EA Forums - Banner

What's the point of having a countdown timer, if you're not going to keep the deadline?

Prev1
To make you mad. EA has succeeded.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    people complained about it last time for just ending without notice and now people are complaining about them giving notice
  • ROTKELFER
    62 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    people complained about it last time for just ending without notice and now people are complaining about them giving notice

yeah, they gave notice, and they didn't keep it. which makes your comment pointless.
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    They still have all of today to keep their deadline it said Nov 7th and it still is the 7th in the US. It isn't even lunch time where the developer are at.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    rotkelfer wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

yeah, they gave notice, and they didn't keep it. which makes your comment pointless.

just like this whole thread
  • LPNintendoITA
    11622 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    rotkelfer wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

they had the update ready for lvl 37 but due to a jib in the questline for kirk and luanne requiring a premium object they delayed it even tough some recieved it. Of course without the app shop update the update didnt activate anything
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • ROTKELFER
    62 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    rotkelfer wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

If you didn't like it, you were free to ignore it. Still are.
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    rotkelfer wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

agreed
  • HankScorrpio
    166 posts
    edited November 2013
    The community event says it ends on Nov 7th, whilst the community prizes had a countdown, it doesn't mean the Halloween theme had to end the same time. Most TSTO updates occur late afternoon (UK timing) from previous history.

Stop fretting about something so miniscule and go out and enjoy your day./
  • empathy77
    4189 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I know people that spent donuts to get the gingerbread house because they we a few hundred goo shy. Now they are upset because they didnt have to spend the donuts.

It made people "panic" so it was not a good move by EA.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    empathy77 wrote:
    I know people that spent donuts to get the gingerbread house because they we a few hundred goo shy. Now they are upset because they didnt have to spend the donuts.

This happens at the end of every event. It's on the player. They've had 5 weeks to accomplish the low goals.
  • ROTKELFER
    62 posts
    edited November 2013
    empathy77 wrote:

Exactly. I wasn't personally one of those people but I've read that a lot of them went ahead and bought the premium goo stuff in fear the event would end (as it should, according to the timer).

That feels like a * move on behalf on EA.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited November 2013
    Anybody who can generate a few hundred goo in a few hours should not have allowed themselves to be in a position where they needed a few hundred goo to get the last prize after five weeks. If they are obsessed enough that they need to spend donuts to get the last prize and obsessed enough that they either have enough friends or ghost generators to get a few hundred goo in a few hours, then why did they wait until the last minute to get to 10,000?

I mean, if you assume a "few hundred" is 200, and they can get that in the eight hours it took before that complaint was posted, then that means at least 600 a day, meaning they should've had 10,000 within 17 days (half the time of the event). If a "few hundred" is 300, that would drop the total to 11 days. So if they waited until the last minute when they were capable of that amount of goo generation, it's completely their own fault they had to spend those donuts.
  • mbrattin34
    74 posts
    edited November 2013
    spAnser wrote:
    They still have all of today to keep their deadline it said Nov 7th and it still is the 7th in the US. It isn't even lunch time where the developer are at.
    Why did your update timer just reset
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    rotkelfer wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:

Exactly. I wasn't personally one of those people but I've read that a lot of them went ahead and bought the premium goo stuff in fear the event would end (as it should, according to the timer).

That feels like a * move on behalf on EA.

The same exact thing happened when Whacking Day ended. People used donuts to get the last prizes, AND then EA extended the event for a week.
  • Bettyumu
    81 posts
    edited November 2013
    Why would you be angry?

It's not like EA told you that you have until the clock reaches zero to collect goo or you die is it?

It's a game!
  • empathy77
    4189 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    empathy77 wrote:

This happens at the end of every event. It's on the player. They've had 5 weeks to accomplish the low goals.

My friend starting playing in the middle of October and is not a forum member, she is not familiar with the forum for adding 100 friends and such, last night, I dropped nearly 50 gremlins to do what I could to help her.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Be patient ppls, the developers are finishing off their table tennis games and eating cakes before getting back to work :)
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited November 2013
    The way I look at the counter is as follows: it was a way to give players a guaranteed time period during which the Halloween items would be available. After that you put off getting limited-time items at your own risk. And since we know that there is an update out (several people have gotten it already) and even if it hasn't been fully implemented yet, this makes sense.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited November 2013
    If it meant that much to you you could have just stopped doing Halloween tasks when the countdown ended. If you didn't finish this event in the alotted time you simply weren't trying. If you just started playing you get to wait until next time, oh well. Or maybe we should just give everyone who stars a new account all the prizes from all the previous events.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    If it meant that much to you you could have just stopped doing Halloween tasks when the countdown ended. If you didn't finish this event in the alotted time you simply weren't trying. If you just started playing you get to wait until next time, oh well. Or maybe we should just give everyone who stars a new account all the prizes from all the previous events.

The sad truth they expect to get all the limited items and past items too!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.