EA Forums - Banner

Being a good neighborino

Prev1
- The lemon tree and crops should work in exactly the same way as buildings, except with the added benefit that if a neighbour's crops have become weeds, by tapping on it you restore them as harvestable, so always tap weeds if you see them.

- You and your neighbours see the $ sign according to the same clock. They only see it if you can see it.

- Only one neighbour can tap on a building as far as I know, then it resets as if you had done it yourself.

- I believe cleaning up a neighbour's vandalised building helps your 'righteousness' rating much as doing it in your own town would, but I still am unsure as to what benefit this bestows on your neighbour, if any.

After figuring all this out, in addition to the points you laid out, nothing annoys me more when I log in and see the handshake sign above brown houses. It's not like my school, police station, town hall and Moe's are hard to find. I need them spraypainted too in order to clean them up and get my rating back up after vandalising nearly 100 people every day.

Replies

• kschold
    235 posts
    edited November 2012
    Exactly...I'm guessing the odds are greater that visitors see $ on the browns due to quicker countdown. I'd rather they - or I - check back later for the big money opportunities.
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited November 2012
    If you farm a ton of brown houses and I have to do multiple full screen swipes to find other buildings, you're gonna get brown houses tapped.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    After figuring all this out, in addition to the points you laid out, nothing annoys me more when I log in and see the handshake sign above brown houses. It's not like my school, police station, town hall and Moe's are hard to find. I need them spraypainted too in order to clean them up and get my rating back up after vandalising nearly 100 people every day.

Don't worry sonny, at least you can guarantee you'll have three of them vandalized once a day :thumbup:
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    USDPC wrote:
    If you farm a ton of brown houses and I have to do multiple full screen swipes to find other buildings, you're gonna get brown houses tapped.

Not only do I not have any farms, my Springfield is still quite small and easy to navigate and the brown houses I do have are sprinkled amongst others. It's almost like people are actually seeking them out, which is even more baffling.

xrobotlove wrote:
    Don't worry sonny, at least you can guarantee you'll have three of them vandalized once a day :thumbup:

:thumbup:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6246 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I only vandalize my friends School, Bar, Town Hall & Police Station so they can get money & xp on buildings that normally wouldn't give them anything. Also to help them with their ratings. I prefer my friends to do the same, but that doesn't always pan out lol.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    USDPC wrote:

Not only do I not have any farms, my Springfield is still quite small and easy to navigate and the brown houses I do have are sprinkled amongst others. It's almost like people are actually seeking them out, which is even more baffling.

I think some people look for these.

I have town square with the school, city hall and police station located so they can be seen when you visit. I rarely find that these buildings were vandalized. Now these are regularly tapped:
    * The Simpsons and Flanders houses, located at top left of town.
    *The brown houses I have at the top right for the dump guard shack and mini-resort on lake Nucear Reactor Cooling pond
    * The qwiki mart, located in the middle of my road maze.
  • Audiobrain
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I try to tap the high cost houses if they are available. When I do go in twice a day, I may not have much choice. Would you prefer that I wait til the next sometimrs twelve hours later? If yes, let me know. I appreciate how people seem to navigate their way around my town. I've tried to spread things around so you can find a variety.

Keep tapping - Audiobrain!
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    This is anecdotal because I always look for the vandalize buildings and since I have to move around people's Springfield's so much I've noticed...

I've noticed that sometimes there are no buildings to click on neighbors buildings except fast refreshing brown buildings and sometimes every building is available.

I think that if I collect rent in my town and immediately someone visits, they won't see anything they can click except maybe the fastest growing (brown buildings)

If this is correct, if you only see neighbors hitting your brown buildings, you may be harvesting too fast and on your game too much. :?

EDIT: you can never be on this game too much!
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited November 2012
    I go back and forth some days.

A majority of the time, I'll block out time so I can go around and look for the stuff to spray paint, keeping in mind the more expensive stuff as I go around in case there aren't 3 things to spray paint. As mentioned, if I see someone's farm clickable, I will do that to make sure they get more time to harvest.

