EA Forums - Banner

Tile tapping theory

Hmm I'm not sure saying we have X amount of accounts would add to their buisness. It sometimes may be a hinders density loads of spam accounts that people already make. I don't know to be honest but I don't think it would be much of a help

Replies

• johncolombo
    11405 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2013
    interesting theory and I've smelled a rat for a long time. I was thinking that the goo counter was to encourage people to tap more, so EA could show investors how many people play and how often they play, same with all the free donuts we've been getting, it generates more interest in the game. EA's numbers must be through the roof!
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    No chance. Too simplistic.

Even if this was remotely true, investors would want and require far more detail about the customer base other than just number of accounts.

This is either a bug that is in the queue to be fixed and just isn't a priority, it's a bug they have not even assigned resource to In order to fix, it's a bug with core game mechanics that's not straightforward to patch, or it's not a bug and is intended as part of gameplay. Or something else I haven't thought of.

Remember there's a cost to fix, it's not a P1 or P2, thus not urgent.
  • TotalTapper
    348 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Plus it gets ppl to waste obscene amounts of donuts when they accidentally tap their last tile
  • johncolombo
    11405 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Plus it gets ppl to waste obscene amounts of donuts when they accidentally tap their last tile

+1
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Then wouldn't they have advertised it if that was what they really wanted to do so they can spread the word? But they didn't, the community it self found out, well actually a player name Super Mario did and we the community just tested and verified it worked. So it could still be a glitch but not saying your theory can't be true because EA don't give us a heads up about anything on this game. But with everything said how would the amount of accounts affect the money they generate? One can make a dummy account and never buy anything in it ?!
  • montywash
    74 posts
    edited November 2013
    I don't think EA needs to do something like this to impress investors with this app. There's only one number investors care about - the bottom line. And the bottom line on TSTO is very good indeed.

That said, with the unique action of the tile, it would be odd to end up having something like this introduced as a new bug, or a "regression error", while they are adding content. It seems more like it was intentionally added for game balance and not announced, the same way buildings and tasks sometimes change payout amounts. The tiles simply take too long. This solves that problem.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think that all those feeder accounts take away from EAs server capacity and that would cost them money, because they would be required to expand by buying more capacity.

I do however think this glitch is some what intensional. Previously to this glitch, one would take away a tile, when one tapped on a neighbors tile. Then the fixed it, so tapping a tile will give the recipient an extra one, which was the original intent for helping a SP tile.
    The glitch/error lies in, that they did not program a limit to the amount of tiles one could get from tapping them. Either they forgot, or the limit they set is glitched.
    So that is what I think. They originaly planned for the helping of a SP tile to give out one extra one, not an unlimited amount.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I've been thinking about making a thread like this. This tile tapping adds to both squidport and visiting friends, which is two things we've been asking for. Also, the timing is perfect. Usually the game (and the forums) get kind of boring as these big events wind down. I'm convinced this is a buggy feature, rather than a true bug. I'm thinking the devs are busy focusing on ios7 fixes and Xmas. At some point we'll see some of the rough edges smothed out but that could take awhile. Or I'm wrong and this will all end on 11-8. Either way I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Here's the thing. I am a corporate salesman, and so I look at everything from the sales teams point of view. I guarantee when they make their quarterly report to the EA corporate office, they include the number of new accounts added to the community. Of course the amount of accounts isn't going to change anything on its own, but when shown in relation to the amount revenue generated, it can show a repeatable pattern which may help increase the estimated revenue the game will bring in. At least that is how I would spin it to my decision makers if I was asking for a 10% increase in funding. Therefore I would want the number of accounts as high as possible. But as the title of this thread says its a theory, that's all. I appreciate all the feedback on it.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think noone was spending donuts on it, they are looking for accidental tappers i.e me that spent 42 donuts on a tile today.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!