EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Revenue passes $100 Million.

Prev1
2443899-kramer_surprised.gif

WOAH!!! Considering its only an app, not a full blown console game. Question is, how much longer will it be around for?

Replies

• jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    vmarco88 wrote:
    Being a player that has been playing since September 2012, I'm surprised that EA has made that much off of this game. Nonetheless I am proud of EA for constantly delivering to this game, wether it pleases us "neighbors" or not. Each update has been a surprise & a little different from it's previous ones. With that profit I hope EA has some big plans for TSTO, I play everyday so I'm always anxious for upcoming updates. Lets hope EA keeps up entertained & gives us another good year of tapping out. :D

Cheers!!

(here's a link to the article i read)
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-simpsons-tapped-out-revenue-passes-100-million/1100-6415843/

Fixed.
  • vmarco88
    25 posts
    edited October 2013
    vmarco88 wrote:
    Being a player that has been playing since September 2012, I'm surprised that EA has made that much off of this game. Nonetheless I am proud of EA for constantly delivering to this game, wether it pleases us "neighbors" or not. Each update has been a surprise & a little different from it's previous ones. With that profit I hope EA has some big plans for TSTO, I play everyday so I'm always anxious for upcoming updates. Lets hope EA keeps up entertained & gives us another good year of tapping out. :D

Cheers!!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-simpsons-tapped-out-revenue-passes-100-million/1100-6415843/

Fixed.

Thanks, I have no idea how to post links/ pictures on here.
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited October 2013
    vmarco88 wrote:
    vmarco88 wrote:

Cheers!!

Fixed.

Thanks, I have no idea how to post links/ pictures on here.

Glad to help. Thanks for sharing that article!
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    You have to wonder about the accuracy of the article when it states (dated 29OCT2013)
    The game hit Android platforms last week.

I have been playing on my Android Device since * Paddy's day
  • vmarco88
    25 posts
    edited October 2013
    You have to wonder about the accuracy of the article when it states (dated 29OCT2013)
    The game hit Android platforms last week.

I have been playing on my Android Device since * Paddy's day

At that point in the article, it is talking about "Plants vs Zombies 2."
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited October 2013
    And yet I still need to fork out over 200 doughnuts for this level update, after the 900 I spent during Halloween. For shame EA. I also might add that it's being well over 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for you (EA) to fix my game so my neighbours can visit without having to set aside the whole day to do so.
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Question is, how much longer will it be around for?
    Why is there such intrigue on this forum to prophesize the demise of a current EA cash cow?

It's one of the most profitable mobile titles ever published. Revenue is not even flatlining, yet. Lifetime revenue DOUBLED in a 6 month period. We have not even reached the pinnacle of Tapped Out's popularity and with a schedule of frequent updates, Tapped Out will stick around for the foreseeable near future.

EDIT: Even when Tapped Out is out of content, expect the model to be recycled. Game publishers are notorious for their franchises and sequels. Tapped Out is now a major EA title. There WILL be spin offs and knockoffs and maybe even a revamped Simpsons title with a new graphics engine. This is akin to all popular game titles. Cue South Park: Tapped Out or Springfield City 3000.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited October 2013
    vmarco88 wrote:

Cheers!!

Fixed.

Man..did you guys read the comments at the bottom of that article? I wanted to punch people through the computer screen!
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Question is, how much longer will it be around for?
    Why is there such intrigue on this forum to prophesize the demise of a current EA cash cow?

It's one of the most profitable mobile titles ever published. Revenue is not even flatlining, yet. Lifetime revenue DOUBLED in a 6 month period. We have not even reached the pinnacle of Tapped Out's popularity and with a schedule of frequent updates, Tapped Out will stick around for the foreseeable near future.

EDIT: Even when Tapped Out is out of content, expect the model to be recycled. Game publishers are notorious for their franchises and sequels. Tapped Out is now a major EA title. There WILL be spin offs and knockoffs and maybe even a revamped Simpsons title with a new graphics engine. This is akin to all popular game titles. Cue South Park: Tapped Out or Springfield City 3000.

I think he's just worried like a lot of us that one day it will just stop or run out of content.

But in your replay you have made some valid point and i hope they all come true :thumbup:
  • katehutson
    544 posts
    edited October 2013
    Free game. Lol

• Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    EA are renowned for not putting money back into the games they rake it in from. Like the Sims 3. Still choc full of bugs, still unplayable for some people since the Pets update, and yet EA keep rolling out the EP's and do NOTHING to fix it.

