EA Forums - Banner

Donut Free Towns

Prev1
I started out that way, and eventually gave in to small donut purchases here and there. But, it's your town. As long as you're getting enjoyment out of it!

Replies

• chessfan12
    50 posts
    edited November 2013
    I used to be like that, but eventually, I broke. I think it was worth it. If you enjoy the game enough, find some things you know you will like and you think will be worth it.
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    I say buy Kearney. He makes bank and dances a sick jig
  • buster2369
    39 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yea maybe I'll get an itunes gift card for christmas, then I can buy some donuts. I would like Moleman, since he has always been one of my favorite characters. I wish they made it easier to find donuts. This Halloween event has been great, I have been getting so many extras!
  • Crowsfox
    86 posts
    edited November 2013
    I havent purchased any donuts either.. I saved up and got the cop car for 40.. and Im currently hanging on to 103.. I was hoping to get 150 before the event stopped so I could get the ray gun... but no such luck..

I dont want to "waste" them either, so I will just keep collecting :o)
  • jettsmom98
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I haven't purchased any donuts. I've only used the ones I get free. There are premiums I wish I had, but I just don't have money to spend right now. I'm saving my donuts for Christmas. Maybe there will be something cool and cheaper since I only have 89 at the moment.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited November 2013
    The buildings all pay out and the characters all pay out (except the whacking day ones) so just pick the one you would like to see in your town. My first buy was the Aztec Theater because I thought it was pretty and colorful and I still enjoy seeing it in my town.
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited November 2013
    Also haven't spent money on this game in the year-plus I've been playing - you are not alone! Have saved enough donuts to get a couple things, though. First buy was Bumblebee Man, because I like the convenience of being able to set both Channel 6 and Cletus's Farm to a 24-hour cycle - rinse, repeat. Second buy was the Aztec Theater, because I was getting very sick of SVT not having a 4-hour task. (Acquired SVT through Mystery Box.) Currently at 95 donuts, as Halloween has been very good to me, and I think I'll get Frink's Lab next.
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm so busy in the last year or so that I don't have much time to go to the movies, dinner, etc. I don't spend a lot of money on myself so I figure spending 20$ on donuts in the game every couple of months isn't bad for the fun I get out of playing the game. Everyone is different though.
  • philieb
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My town was donut free until a "friend" bought me an iTunes card for Christmas last year with specific instructions that it was to be used for donuts. Got me hooked like it was crack!!! :twisted:
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm a freemium player and I have an almost donut-free town. The only donut item I have is the cop car, which I am personally fond of (GTA fan here). I bought it early in the game to help me level (I don't housefarm).

Feel free to add me if you want to take a peek at my town. OP - you're not alone in going freemium. There's plenty of us around. :)
  • perrdog22
    26 posts
    edited November 2013
    Never bought donuts and never will. Came in with 65 or 70 saved up and just bought the duff factory. No clue what I'll get next but I've got a lot of time to figure it out.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm another who has not purchased donuts.

I bought SVT when I saved 30 donuts, and with my Xmas donut earnings got enough to buy Otto and bumblebee man.

Picked up Moleman and Kearney along the way, I think I had 30 donuts in a mystery box once and 10 another time.

Came I to Halloween with 53 Donuts and I've tapped my little fingers off to currently sit on 202.

When Halloween started I set myself the goal of getting to 75 and getting Marge's witch outfit, as I started playing last year in Halloween but missed that... But as the Donuts began to rack up I set my sights on getting Kodos.

Then I decided I was shooting for both lol... But I think I'll finish around 210 donuts if the event isn't extended, and it looks like Kodos won't be discounted...

So I'm probably going to break out the big guns and grab a 99c scratcher or two to get me to 225...
  • algar_toon
    51 posts
    edited November 2013
    ive not spent a penny on the game either and im quite happy with my town

i do wish i was better at saving free donuts but im a sucker for a homer buddah
  • camiller497
    22 posts
    edited November 2013
    The only thing I have (intentionally) spent donuts on is witch Marge and cauldron. My understanding is it gives something like a 3% bonus on all jobs.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My Wife's town is a donut free town. However that will be changing thanks to the Halloween update. She has a permanently possessed Lisa (since Sunday) which means I have been holding my finger on the iPad screen for the last three days. I collect more goo she gets more donuts. But even still she has not spent any real world money on the game
  • SalvatoreLoz86
    107 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have a doughnut free town as well, apart from 2 cars i bought after saving the doughnuts i received just from playing and getting SVT in a mystery box. I would love to get some of the premium items but i feel it costs to much for the amount of doughnuts you get.
    When i look at my the towns on my friends list, i cant believe the amount of stuff they have... some have multiple of the same items, and i cant help but think either they have dropped some serious cash on this game or hacked it.
    I even see towns with every premium item but their town is not cared for, such as one tiny road, everything crammed together with no thought or reason, and no pride behind it. Why spend that amount of IRL money for something you dont take pride in?
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited November 2013
    I made a post yesterday because so many people don't have the Jedediah statue. If you don't have him, tap on homer 10 times fast & it also pays out 10 donuts
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I guess the thread title is slightly misleading. I have no donut items in my town atm, but since I've collected 90 during this event I will likely be spending a few now. So I will not be "donut-free" but I will be using free donuts!

That said - I am not planning on spending $$$ to buy donuts anytime soon. So while I will not have a donut-free town, I will have a town with donut items that I did not actually pay for!
  • shabu922
    176 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I like the towns with few or no premium items better. The hacked towns, overloaded with premium buildings and tons of copies of the premium items that add a bonus, are dull and unimaginative. Towns with 20 quik-e-marts right next to 150 brown houses, with 30 cop cars and 30 burns limos, nothing in between them, are just an eyesore.
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The only premium item I have is Squeaky Voice Teen and that's only because I got it for free with a mystery box. I don't see the point in using real money for simulation games.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.