EA Forums - Banner

Of topic but ace

Replies

• christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Lol sorry but just cleared the crap from the top of my fish tank and thought,, it's kinda like my Springfield, I love messing with environments and makin them look as best as poss.. Digital and live
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    K

Your sig is so edgy and cool.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Cheers dude, tried to add you a few times but no response?
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Oh, you may have gotten lost in my recent cull of invites. I couldn't access my list so had to go through the Origin client and delete them all, which solved all my stability problems. Try again and I'll add you back. :-)
  • winstonrhodes
    38 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Oh, you may have gotten lost in my recent cull of invites. I couldn't access my list so had to go through the Origin client and delete them all, which solved all my stability problems. Try again and I'll add you back. :-)

Sonny! How did you DO that?? I have 525 invites pending and it won't even open to show me them all anymore on my iPad!
    I would dearly love to clean house!
    Please and thank you!
    Cheers,
    JR
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Done
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Sonny! How did you DO that?? I have 525 invites pending and it won't even open to show me them all anymore on my iPad!
    I would dearly love to clean house!
    Please and thank you!
    Cheers,
    JR

Check it out: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9120123.page
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Done

And done. Nice town!
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Cheers dude, just got yours on my radar... Ace!
  • animalia6957
    197 posts
    edited November 2012
    christiemich your tank sounds cool any chance of a pic? i have a wall of vivariums with a collection of snakes and tarantulas, i spend hours and hundreds of pounds decorating my tanks with all sorts. my latest addition was a statue of Abu Simbel in my mexican red knees tank. starting an eygitian one next probably for a pair of scorpians :D
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    christiemich your tank sounds cool any chance of a pic? i have a wall of vivariums with a collection of snakes and tarantulas, i spend hours and hundreds of pounds decorating my tanks with all sorts. my latest addition was a statue of Abu Simbel in my mexican red knees tank. starting an eygitian one next probably for a pair of scorpians :D

Dude that's ace! Yeah I'll get some pix in the morning, just put the co2 and lights out for 8 hours, so need to wait, don't want to change things to much,

Get java moss man, it's great... In or out of water, and it sculpts to anything fast, I have what looks like a water hole with a glass front and fern browning ht of it.. The barbs love it
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    In other news, CO2 addition has been a big hit.... The tank looks amazing now, totally covered in plants
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've kept fish for a couple of years now.

I've got a 180l in living room with Mollies, neons, yoyo loaches, corydora cats, ottos, shrimp with a natural cork backdrop sand substrate, plenty of plants and moss.

I've also got a 40l in living room with a male betta (who has gone blind) and white cloud mountain minnows and another assortment of live plants, a 240l in kitchen with more loaches and a few Mollies.

I've also got a 240l, 2 40l and an 80l empty at minute. I fancy an Oscar in the 240l, but can't find space to set it up. I also fancy trying breeding bettas or splash tetra (incredible to watch these breeding), but kinda got my handful after breeding Mollies.
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited January 2013
    Just to add, I tried my hand at aquascape once, but after using a rich substrate, plant feeds and co2, I struggled to keep up with keeping it tame enough for my liking. After a few months of different dosage levels I gave it up. I also couldn't get the water quality good enough to keep fish in it as well.

I might have another go one day.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Im scared of fish.... And tanks
    Is there anyone out there?
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    In other news, CO2 addition has been a big hit.... The tank looks amazing now, totally covered in plants

I might have to try the CO2, never had luck with plants. Have two tanks, 55 gallon and 30 gallon. No one fish type, small tank has some yo yo loach, bolivian rams, bristlenose and an albino pleco, big tank has quite a variety. Looking forward to seeing your pics, sounds amazing.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    You need to get the co2 just right.. If your gonna do it go with DIY 2 litre coke bottle for over 100 litre tank or 1 litre bottle for under 100 litre tank...
    Get a co2 meter as well or at least a ph level tester, if you ph starts to drop below 6 get the co2 out of the tank, I killed a few fish by injecting a crazy amount.

I use standard garden compost under a thin layer of aquarium gravel and sand mix (sand came from toys r us) no added fertiliser to the water... Grows like it would in the wild, amazing.....

Cork background hay? Sounds interesting...
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    hey christiemich... how bout a pic of your tank??
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    MacJiggles wrote:
    hey christiemich... how bout a pic of your tank??

Sure will add later, it's 06:22 and v quiet right now lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!