and after a while you will see right past the "add me" stuff. The newbies don't know any better, because if they did they would realize that the regulars who are reading those threads are already maxed out on the number of friends they can/want to have. They are wasting more of their own time by posting than you are by recognizing the spam for what it is and moving on a split second later.

That said, I realize that my post is getting rather long. If you are still reading, then I have wasted more of your time than Mr. Add Me so I might as well see how far I can take it. Are you still reading? Because I would like to tell you about what happened to me earlier this afternoon. You see, I recently got braces. Strange, I know, for a woman in her early thirties... but my orthodontist assures me that it is not so out of the ordinary. He says that half of his clients are adults, even though I only ever see teenagers when I go in for a tightening. But I digress... I have this wire that started sticking out yesterday. It is mostly out of the way... but somehow I got it STUCK to that skin-thingy on the under side of my tongue this afternoon! It is quite sore now.

.oO(Are you still reading?)

My first thought was Listerine! Brilliant, wonderful Listerine. My second thought was coffee (bad idea). My third thought was back to work.

.oO(Seriously, why are you still reading this?)

I went back to my desk and slipped on my fantastic new slippers. They are fuzzy on the inside. I really have nothing better to do than describe them to you in detail, so here we go... Rubber soles, brown micro-suede uppers with a fancy little ribbon around the ankles and fuzzy, furry, warm and wonderful insides that hug my feet and keep me cozy, but do nothing for my sore tongue.

.oO(Ok, that is enough! Stop reading. Now. Go away.)

Add me! Spiffshine - I play every day!

.oO(I am probably going to regret that last little joke...)
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    spiffshine wrote:

.oO(Are you still reading?)

- a
    •—
    •
    •
    .oO(Seriously, why are you still reading this?)

•
    •

.oO(Ok, that is enough! Stop reading. Now. Go away.)

•
    •

OK. Added you!
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    @Spiff I thought you couldn't add people? :P
  • animalia6957
    197 posts
    edited November 2012
    "spiffshine" lol your a legend :wink:
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Ohhh Spiffshine! I really read the posts! I love posts I love to write and read but English is not my mother tongue; therefore what I say doesn’t make sense sometimes :) and the terrible thing is that I am writing a thesis in English. In the end, I will miserably be seeking a language checker.

This post is going to be long, please excuse me!

It feels strange when I see an ‘add me’ stuff, while I am reading a topic for example about premium items don’t work. Perhaps it is just an error of my mind; ‘no, no, no! add me doesn’t fit in this topic, there are specific threads for add me’. This might mean that I am a ridiculous formalistic person; then I don’t know what to do with myself :)

Teeth braces! I am almost 33 and I was wearing them until just a couple of years ago. I had a huge gap between my front teeth (I promise one could build a bridge between them), and the braces worked but I know it hurts especially in the beginning until you get used to them. I remember myself almost crying because of the strange sense of pressure in my mouth. I am really sorry for your mouth, I am sure everything will be fine after a while!

And I see lots of women around our ages wearing braces. Believe me!

Listerine, I don’t know, some people don’t like its smell but I do. It has a strong smell. Well, I am a smoker (smoking is bad!), after I leave my dentist’s office; I generally panic to smoke.

And ‘back to work’? it seems that your slippers made you feel comfortable. I also have a couple of slippers at the office. They are warm but regular; your slippers sound cute! I am generally freezing here in winter time! I have a blanket at the office and I love its color, it is orange.

I have developed claustrophobia out of blue and I can’t take the subway anymore. I take the bus which means longer travelling hours. If I get a backseat on the bus, I am the happiest woman in the world because I spend time with playing the game in peace.

Finally, you’re leaving on vacation Wednesday to Niagara Falls next week. Have fun!

I have added you from my thousand different accounts.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    spiffshine wrote:

Funny!
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    The name's DohMoe. My story started in 19-Dickety-2. Now, my story begins in 19-dickety-2. We had to say ‘dickety’ ’cause that Kaiser had stolen our word for ’20?. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-6 miles. SometimelaterIfoundthisforumkbai
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    DohMoe wrote:
    The name's DohMoe. My story started in 19-Dickety-2. Now, my story begins in 19-dickety-2. We had to say ‘dickety’ ’cause that Kaiser had stolen our word for ’20?. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-6 miles. SometimelaterIfoundthisforumkbai

Not funny at all
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    DohMoe - I fixed that a day or two ago. You can check and see for yourself! :)

elsie_d - You tease!
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    elsie_d - You tease!

Well, you *said* you'd regret that bit. . . :P

Didemlale, just ignore the "add me" hiccoughs. Consider them addicted fans who have not yet had the worst parts of their addiction to Tapped Out! satisfied--sufficient neighbors. Or, consider them zombies to be squished and respond with a snappy comeback. Your choice :wink:
  • surfsnowsara
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited November 2012
    I get a little peeved once in a while. Usually I look past them but I have to say something when I see it happen too many times a day.

LOL Spiff. That was funny. And I read the whole thing. erm add me now? hahahaha....:D
  • adruralo
    3289 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    didemlale wrote:
    I get distracted when I see someone who pops up and requests to be added as a friend under a compeletely irrelevant topic.
    It can come under the umbrella of "not keeping on topic". Usually not welcomed in many forums, including thread jacking.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.