EA Forums - Banner

Tapped too many squidport handshakes!

Prev1
this is definitely a glitch

people just starting squidport now can get as many tiles as they want for the price of one.
even more than the maximum number of 151.

I am assuming it will be resolved in the update that removes Halloween from our towns because they definitely know about it now from this forum

Replies

• empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I did the same thing, 2.5 days.....crazy. My guess, EA will probably leave it up until next update.
  • thomasda81
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I did it last night right after I had added a bunch of "tile tapping neighbors"- So I paid the donuts just to speed it up since I knew I had new neighbors coming to click it. To me it was worth the donuts. Stupid Gremlins!!!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited November 2013
    Wish I had neighbors that actually tap on it. Only getting like 3-4 neighbors a day.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Wish I had neighbors that actually tap on it. Only getting like 3-4 neighbors a day.

same with me
    maybe 5
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

same with me
    maybe 5

I have about 80 friends. After seeing people track them, I decided to do the same. Once Halloween is lifted so do some of the "friends"
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I only have a few friends tap on my SP, as well, but I've gotten close to 50 free tiles, which seems pretty sweet to me.
  • tonykzr
    237 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I need neighbor for tile tapping only.
    GOO is over for me.

tonykzr, L36, tile is waiting
    few slots for now, but deleting some friends soon.
  • jtlyk
    13 posts
    edited November 2013
    If any of you would like to add me, I tap one tile and two haunts daily, but I'm online for the next few hours and all day tomorrow if you want to trade PMs in order to time our tapping to get three tiles. :) I just paid out the 24 donuts to speed mine up since I accidentally tapped the last handshake TWICE... I wanna get a lot for the crazy amount I had to pay in donuts! I have about 10-15 spots left

JTLYK
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I intentionally tapped my last tile. I did it because I knew I would just keep harvesting free tiles. If I hadn't I would be well over 500. I did it because I knew I would just keep harvesting free tiles. Another advantage to having feeder towns and a girlfriend who plays TSTO as well.
  • itistracyl
    51 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have a tile coming up later today. I hope it gets a few taps and maybe I can get a tile or two. I hope EA leaves this "glitch" in because it is a nice feature, and it is not costing them anything except maybe a few people who might normally use doughnuts to speed it up.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    itistracyl wrote:
    I have a tile coming up later today. I hope it gets a few taps and maybe I can get a tile or two. I hope EA leaves this "glitch" in because it is a nice feature, and it is not costing them anything except maybe a few people who might normally use doughnuts to speed it up.

I don't think many more people will be using doughnuts to speed up tiles. All the people who could afford doing so, probably already did. You should just make a feeder town or two. That way you can ensure you get several free tiles.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    I did the same at the OP, then just sucked it up and waited. I've got like 4 hours left on a 2.5 day build. Hopefully I can get quite a few last minute taps before the update. Even better, maybe it might not get fixed with the next update! Wouldn't it be sweet if it wasn't a glitch at all, and this was EA's way of getting us interested in Squidport again? Le sigh. It's a nice thought...
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    i wish someone would tapped mine so i can take part of this glitch
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Can someone please explain to me how you can get three tiles from the same person other than tapping 8 hours apart? I am trying to be a good neighbor so my friends can get 3 tiles out of my tapping ....but I am beginning to lose track ( and my mind). If I log in and out 3 times will that work? Or does the other person have to clear the handshake before I tap again?
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    How many handshakes can you accumulate?
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    psycho1189 wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me how you can get three tiles from the same person other than tapping 8 hours apart? I am trying to be a good neighbor so my friends can get 3 tiles out of my tapping ....but I am beginning to lose track ( and my mind). If I log in and out 3 times will that work? Or does the other person have to clear the handshake before I tap again?

As far as I know, the other person has to clear it. That's why some people were using Origin chat or the pm system on these forums to coordinate the three taps. That really helps them add up quick.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    psycho1189 wrote:

All you have to do is clear the handshake before you tap the tile again. You don't have to wait 8 hours; if you coordinate it with the other person, you can each have three tiles in a matter of a few minutes. I don't have the time to coordinate these things since I can't get on Origin chat at work, so I visit those with tiles a few times throughout the day to try to get them the three (considering they visit regularly and clear them out).
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Jedihntr wrote:
    psycho1189 wrote:

All you have to do is clear the handshake before you tap the tile again. You don't have to wait 8 hours; if you coordinate it with the other person, you can each have three tiles in a matter of a few minutes. I don't have the time to coordinate these things since I can't get on Origin chat at work, so I visit those with tiles a few times throughout the day to try to get them the three (considering they visit regularly and clear them out).

Not that it really matters, but you don't have to clear your handshake. You just have to enter your town. If someone places one in your town while your are in it, you would have to leave (i.e. KL or Friends List) and return. When you return the tile will be waiting for you.
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay thanks, I think I got it. I can't coordinate ( other than real life friends) cause it's way too much work. I'll try to see what is happening in my neighbors springfield before I decide to tap again. If it's a mess with hauntingly and gremlins, chances are they haven't cleared anything. So best to wait in that scenario.
  • thomasda81
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Feel free to add me also! Let's tile tap!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!