EA Forums - Banner

Squid port Tile...ugh!

Prev1
TWO times that has happened to me today.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Replies

• beeson1987
    148 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Im currently waiting for my sp tile to be tapped, but nobody seems to be tapping.
  • thito01
    60 posts
    edited November 2013
    What's worse than a neighbor visiting you and tapping on the three buildings you have in your landing zone when you have a squid port tile ready to be tapped?

How about having your neighbor tapping the three buildings right next to your squid port tile and NOT tapping your squid port tile!

Ugh!

Same here.

And when they tap buildings right next to the squid port tile, I have to be very careful when I un-haunt them so that I don't tap my tile. :x

I still have room for friends that know how this works.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I delete anyone who does that. It takes the * especially when my landing zone has a message telling people to tap the tile.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013

Request sent.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Add me : hadiyahazmi

And my sisters : chickygirl03,

We visit everyday and multiple times.

My tile won't be ready till tonight but the chickgirl tile is ready!
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Guys - I've just done the same last night. first time ever but it truly was a mistake, I feel really bad and embarrassed about it. I want to try and make up this mistake to my neighbour, but don't know how. Any suggestions?
  • thito01
    60 posts
    edited November 2013
    aljimo wrote:

Request sent.
    You already have your first tile.
    My method: I try to tap one tile then leave for about 8 hours. I then return and tap another. If the timing between me taping the tile and someone saving the tile works well, that is 3 tiles a day without any PMs being sent.

My landing zone message is: "TAP SQUID TILE 1 X PER 8 HR" meaning "Tap my squid tile one time and then come back 8 hours later and do it again".

Yet, I have new friends added because of the tile taping that will tap the tile then two buildings right next to it. I wish people would read my landing zone message.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    Tapped you as well, and collected mine.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    Add me : hadiyahazmi

And my sisters : chickygirl03,

Requests sent.
  • SydneyAnner
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    thito01 wrote:
    Same here.

And when they tap buildings right next to the squid port tile, I have to be very careful when I un-haunt them so that I don't tap my tile. :x

I moved all my tappable buildings away from the Squidport, that way I don't tap any of them by accident.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Here's something weird.

I had my tile floating for about two days, and I asked a friend I know in real life to click on it. He had his 3 actions and there was no floating tile in his view. He even showed it to me on his phone. He could not click on my tile even though others could. Its quite glitchy I guess. So when I do not see a tile, I tap buildings near it to show my neighbor that I at least tried....

Side note: I clicked my tile by accident and the wait time is now 2.5 days, I have to wait another day for it to be available.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited November 2013
    empathy77 wrote:
    Here's something weird.

I had my tile floating for about two days, and I asked a friend I know in real life to click on it. He had his 3 actions and there was no floating tile in his view. He even showed it to me on his phone. He could not click on my tile even though others could. Its quite glitchy I guess. So when I do not see a tile, I tap buildings near it to show my neighbor that I at least tried....

Side note: I clicked my tile by accident and the wait time is now 2.5 days, I have to wait another day for it to be available.

Yeah. I don't think it's consistent. I think some people can see it and some can't.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited November 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:
    Here's something weird.

Yeah. I don't think it's consistent. I think some people can see it and some can't.

I think it has something to do with if there is more than one neighbor visiting your town at the same time. I've even had 2 friends that definitely tapped my tile and left, but I only got 1 of their handshakes because (I think) they were in the town at the same time.
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    If anybody in this thread would like to Add me for tile taps I am Smith3198
    I need dedicated tile taps. I will tap Yours as well ....Thanks
  • JoshWB123
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    Add me if you tap tiles and I will for you aswell.

JoshWB123
  • siswil
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    thito01 wrote:
    My landing zone message is: "TAP SQUID TILE 1 X PER 8 HR" meaning "Tap my squid tile one time and then come back 8 hours later and do it again".

Yet, I have new friends added because of the tile taping that will tap the tile then two buildings right next to it. I wish people would read my landing zone message.

I do the same thing, as far as it is possible (when I have time for it). But you can't expect all your friends to visit your town three times a day. That's a bit demanding, in my opinion. Most people have a life outside of TSTO.

I really appreciate those who visit multiple times a day. But I also appreciate those who tap my squidport once a day :)
  • CamieSpice
    47 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have friend spots available, and I am willing to coordinate through origin chat triple taps.

I can confirm that if two people are in your town at the same time, you will only get 1 tap. Happened to me last night in the middle of a triple tap exchange.

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    siswil wrote:
    thito01 wrote:

I do the same thing, as far as it is possible (when I have time for it). But you can't expect all your friends to visit your town three times a day. That's a bit demanding, in my opinion. Most people have a life outside of TSTO.

I really appreciate those who visit multiple times a day. But I also appreciate those who tap my squidport once a day :)

Exactly
    I don't have time to visit towns more than once per day so i do the tile tap exit the town and go right back in and tap it again to get 3 taps on the tile. i know the neighbor only gets one handshake from it but i would not complain about that and at least i get to rake up over 2k XP for it. I do have a life outside TSTO and i feel that by me giving them one tile handshake i have been a good enough neighbor. I would never ask somone to come to my town 3 times a day and wait time between taps. Am i supposed to take notes as to which ones i have visited and what time to go back. Forget that noise
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I go to Squidport first thing in every town to check it - I always tap it if it's there.

My Squidport is complete and I know how horrible it is to build the thing so I really do want to help.

But... I don't even know if half of these people have even seen these posts or if they even look at the forums. I've had one PM requesting that I tap on the tile. I had already been doing this.

I never tap on anything close to that tile because that sucks.

50% of these people have the biggest mess of a town ever... IMHO. I will be getting rid of the house farmers and the towns with no roads in a few days.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    I'd be careful to jump to conclusions. On more than a few occasions I've tapped neighbours tiles then some hours later returned for that day's 2nd action (tap tile again) and there has been no tile.

My assumption is that they've either deliberately collected, or accidentally tapped their bottom handshake. I haunt their Squidport buildings to show I've visited looking for a tile, as there's nothing else I can do.

BUT if this tile thing is a glitch, it could be part of the glitch. Maybe some of your visitors cannot see your tile. You assume they're ignoring it.

My style is generally to tap the tile in the morning (eg. 8am) return at 2 or 3pm for tile 2, then again about 9pm, unless I coordinate over PMs of course.

Thinking is: at worst they'll get one tile, they'll probably more likely get 2 or 3.

Most of my 'tile-buddies' are checking regularly anyway, and it's easy enough to do. About 15/95 of my friends are tiling.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!