Exceptions (as mentioned to some extent):
    -Can't find the buildings needed to spray paint.
    -Getting caught in a scroll near house farms, a lot of the time I accidentally click one taking a scroll to get away.

Also, it depends on the amount of buildings. If someone only has only 1 building to spray paint, then I click their restaurants/stores/then houses.

And there are days where I'm more in a rush and looking to get the money, so I go in and click the first three things I see.

It's a cruel world, but it's the honest truth.
  • bennycakes
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    What about sideshow bob? He pops up in neighbors towns and you can get $ by clicking on him and it doesn't even count as one of the three clicks. You can even keep clicking on a town that has him repeatedly and get cash for it each time. Does the town owner get anything from that?
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    bennycakes wrote:
    What about sideshow bob? He pops up in neighbors towns and you can get $ by clicking on him and it doesn't even count as one of the three clicks. You can even keep clicking on a town that has him repeatedly and get cash for it each time. Does the town owner get anything from that?

To be honest it happens so rarely and he hasn't popped up in so long I don't think anyone knows.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    Unless the town is a complete disaster ie my screen is full of brown/pink houses I look for buildings to vandelize that you can't normally collect on.
  • bennycakes
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    bennycakes wrote:

To be honest it happens so rarely and he hasn't popped up in so long I don't think anyone knows.

I have two friends who may have abandoned their games but their towns still exist and sideshow bob is there every time I click on it. Easy way to get cash fast if I am a little short on buying something..
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited November 2012
    With some neighbors I've stopped vandalizing them because I can't get to their stuff without moving around crashing me. So I just find the quickest three businesses to tap. It's a shame really because some of them were way behind on having the police station or even Moe's and they were at the same level as, or close to, mine and at the point you should have them.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    Chibihalo wrote:
    t's a shame really because some of them were way behind on having the police station or even Moe's and they were at the same level as, or close to, mine and at the point you should have them.
    I didn't get Moe's until level 20, the police station until level 22, and the town hall until maxed out on level 23.

A lot of that was due to the fact that I started playing the day TOH aired, so I was tied up with Halloween quests rather than the main storyline.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited November 2012
    dcline414 wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:
    t's a shame really because some of them were way behind on having the police station or even Moe's and they were at the same level as, or close to, mine and at the point you should have them.
    I didn't get Moe's until level 20, the police station until level 22, and the town hall until maxed out on level 23.

A lot of that was due to the fact that I started playing the day TOH aired, so I was tied up with Halloween quests rather than the main storyline.

Yeah, I had wondered at the time if the Halloween quests were putting us levels behind in getting some of the storyline stuff because people were rushing to finish the event stuff before the end of the month due to that unfounded rumor of there being a Kodos for sale with candy at the end of October. It's really a shame that I can't vandalize in some towns because people are either a ton of levels behind me, they haven't received the right quests yet, or their Springfields are so large that moving around them makes you crash.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    Chibihalo wrote:
    It's really a shame that I can't vandalize in some towns because people are either a ton of levels behind me, they haven't received the right quests yet, or their Springfields are so large that moving around them makes you crash.
    Can you do me a favor and let me know if mine makes your game crash?
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand why tapping higher end buildings is better. For a friend to tap on a building the building must already be ready to collect. So when you tap the handshake icon you get the money you would have gotten if it were just a dollar sign. What's the difference?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:
    I don't understand why tapping higher end buildings is better. For a friend to tap on a building the building must already be ready to collect. So when you tap the handshake icon you get the money you would have gotten if it were just a dollar sign. What's the difference?
    It resets the timer. So if you go to bed and a 10 hour building is ready in a half hour, you get the benefit of being able to collect in the morning and then again in a few hours.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:
    It restarts the timer when your friend taps the building. So when you log in, you collect from the building and then immediately the timer shows the remaining time since your friend tapped the building.

Let's say a building of yours is ready at 2pm and a friend comes and taps it at 3pm. If you log on at 9pm, when you collect from that building the timer until the next payout will have a 6 hour head start.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!