EA Forums - Banner

Undergoing Matenance

Prev13
Yeah im getting this too. But i doubt it's to do with Christmas update. That's probably going to come on december 5th. Also why does this always happen when my characters are just about to finish their tasks?

Replies

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    Wait4lt wrote:
    Anyone else getting this?

I'm getting this message too.

Earlier today I was repeatedly getting an error message that said "Cannot connect to internet. This one's your fault, not ours." Now they are owning up to actually having issues on their end.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Wait4lt wrote:
    Anyone else getting this?

I sure hope its a Christmas update! :D

I am; sadly, I've not set my gang to their 12-hour tasks yet, so they are loitering about not making any $$$.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm getting it now myself....maybe they are prepping for a black friday premium item sale (hey one could hope heh?)
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited November 2012
    Bhawks2012 wrote:
    Yeah im getting this too. But i doubt it's to do with Christmas update. That's probably going to come on december 5th. Also why does this always happen when my characters are just about to finish their tasks?

Hahaha, mine just finished there tasks too.

Also why is everyone saying the update is on Dec.5th?
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited November 2012
    Bhawks2012 wrote:

]Dec 5 is when they update to disable old devices (hopefully not my 3GS). also it was around that date in Oct and Nov when those holiday updates came out

i'm getting this error now too and i've been playing all day
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I just started getting it. I really hope it lets me in soon, I had just set the last round of hour tasks right before I set 12 hour tasks...

Cshirleyea, if you know what's going on please let us know! Come to the rescue!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I just got it too. East coast US. Luckily, I just started my peeps on 12 hour tasks about 20 minutes ago...
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Not very considerate timing for maintenance - within my lunch hour :cry:
  • xDaft_Punk
    152 posts
    edited November 2012
    Wait4lt wrote:

From the Simpsons Tapped Out Facebook page:
    Do you have an older generation Apple device? If you have a 1st or 2nd generation iPhone or iPod, you may not be able to play the Simpsons after 12/5, as we are upgrading our software to meet the constant demand of new and improved devices. Make sure you've created an Origin account, so your Springfield will be waiting for you when you get a new device.

I guess people are under the assumption that with the software upgrade, the Christmas update will come too.
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited November 2012
    Ahhh I see, makes sense.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    Wait4lt wrote:
    Bhawks2012 wrote:

Hahaha, mine just finished there tasks too.

EA sent a notification to those playing the game on older devices that the game will no longer function on those devices after the update on 05 Dec 2012
  • m_theuma
    33 posts
    edited November 2012
    Glas to hear i'm not the only one with this. Hope its a new update to get us to the 5th
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm on the west coast and I also just received the same thing.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've gotten back on. One thing though, I can't buy donuts. Maybe it means they're going on sale?
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    I feel like it's an update for midnight. I think stuff will def be going on sale. Or there might be a premium building or character only available during black friday!
  • Tulorox
    10 posts
    edited November 2012
    My game keeps telling me it is undergoing maintenance, which is wierd because EA hasn't done any work on this game in months. Why would they pick a time when everyone is free to play to do maintenance?
  • G_B_U
    61 posts
    edited November 2012
    I got in but friends are gone again. I say an update is looming.
  • Bhawks2012
    216 posts
    edited November 2012
    I got back in. No new buildings or decorations and balloons are still able to be purchased. But like thomask323 said, u can't buy any donuts.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Bhawks2012 wrote:
    I got back in. No new buildings or decorations and balloons are still able to be purchased. But like thomask323 said, u can't buy any donuts.

Makes sense if there is going to be a donut sale!
  • shockman85
    265 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yup. Got into the game and its showing that I have no friends. :shock: Hoping that resolves!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.