Replies

• BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited November 2012
    Thank you! :)
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I created bleachers for Springfield Down's out of benches and barriers. It's the barriers that really make it look realistic in my opinion. Eventually I might make a larger stadium this way. With much more space (and more money, barriers are expensive!) I could create a perfect frame with the barriers. Their size and the way they appear to connect when placed next to each other makes for nice even architecture.

edit:
    dowssmall.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've made a couple of stadiums that use various fake 3D effects to good use. See them here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9127931.page

Lots of techniques used, from carefully positioning the pavement for the ’32‘ on the stadium wall, to hiding edges of the benches so you can't see the joins. Pavement is also used for the stadium seating levels if you look carefully.

Also, the fields in the images are 'bent' slightly, taking into account perspective. If you count the squares, you'll see they're not balanced, but look fine.

When building towers there's only so much you can do, hence the large 'fence' structures all 'rise up' over grass.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Tony68k wrote:
    I've made a couple of stadiums that use various fake 3D effects to good use. See them here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9127931.page

Outstanding.
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited November 2012
    That Springfield Downs stadium looks great. I had planned something like that when I get it - I am a greyhound owner so really want that building. You made it look fantastic.

And, Tony, you did a really amazing job on yours as well. The numbers are really well done - it must have taken you a long time to do it.
  • G_B_U
    61 posts
    edited November 2012
    Awesome ideas.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Amazing stuff.. Ok my fence tower looks lame compared to these.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited November 2012
    The fence tower doesn't look lame.

Under my pyramids I started playing around with the square, pink waste baskets and the snapdraggons. For those who visit my town, I have a little 3D message for you. I will probably do something more interesting with that effect as I get down the road.

That is one that looks better on iPhone than iPad though. You would think EA would notice that some of us like this and put more shaded things so we can create some extra effects. The hedges work so well because of the shading.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    Like I always say, I SUCK at art. (Well, trying IS the first step towards failure, right?) But these are AMAZING!
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    @oneitunesbabe182: I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your hill idea to help make my observatory property a bit more realistic!!!! I tucked it behind the Springfield mountain sign and placed scorpio's lair beside it!!! Have a look!!

http://s18.postimage.org/zcbsxjdmh/photo.png
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    KingVicc wrote:
    @oneitunesbabe182: I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your hill idea to help make my observatory property a bit more realistic!!!! I tucked it behind the Springfield mountain sign and placed scorpio's lair beside it!!! Have a look!!

http://s18.postimage.org/zcbsxjdmh/photo.png

Looks pretty neat, Vicc. I may be forced to appropriate elements of this design! :-)
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Haha thanks. I still have so much I want to do but need to save up for it all (money-wise and time-wise).
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I have a 3D Hedge Pyramid with a house on top, and its an island as well, totally surrounded by water. I'm proud of it. :D Add me if you want to see it + my town. Would love any comments. I'll sort a pic out of it in the next day anyway.
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Here's my newest 3d feature, a lower level of my town.
    54D0AAC7-1A7F-48F2-B5C2-5397D6F0E33C-654-0000004BF50284DA.jpg
    I'm going to add buildings soon x

I love the depth of that. :thumbup:
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    This is one of my favorite threads so I'm going to revive it.

Here is my attempt at 3D, it's the Krustylu Movies. Baby steps lol, first time doing this.

eWZAel.jpg

Had to take the fences down from around the building so adding more fences doesn't cause crashing.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited March 2013

I don't know if this is 3D, but I've got a few messages from people saying they were going to "steal" it.
    Prison3D.jpg

(Edited to add: itunesbabe and tony68, your work can't be matched!)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Got to admit tl admit those chain fences does look good round the prison :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    Lissa-your studio looks very cool, great job. Simpsons0001-I am loving that fence around the prison!!! I think I may have to be a copycat with this one, really cool idea! :thumbup:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Tlindfors and Simpsons00001. Feel free to borrow, I got the idea from somebody. They had posted that they couldn't get the benches right so I messed around with them and changed the direction. I put fences up so the building looks better now and used the tree to hide that the fences don't meet right in the corner lol.

Let me know what you think with the fences added and if it crashes.

OH word of warning, I'm crashing up around the stupid deer in the upper right corner. Going to have to store those things.

I'm creating something with my Mayan artifact next, messing around with it so it's not a copy of what PeruHomer did lol.
  • cool2006
    777 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I made a hill for one of the houses in my town:
    58CC1529-01A6-401E-9BB5-BDD2A1EE8380-1243-0000012C389348C4.jpg

thats amazing how did u manged to do that?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!