They'll never get another penny from me.
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    This is horrible, more resources to aps, less to consoles.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    There WILL be spin offs and knockoffs
    *cough cough*
    IMG_0125.jpg
    *cough cough*
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited October 2013
    vmarco88 wrote:

Cheers!!

Fixed.

Man..did you guys read the comments at the bottom of that article? I wanted to punch people through the computer screen!

Yeah, clearly some of them that 'don't get why it's so popular' have never played SimCity. That's been around for alike 20 years and noone questions why that was ever popular. So it's not an action filled shooter game, so what? We like it, we play it. We know it's not for everyone. End of story.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited October 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:
    vmarco88 wrote:

Cheers!!

Fixed.

Yeah, clearly some of them that 'don't get why it's so popular' have never played SimCity. That's been around for alike 20 years and noone questions why that was ever popular. So it's not an action filled shooter game, so what? We like it, we play it. We know it's not for everyone. End of story.

I have a feeling that those comments came from the same exact type of obnoxious little jerks that I want to choke through the headset playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. :mrgreen:
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited October 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:
    vmarco88 wrote:

Cheers!!

Fixed.

I have a feeling that those comments came from the same exact type of obnoxious little jerks that I want to choke through the headset playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. :mrgreen:

^^^^Hahahaha!!!!^^^^^...................AHAHAHAHAH!!

I hope they make this option available on Next Gen consoles!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2013
    ...Cue South Park: Tapped Out

I would love that more than words can say, but I doubt the South Park guys would sign off on it, given their frustration with doing things the Simpsons have already done. If there is such a game, it would probably be titled, "Simpsons Did It" :wink:
  • dustync1984
    40 posts
    edited December 2013
    I don't mind paying for donuts in this game 'cause I play this game so much and this game delivers the goods with all of it's updates and events they do. The only thing is is that they don't have nearly enough Gil donut sales. I sure do hope that this game lasts a very long time and I think it has a very strong chance to considering how popular it is and the profits they're making and there's still A LOT more content they can add to this game. I've got over 700 donuts currently right now and I've gotten most of the content that's been available, since I started playing in March, except for maybe a few limited time things I didn't have the donuts for at that particular time, but I know for a fact there's going to be a lot of new content coming out in the coming months so I'll be forking over a few more bucks to get a boatload for sure. It's crazy how much money I've been putting into this game between my wife and I, but it's definitely worth it to me. So now I've got to ask ... How many people here will be buying a boatload of donuts, if they have another donut sale during this Christmas event? How many people will be buying one no matter what? And for those who don't buy donuts ... What's it been like for you to play this game for however long you have and not unlocked certain characters, buildings and other limited time items?
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't mind paying for donuts in this game 'cause I play this game so much and this game delivers the goods with all of it's updates and events they do. The only thing is is that they don't have nearly enough Gil donut sales. I sure do hope that this game lasts a very long time and I think it has a very strong chance to considering how popular it is and the profits they're making and there's still A LOT more content they can add to this game. I've got over 700 donuts currently right now and I've gotten most of the content that's been available, since I started playing in March, except for maybe a few limited time things I didn't have the donuts for at that particular time, but I know for a fact there's going to be a lot of new content coming out in the coming months so I'll be forking over a few more bucks to get a boatload for sure. It's crazy how much money I've been putting into this game between my wife and I, but it's definitely worth it to me. So now I've got to ask ... How many people here will be buying a boatload of donuts, if they have another donut sale during this Christmas event? How many people will be buying one no matter what? And for those who don't buy donuts ... What's it been like for you to play this game for however long you have and not unlocked certain characters, buildings and other limited time items?

Yes, if there was a sale, I'd buy a boatload. I did this during the day old donut sale whenever that happened last.
  • dustync1984
    40 posts
    edited December 2013
    childeharr wrote:

Yes, if there was a sale, I'd buy a boatload. I did this during the day old donut sale whenever that happened last.

Way back in July was it? Idk but I've bought three boatloads already. One with an iTunes gift card that was for $100 that I bought online from best buy for $85 and one from that day old donut sale and one regular priced. And I bought my wife three boatloads, as well. I have a steady guaranteed pay check every two weeks and I don't have any kids (yet), so I can afford it every few months or so ... But I'd much rather prefer to get them on discount!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.