EA Forums - Banner

I've been promoted! Look out :)

Replies

• Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'll check out that postimage site. Thanks for the tips.

What picture editors are people using? Anything iPad only? My laptop gets used less and less frequently now, it would be a shame to have to dust it off just to crop a couple of images.

Finally, what's the deal with the different ways of posting images? I see people post an image, then someone will repost it saying 'fixed it for you', and indeed it looks much better when they do this.. What exactly are they doing?

I may go and look at the general EA forums and see if they have a test area for experimenting...
  • SNE4K
    241 posts
    edited November 2012
    So did I abit ago xD I think it's always around the 50 odd posts mark :)
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    Finally me too!
  • Kavilesa
    42 posts
    edited November 2012
    I don't think it is at 50 posts. Because I got promoted yesterday with only 28 posts. :mrgreen:
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited November 2012
    Me too ! Just testing it out, seeing if my avatar shows up.

Nope...try again.
  • jarci1
    89 posts
    edited November 2012
    Why does the forums limit functionality at all to anyone?
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    It doesn't matter what level you are, an admin or moderator has to promote you manually. It seems that about once a month someone comes on here and upgrades or promotes nearly everyone's account. I'm not sure how they decide who to promote, I think it's just anyone who had written that week or that month. They did it a month ago the exact same way.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited November 2012
    USDPC wrote:
    I think it happens at 50 posts.

Yeh it's around there for most people, but it differs a lot. Some people get promoted at 20 posts, others are 100+ posts with no promotion
  • Blobulle
    59 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm really wondering how to get promoted :?:
    Maybe there's something to do.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    Do you really think they review accounts manually?

I've seen forums that had multiple ways of qualifying for "trusted" status, but some combination of number of posts and length of membership. Like either one month and 100 posts, two months and 50 posts, three months and 25 posts, etc.

I was upgraded at exactly 6 weeks and exactly 50 posts, FWIW.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    dcline414 wrote:

I've seen forums that had multiple ways of qualifying for "trusted" status, but some combination of number of posts and length of membership. Like either one month and 100 posts, two months and 50 posts, three months and 25 posts, etc.

I honestly have no idea how they do this, but it's clearly not triggered automatically by the number of posts.
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited November 2012
    dcline414 wrote:

I honestly have no idea how they do this, but it's clearly not triggered automatically by the number of posts.

Yeh I'm not sure how they do it but I don't think it's manually done. Because when you are promoted you get a message from 'the system' I think it was, and I don't think ea visit this forum much so it would be a lot to to promote everyone manually
  • iain_maple
    29 posts
    edited November 2012
    This method of allowing people to post images is most strange but hay ho I will just wait
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited November 2012

People..please.. Photobucket? Heres how to cut and paste photos.. Via sonny 1618( after he filled me in)

Find a picture on the internet, copy the URL, paste it into your message, select the text and click the 'Img' button. It will surround it with the image tags and, as long as you don't have 'disable BB Code' checked should show up when you post it.
    Voila! Easy.

Now get posting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited November 2012
    battyguy wrote:
    People..please.. Photobucket? Heres how to cut and paste photos.. Via sonny 1618( after he filled me in)

Find a picture on the internet, copy the URL, paste it into your message, select the text and click the 'Img' button. It will surround it with the image tags and, as long as you don't have 'disable BB Code' checked should show up when you post it.
    Voila! Easy.

Now get posting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah, but they're talking about when you screencap your town on the iPad and want to share that stuff. They're talking image hosting apps, sites, and other methods for dealing with you Tapped Out sharing goodies.

@Topic: I use Photobucket mostly because Flickr has this thing about you sharing other people's copy written work even if it's a screencap. For all your cropping needs your best bet is the totally free Photoshop Express app. Outside of Snapseed and ArtStudio, it's one of the best photo and image editing apps in the App Store. Plus, the free price tag makes it so totally worth it.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Yeh I got promoted too. Just logged in because every time I get undergoing maintenance an update is being done, same pattern every time. Anyway I need to go find the undergoing maintenance thread, but it's cool I can now share pictures n stuff. :-)
  • BerwynEd
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    If someone who reads this and has the power I would like to be promoted so I can post pics of my level 24 town.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    BerwynEd wrote:
    If someone who reads this and has the power I would like to be promoted so I can post pics of my level 24 town.

Wait for the sys admin fairy on the 22nd to make their rounds to all the good little posters.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited January 2013
    BerwynEd wrote:

Go ahead and post it anyway, someone with level 2 status will quote it for you so it shows up.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    I tend to find most pics I need on google images but taking screen shots is where I run into issues...

I use my google account.. I set up a public folder in Picasa and upload images there; however no matter how small i crop my images, the stupid iPad upscales the resolution back to whatever the native resolution is... what if i want the uploaded pic to be 300 by 300... I cant get my iPad to cooperate... any apps?? I don't want to use any other services...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!